• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2020

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,442
  • Views 659,847
Status
Not open for further replies.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

His defensive work rate is brilliant
What is also very unknown about him is his great character. Each year he’s been at ajax the next young great player has said great things about Ziyech, how much he helped them individually and in the group. Nouri, Donny vd Beek, Onana, Gravenberch, Unuvar. For Chelsea’s young crop that can be an extra plus.

HBL

Established Member
What is also very unknown about him is his great character. Each year he’s been at ajax the next young great player has said great things about Ziyech, how much he helped them individually and in the group. Nouri, Donny vd Beek, Onana, Gravenberch, Unuvar. For Chelsea’s young crop that can be an extra plus.
I'm really annoyed we didn't go for him, can cover two positions as well. Only way this is acceptable is if we're going for Ihattaren

razörist

I'm really annoyed we didn't go for him, can cover two positions as well. Only way this is acceptable is if we're going for Ihattaren
Ihattaren is long from ready for the premier league, he needs a lot of minutes first. He only just turned 18 and lost his father recently. Closest player to Ziyech you will find though.

HBL

Established Member
Ihattaren is long from ready for the premier league, he needs a lot of minutes first. He only just turned 18 and lost his father recently. Closest player to Ziyech you will find though.
If we waited another 1-2 seasons we'll be paying £80m, I'd try and get him this summer and then ease him in next season

razörist

If we waited another 1-2 seasons we'll be paying £80m, I'd try and get him this summer and then ease him in next season
I’d forget it, we don’t get talent from the eredivisie anymore. Why else have we left all the ajax bargains on the table. I’ve been begging us to make a deal for Frenkie, Donny, De Ligt years ago.

HBL

Established Member
I’d forget it, we don’t get talent from the eredivisie anymore. Why else have we left all the ajax bargains on the table. I’ve been begging us to make a deal for Frenkie, Donny, De Ligt years ago.
Hmm I think there's a chance. Any rumours about who you're going to replace Ziyech with?

razörist

Hmm I think there's a chance. Any rumours about who you're going to replace Ziyech with?
Media talk about Stengs from AZ or Ihattaren from PSV. Stengs is more of a winger (I’m not a fan) and if PSV sells Ihattaren to Ajax they might as well liquidate the club. No concrete options but Overmars has 6 months and I’m sure he’ll find one. Internally on his position there is Marin (flop) Donny (heavily linked with Madrid) and Unuvar (16). Tadic could play CAM. But nobody realistically available could replace his creativity.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Who? we need to replace Özil eventually in the future, would have been the perfect replacement.

I mean 2009-2016 Özil is on a different planet to Ziyech, ridiculous passing range and had elite athleticism as well.

As for attacking midfielders there’s many other ones out there who’d fit Arteta’s style of play better.

Off the top of my head I’d rather pay more for Harit or Aouar or lesser players for much less like Buendia or Benrahma, they’re better value for money imo.

I think Ziyech is a good player, I just don’t think it’s the end of the world that we haven’t bought him in. It’s not like they’ve bought MBappe or Hazard.

Underhill

Ziyech is a great purchase for what they need. We better get moving on some proper deals that is not Raul doing a buddy a favour.

Ashybashy86

Surely means theyre afraid at least one of Salah and Mane might leave next summer after CL and PL titles with all those links to Werner and Sancho. Iirc Real were looking at Mane last summer while Salah has been linked to Juve.
Perfect Mané replacement.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I mean 2009-2016 Özil is on a different planet to Ziyech, ridiculous passing range and had elite athleticism as well.

As for attacking midfielders there’s many other ones out there who’d fit Arteta’s style of play better.

Off the top of my head I’d rather pay more for Harit or Aouar or lesser players for much less like Buendia or Benrahma, they’re better value for money imo.

I think Ziyech is a good player, I just don’t think it’s the end of the world that we haven’t bought him in. It’s not like they’ve bought MBappe or Hazard.

Mentioned in another thread but I really like Adli.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Perfect Mané replacement.

Think both Werner and Mané would fit in great there. Werner has really upped his allround game in the last season and especially this under Nagelsmann. Interestingly in the NT Low will play Reus or sometimes even Gnabry centrally as pivots with other fast strikers like Werner on the outside.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Could see Liverpool selling Salah and Mane for ridiculous money if they get the offers.

Something like 300-400M, then could end up with Mbappe and Werner. Don’t forget they didn’t spend any money in the summer.

Bloodbather

Established Member

To call Ziyech an average athlete and Özil an elite athlete says enough about your ability to assess athleticism.

razörist

Man said Amine Harit over Ziyech, thank god you’re not in charge. You’re not even comparing similar players, have you watched Ziyech like ever? :lol:

razörist

Could see Liverpool selling Salah and Mane for ridiculous money if they get the offers.

Something like 300-400M, then could end up with Mbappe and Werner. Don’t forget they didn’t spend any money in the summer.
You’re trolling now.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Media talk about Stengs from AZ or Ihattaren from PSV. Stengs is more of a winger (I’m not a fan) and if PSV sells Ihattaren to Ajax they might as well liquidate the club. No concrete options but Overmars has 6 months and I’m sure he’ll find one. Internally on his position there is Marin (flop) Donny (heavily linked with Madrid) and Unuvar (16). Tadic could play CAM. But nobody realistically available could replace his creativity.
Can't imagine PSV would sell to us. Great talent, but would not be the answer for Arsenal right now. Can't make your main creative player a 17 yo, that's just ridiculous. And we can't afford to spunk €30m and loan him back for two years. Our talented creative backup mid should be ESR. Get a starting creative mid of 23-27ish instead.

I do like Stengs, by the way. Natural baller, think he'd step up his game another level at Ajax.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We lacked a little bit of sharpness

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom