• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Obafemi Martins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artillero

Obafemi Martins to Arsenal?

"Martins is being looked at by a few English sides, but for the moment there is nothing concrete"

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid ... +confirmed

This link does not mention us directly as being bidders but in the past Wenger has always expressed an interest Martins.

l1589407.jpg

Viper

Established Member
It says Tottenham (no surprise there), Man Utd and Newcastle are all interest. No mention of Arsenal.

Artillero

Amadeor said:
I have to say I like him as a player, but I have difficulties believing he's 21 years old.

Yeah there was an investigation into his age but they never had any solid evidence :D .

Another footballer from Nigeria claimed to be 18 but had worked for the police for 3 1/2 years before hand!.

I have always liked him but his form is patchy to say the least, under Wenger he could be fantastic. I had always assumed he would join Chelsea after Inter and they were strongly linked last summer but without Russian intrest the price should be lower.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
i think he will cost from 15m to 20m. he is good. very pacy. unfortunately i realistically won't think wenger would want him

elamita

Viper said:
Shell said:
Please no. Very average player. His finishing is non-existant.
He scored 9 goals in 19 apps, so how can you say his finishing is non-existant?

9 goals out of how many chances. maybe out of 20 chances or maybe out of 10. it depends. you would have to watch more than 2 or 3 games to be able to see how the player is performing. not by lookin at his stats.

Viper

Established Member
elamita said:
Viper said:
Shell said:
Please no. Very average player. His finishing is non-existant.
He scored 9 goals in 19 apps, so how can you say his finishing is non-existant?

9 goals out of how many chances. maybe out of 20 chances or maybe out of 10. it depends. you would have to watch more than 2 or 3 games to be able to see how the player is performing. not by lookin at his stats.
Yes I know, but 'non existant' just could well mean ****e. If his finishing was actually 'non-existant' he would've scored less goals.

Bigpapa42

marckassatly said:
r u serious i think his finishing is pretty good and furthermore he's one of the quickest players around

Not only extremelly quick, but very strong for his size.

ramon12

in Africa they change their ages because im African but i didnt chang my age i was born in London

Arsenalguru

Strong, quick with eyes for goal.

Too bad he is a bit too short.

At this moment we probably need a player like him but with more height.

Shadow Moses

Established Member
ramon12 said:
in Africa they change their ages because im African but i didnt chang my age i was born in London

More like some African footballers change their age so they can have a longer career. It's happening to Tennis too and this time it's global

Jaz.14

i really rate martins as a player, and i have msg'd before saying that i wouldn't mind him coming because he's young, experienced, blisteringly fast and strong. But i dont think we'll see it happen in all honesty...because 1) Wenger must surely be thinking more about defence 2)if not, surely more about worried about midfield, and 3) we have alot of africans who are quite important to us, toure, eboue, adebayor, and i'm just thinking that the Africans Cup of Nations must have some influence in our decision..We would be losing 4 players (if we had martins) every couple of years at a crucial time...I really hope we don't see him at arsenal next season, i'd much rather see other players in different positions come instead...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I started clapping myself... until I realised that I was Sunderland's manager.

Peter Reid after Bergkamp's goal against Sunderland.
Top Bottom