• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2020

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,442
  • Views 661,760
Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Eesh, I wonder how he feels. I mean 75m ain't too shabby. But isn't it like his dream to play for Utd? He joins in January, plays less than 10 times for them, football comes to a halt and then it's all over. He must be gutted.

Hmmm yeah but I think that 75M will cover that feeling of being gutted pretty well. :lol:

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Eesh, I wonder how he feels. I mean 75m ain't too shabby. But isn't it like his dream to play for Utd? He joins in January, plays less than 10 times for them, football comes to a halt and then it's all over. He must be gutted.
I wouldnt give a flying **** for 75m :lol:

Malky

Established Member
:lol::lol: You can't be serious? He's had a few games playing for United and now gets to set himself up for retirement being an average player making £350K+ a week at 30 years old. That's ****ing crazy in any financial climate, never mind the one we'll all be facing coming out of this pandemic.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Like sure money's important but why are yous so sure it's the only thing that matters to footballers. I'm pretty sure Utd is the club Ighalo always supported, it's like a dream come true for him to play for them - a dream he probably never expected to happen. Suddenly near the end of his career it happens and it's taken away from him prematurely. That's gonna eat away at him for the rest of his life, no matter how many millions are in the bank.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Like sure money's important but why are yous so sure it's the only thing that matters to footballers. I'm pretty sure Utd is the club Ighalo always supported, it's like a dream come true for him to play for them - a dream he probably never expected to happen. Suddenly near the end of his career it happens and it's taken away from him prematurely. That's gonna eat away at him for the rest of his life, no matter how many millions are in the bank.

Guess he's lived his dream though, he's played and scored for his dream club, it was only ever meant to be a loan, it's something he'll never forget and he'll get 75M etc.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
But he got to wear the shirt, he scored some goals. I dont think he would have stayed at the end of his loan spell if his club were offering such an astronomical amount.

A lot of players dream of playing for clubs and never get to. Ighalo was actually quite fortunate he got a chance considering his ability in relation to the stature of the club. Im sure he will still cherish it.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Happy for him tbh, though his time was with us was minimal, it was enough to finesse Shanghai to give him 75m.

We're linked with Ben Yedder/Josh King to replace him, it's a shame I thought Ighalo was filling the role of Cup competition/senior striker quite well.

Reactions: A_G

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Happy for him tbh, though his time was with us was minimal, it was enough to finesse Shanghai to give him 75m.

We're linked with Ben Yedder/Josh King to replace him, it's a shame I thought Ighalo was filling the role of Cup competition/senior striker quite well.

Who is United's striker though, Rashford?

Juan Matas Beard

Trusted ⭐

Who is United's striker though, Rashford?

Martial has been our #9, Rashford has been looking immense as a LW. We also have Greenwood who can pretty much play anywhere across the front line but in the long term he'll be a #9.

Many of our fans are fantasising about Sancho for the RW and someone to replace Ighalo.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Martial has been our #9, Rashford has been looking immense as a LW. We also have Greenwood who can pretty much play anywhere across the front line but in the long term he'll be a #9.

Many of our fans are fantasising about Sancho for the RW and someone to replace Ighalo.

I wonder if you don't get Sancho this season if you'll ever get him. It seems like you're prepared to pay the money but maybe next season other teams will be.

I still firmly believe Ole isn't the right guy either, you had a very strong finish to the pre-covid season but throughout theres been question marks.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
I wonder if you don't get Sancho this season if you'll ever get him. It seems like you're prepared to pay the money but maybe next season other teams will be.

I still firmly believe Ole isn't the right guy either, you had a very strong finish to the pre-covid season but throughout theres been question marks.

Little excursion: Sancho has taken a page out of the Dembele book and stuffed himself with fast food during Corona. Even got a little tummy that lad. Estimates are he's about 2 weeks hard training off the fit rest of the Dortmund squad.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Little excursion: Sancho has taken a page out of the Dembele book and stuffed himself with fast food during Corona. Even got a little tummy that lad. Estimates are he's about 2 weeks hard training off the fit rest of the Dortmund squad.

Was wondering why he wasn't starting. :lol:

Since you said that I've always wondered how this break is going to affect teams, for example if Arteta is obsessed with football as it's made out it'll do Arsenal some good tactically, maybe a bit like having a pre-season.

Also a lot will depend on how hard players have trained and how much they've been monitored, some teams may come back with really poor fitness. It's pretty exciting. Players refusing as well will impact teams, it seems Kante won't train, and Deeney.

Injured players have had plenty of time to recover as well, can't even remember who was injured for Arsenal when the season stopped?

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan

Since you said that I've always wondered how this break is going to affect teams, for example if Arteta is obsessed with football as it's made out it'll do Arsenal some good tactically, maybe a bit like having a pre-season.

Also a lot will depend on how hard players have trained and how much they've been monitored, some teams may come back with really poor fitness. It's pretty exciting.

Injured players have had plenty of time to recover as well, can't even remember who was injured for Arsenal when the season stopped?

Some German teams seem to have become a bit slower, although the overall fitness levels seem alright. Not top of the game, but not bad either. The five substitutions could play a role, though.

Reports were Sancho was "injured", but then someone snapped a pic of him sporting a fat belly.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

At least there's a more poorly run club than us

Juan Matas Beard

Trusted ⭐

Also a lot will depend on how hard players have trained and how much they've been monitored, some teams may come back with really poor fitness. It's pretty exciting. Players refusing as well will impact teams, it seems Kante won't train, and Deeney.

I thought it was because he had a calf injury.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/05/16/why-...-dortmunds-bundesliga-clash-schalke-12712248/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I started clapping myself... until I realised that I was Sunderland's manager.

Peter Reid after Bergkamp's goal against Sunderland.

Latest posts

Top Bottom