• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2021

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 6,511
  • Views 448,962
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloodbather

Established Member

United need a CB and a DM to be contenders. Lindelöf and McTominay/Fred won't cut it. If they get Sancho AND address those needs properly, then they could get there.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵

For several weeks, a Parisian real estate agency, specializing in ultra-luxury, has been looking for an apartment for a certain ... Lionel Messi

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Luis Campos would want players he want it'll be like Sven and Raul all over. Unfortunate but look like it'll be edu Arteta and new scouting staff this summer. I think Luis Campos will not go to big club they won't allow him big control

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Aurier apparently going back to PSG. Not sure who will want and can afford Bellerin’s wages.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
30m for Martial, 80m on Sancho. What an upgrade that would be. A top cb and United would be in the title mix. I don't think they could attract Kane.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

@Juan Matas Beard @Tree Points what's the Pogba situation? Haven't seen many United games but the consensus seems to be he's doing fine again? Contract only runs til 22, so what seems to be the plan with him?

In terms of his contract, it's radio silence at the moment, we have no idea if he's staying or leaving and we'll probably only get our answer at the end of the transfer market.

For his role at the club, he's been in fantastic form ever since he recovered from Covid earlier in the year. He's started to play as a wide-playmaker on the left and it really suits him well, as we don't have a strong defensive-minded midfielder to partner him in the central roles. The ideal scenario is he stays, we sign someone like Declan Rice to partner him.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
In terms of his contract, it's radio silence at the moment, we have no idea if he's staying or leaving and we'll probably only get our answer at the end of the transfer market.

For his role at the club, he's been in fantastic form ever since he recovered from Covid earlier in the year. He's started to play as a wide-playmaker on the left and it really suits him well, as we don't have a strong defensive-minded midfielder to partner him in the central roles. The ideal scenario is he stays, we sign someone like Declan Rice to partner him.

Isnt that his best position though?

If I recall correctly Juve had him as a wide playmaker.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan

You reckon you can tie Pogba up + sign e.g. Sancho, Rice and a CB without a lot of selling? Can't see too many players in your team you could sell without losing quality but still make some money with - De Gea, Telles, Fred? But they probably won't fetch big fees.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Isnt that his best position though?

If I recall correctly Juve had him as a wide playmaker.

Even in that position, he drifts to the central midfield where he does the most damage. Pogba for me shows his best football when he's protected properly no matter what position. For France with Kanté, he has the license to play forward and roam, in Juventus with Vidal and Marchisio, had a great season with Matić. I don't really trust McTominay and Fred to consistently do that for him.

You reckon you can tie Pogba up + sign e.g. Sancho, Rice and a CB without a lot of selling? Can't see too many players in your team you could sell without losing quality but still make some money with - De Gea, Telles, Fred? But they probably won't fetch big fees.

It's the ideal scenario but it's probably a lot to ask. Lingard is the one we could get a decent fee from. The Glazers said they will invest this summer after everything that's happened, so let's see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you grow up with a club and you end up playing for them and winning things, you are from that club. I was born here. I was formulated here.

Liam Brady

Latest posts

Top Bottom