• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: January 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Sometimes I wonder how much is it the young player who is not performing and how much is it the modern game that is breeding these types. Big contracts, managerial merry go rounds, opportunities outside football, it’s not the ideal environment to flourish under unless you’re individually super focused or have a Ferguson guiding you.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Wasnt Pini Zahavi the first 'super agent'?

Havent heard much about him for a long time.

Could well be, think he did his first transfers end of the 70s, build his network in the 80s and then got really involved in the 90s. The interesting thing about him is actually that apart from Lewandowski and now apparently Zaha, he isn't anyone's agent officially. Think apart from official jobs at portsmouth back then he's always been sort of a middle man, establishing contacts and making deals happen, but not actually representing someone. Last thing I heard before these Zaha news was that Lewa signed with him last summer.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Sometimes I wonder how much is it the young player who is not performing and how much is it the modern game that is breeding these types. Big contracts, managerial merry go rounds, opportunities outside football, it’s not the ideal environment to flourish under unless you’re individually super focused or have a Ferguson guiding you.

Neat take on such situations. Factor in that young players are expected to develop earlier and faster nowadays, too. "Talent" also has become a massive factor in how much a player will cost in terms of transfer fee but also of course wages; it's become a bit like the stock exchange or betting. Focus has also shifted to earn as much money as possible as fast as possible. The modern game definitely has an impact on how these guys behave, develop and perform - or eventually don't anymore.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Could well be, think he did his first transfers end of the 70s, build his network in the 80s and then got really involved in the 90s. The interesting thing about him is actually that apart from Lewandowski and now apparently Zaha, he isn't anyone's agent officially. Think apart from official jobs at portsmouth back then he's always been sort of a middle man, establishing contacts and making deals happen, but not actually representing someone. Last thing I heard before these Zaha news was that Lewa signed with him last summer.

I imagine he is as much an agent as Kia Joorbachian, I imagine he is well involved but is officially kept off the books for multiple reasons.

But saying that, he's an elderly man these days, the Abramovich takeover was 17yrs ago, apart from Lewa & Zaha the players on his books are aging out the game as well.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵

could see that happening, get rid of Eriksen and bring him in

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

could see that happening, get rid of Eriksen and bring him in

Don't think he could cut it at Bayern anyway, so this is probably the best move he could make...still, will never understand how someone who claims to be an Arsenal fan, would join Sp**s.

Riou

Same way the Man United fan Sterling joined Liverpool, it's still a job at the end of the day. Doesn't really matter who it is that's paying your wages imo.

I would never, and The Rock means ever...play for Sp**s!

And this is coming from someone who isn't even from London, you should get that rivalry with Sp**s when you are an Arsenal fan...Chelsea I could maybe understand, as you are likely to win trophies...but Sp**s, nah.

Reactions: A_G

GDeep™

League is very weak
Fans in general don’t understand football. The players, the game, the culture etc.

Many of us are so ignorant it’s unbelievable.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I would never, and The Rock means ever...play for Sp**s!

And this is coming from someone who isn't even from London, you should get that rivalry with Sp**s when you are an Arsenal fan...Chelsea I could maybe understand, as you are likely to win trophies...but Sp**s, nah.
It’s a job. I also wonder when you’re a player how much of that fan in you survives. Defoe, Bent etc are local boys who support Arsenal, doesn’t get anymore real then that. Kane is a gooner too despite him trying to hide it now. It’s normal.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Of course. You think I know anything about football? Don’t even watch it much now.

When I was younger I used to watch the Dutch and Argentina leagues ffs. Means nothing when you get older, I don’t know anything about the game and I don’t wish to either.

Riou

It’s a job. I also wonder when you’re a player how much of that fan in you survives. Defoe, Bent etc are local boys who support Arsenal, doesn’t get anymore real then that. Kane is a gooner too despite him trying to hide it now. It’s normal.

Yet when they score, they celebrate wildly against us...doesn't get anymore real than that apparently :rolleyes:

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I would be very surprised if a big money move like happened in January. Sp**s getting Lemar on loan is much more likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I am immensely proud to say that I am the manager who has won the most FA Cups, and MY Arsenal are the club to lift it the most.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom