• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2020

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,442
  • Views 661,948
Status
Not open for further replies.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Oh ffs.

Eddie is scoring tap ins bro, get a grip. Brewster is an elite talent, doesn't have to do anything in the PL he ripped up the championship last season and is about to join Palace for £25M. Any suitors for Nketiah? Nah, thought so.

No.

If he was an elite talent then he’d be like Trent Alexander-Arnold or Saka and breaking through in the first team. If Eddie was as terrible as people are suggesting he is then Arteta would have binned him already.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
No.

If he was an elite talent then he’d be like Trent Alexander-Arnold or Saka and breaking through in the first team. If Eddie was as terrible as people are suggesting he is then Arteta would have binned him already.

Didn't say Nketiah was terrible, but he's the Fabrizio Romano of strikers. To be a top level striker these days you need more to your game, hence why he'll never be our starter striker.

And he wouldn't be in the first team because Mane, Salah and Firmino take positions he could be playing in, dull point of view. Liverpool installed a £37M buy back clause for a reason.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

He’s a decent talent but 25m is ridiculous. I’m sure if Arsenal had a player like that, we’d be getting 10m.

We might be getting 15M for Balogun who’s never played a first team game.

Brewster is honestly a super talent. There’s a lot of clubs in for him which has clearly raised the price.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Didn't say Nketiah was terrible, but he's the Fabrizio Romano of strikers. To be a top level striker these days you need more to your game, hence why he'll never be our starter striker.

And he wouldn't be in the first team because Mane, Salah and Firmino take positions he could be playing in, dull point of view. Liverpool installed a £37M buy back clause for a reason.

He’s only 21, so just like Brewster you can’t write off Eddie this early. I disagree aswell as a top level striker if you’ve got excellent finishing, very good positioning and a bit of pace then that’s more than enough to make it at the top level.

Brewster might have scored goals in the championship but it remains to be seen whether he can replicate it in the PL and a buy back clause means nothing, all the top clubs do it.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

We might be getting 15M for Balogun who’s never played a first team game.

Brewster is honestly a super talent. There’s a lot of clubs in for him which has clearly raised the price.

Liverpool are excellent at getting the best possible fee for their players. They’re pretty much paying off the Thiago Alcantara signing with this Brewster sale.

They got Ings for free and sold him for 20m. Jordan Ibe was sold for 20m too.

say yes

forum master baiter
He’s banged the goals in for a team who nearly got promoted last year. He’s done what Nketiah hasn’t in that respect so I think it’s a fair fee.

He’s clearly talented and I’d rather him than Watkins who just went for 30M. He’s not another Dom Solanke.

Look at Balogun, supposedly unreal talent who’s never played a first team game and the club thinks they can get 15M.
Still think that fee is on the high side. And as others have said, it’s the buy-back clause that gets me.

Amazing deal for Liverpool. Shows the value of sending young talents on loan to the championship too. There’s no better training ground for the prem.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Still think that fee is on the high side. And as others have said, it’s the buy-back clause that gets me.

Amazing deal for Liverpool. Shows the value of sending young talents on loan to the championship too. There’s no better training ground for the prem.

He’s had four clubs in for him which has raised the price. The kid is very talented as well which he showed at Swansea.

Yeah the second point is the key, we shouldn’t have sent Nketiah to Leeds just because Vinai’s mate works there. Bristol City was always the better option.

Promotion chasing side who would’ve started him every week.

say yes

forum master baiter
He’s had four clubs in for him which has raised the price. The kid is very talented as well which he showed at Swansea.

Yeah the second point is the key, we shouldn’t have sent Nketiah to Leeds just because Vinai’s mate works there. Bristol City was always the better option.

Promotion chasing side who would’ve started him every week.
Tbf the Athletic did a big piece on Eddie’s loan move and Leeds apparently made a convincing & heavily detailed pitch about how they’d use him, with financial penalties and the option to recall Eddie if they reneged (which we eventually used). Seemed like a good option at the time, just didn’t work out.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Tbf the Athletic did a big piece on Eddie’s loan move and Leeds apparently made a convincing & heavily detailed pitch about how they’d use him, with financial penalties and the option to recall Eddie if they reneged (which we eventually used). Seemed like a good option at the time, just didn’t work out.

Ornstein did write that the loan was in part down to Emery’s close relationship with Victor Orta as well as Angus Kinnear and Vinai.

I never got the move tbh. Leeds were in promotion or literally bust and Bielsa was always going to go with Bamford who had been in the trenches with him the previous year.

It was like when we sent ESR to Leipzig and Nelson to Hoffenheim when they were a CL team.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Ornstein did write that the loan was in part down to Emery’s close relationship with Victor Orta as well as Angus Kinnear and Vinai.

I never got the move tbh. Leeds were in promotion or literally bust and Bielsa was always going to go with Bamford who had been in the trenches with him the previous year.

It was like when we sent ESR to Leipzig and Nelson to Hoffenheim when they were a CL team.
But it's the players who make the final decision, not the club? It seems our kids always choose to go on loan to more shiny clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I am immensely proud to say that I am the manager who has won the most FA Cups, and MY Arsenal are the club to lift it the most.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom