• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ognjen Vukojević

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
his old side Dinamo Zagreb claim Gunners boss Arsène Wenger is plotting another raid — for £5m-rated midfielder Ognjen Vukojevic.

Scouts watched the powerhouse in a friendly last week against Austrian side Rapid Vienna.

Dinamo coach Branko Ivankovic said: “Arsène’s been talking to me a lot about Ognjen. He told me exactly how many miles he had run in the game.

“He then told me the player’s height, weight and even the colour of his hair. I was very impressed.”

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2007300431,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002 ... 31,00.html</a>

Thommybhoy

Established Member
Mentioned in Cro-newspapers quite a while ago. I can't see him beeing nearly as good enough. I'm almost sure it is cove for Luka Modric. You justb have to believe me. 5M for him, way way too much. There is also that part, that Arsène knows and that he might saw something in him, but I can't see that happening. Cover for something, I'm almost 100% sure.
You'll just have to believe me.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
I want Modric dammit, Thommybhoy am I wrong when I say he looks like a croatian Sneijder?, powerful shot, all positions across midfield etc etc

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Looks good on youtube but I can't see Wenger being interested in him. The Croat looks like an Am to me and the team right now is packed with AMs. An addition of this player won't offer Wenger more top-quality options except a little more of squad depth. I'd rather Wenger go for Bremen's Diego than for this player.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
modric is good. he can also play the wings right if i am not wrong. i cant see wenger sign him though. thommy, is there any concrete link? how sure are you?

AFCG7

Established Member
Modric for us would be a great signing.. but where would we play him ? He is a top rated player... not one for the bench so i doubt he will wan to join us.

Thommybhoy

Established Member
YeahBee said:
I want Modric dammit, Thommybhoy am I wrong when I say he looks like a croatian Sneijder?, powerful shot, all positions across midfield etc etc
Yes he does actually, as I said he is like a mixture of Cesc, Rosicky and Hleb. would do good for us, I believe. He would cost us more or less as much as Eduardo, maybe 2M more. In few years time that would seem like a steal believe me.

They are now talking in Croatian press about Vukojevic, but nobody believes it. They say from Dinamo that Arsène knows absolutely everything about him. Would really that team from Belgium (Lierse ??) sell him to Dinamo for cca .25-.5M Euros 18 months ago. It would be a mistake to buy him, I'm affraid. He is like Song, but worse.

arsenal_hleb said:
modric is good. he can also play the wings right if i am not wrong. i cant see wenger sign him though. thommy, is there any concrete link? how sure are you?

He can play LM, AM, CM and DM. He would fulfill Cesc shoes well if, God forbids, something happens. That type of player he is. As I said I think there are about 60% chances of us signing him. Dinamo faces disqualification from Europe, becuse of fan riot in Austria. If that, God forbids, happens he is leaving for sure. I'm sure Arsène though of that a lot. I must say that I think it is very reliable. No official links so far, but I'm sure I will be among first to know I Dinamo says something, and so will You then.
3rd excellenr Dinamo talent, Corluka has also been liked to spuds recently, but he is manure fan, and he has issues, if You know what I mean.

AFCG7 said:
Modric for us would be a great signing.. but where would we play him ? He is a top rated player... not one for the bench so i doubt he will wan to join us.
Oh, he would join us, if it was up to him. Every player from Croatia would for sure, in a heartbeat. If we are only interested gigant team, what is the case. That will no longer be the case already in January. Luka would fight without argue to secure first team spot, Wenger would give him many chances, becuase he is Wenger, and he would grab spot he earns and he wouldn't let it go.

But we just have to wait and see.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
the 10 year contract for Modic may warrant a high price, but the player type is what we need for the squad, if he usurps Hleb or Rosicky then it is so

AFCG7

Established Member
Thommyboy .. when i said he might not want to join us i didnt mean that he would stay in Zagreb either. Its possible that other big clubs are after him too, so he might prefer to pick those instead of us because he will want to start games.
It would be a great thing though if we are the ones to get him.

Thommybhoy

Established Member
I think that we are ATM ahead because we have already done bussines with Dinamo. We just have to wait and see.
Any deal must be ended before Dinamo's 1st CL qual round 1st fixture on 17th of July.

Gurgen

Established Member
Thommy, is this Corluka guy any good? He's a god on FM. What kind of 'issues' does he have?

Thommybhoy

Established Member
He had excellent form in the Autumn. Arond Croatia-England game. Then suddenly media strted to turn him into some version of local Beckham. And fame hit his head very hard, he was no longer the player he was. He was, and probalby still is very good RD and quite good CD.
Before the game with Estonia he would get away from training pitch in tears becuase he had problem with his girlfriend. And he doesn't want to talk about that. He said that he can't concentrate about the game and he played the game against Estonia like his mind was somewhere else. Well it turned out his girlfriend has a car accident but it was nothing wrong with her, no injury, and he knew that all along. I guess he just like media attention. To me that isn't normal.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Thommybhoy said:
YeahBee said:
Yes he does actually, as I said he is like a mixture of Cesc, Rosicky and Hleb. would do good for us, I believe. He would cost us more or less as much as Eduardo, maybe 2M more. In few years time that would seem like a steal believe me.

They are now talking in Croatian press about Vukojevic, but nobody believes it. They say from Dinamo that Arsène knows absolutely everything about him. Would really that team from Belgium (Lierse ??) sell him to Dinamo for cca .25-.5M Euros 18 months ago. It would be a mistake to buy him, I'm affraid. He is like Song, but worse.

arsenal_hleb said:

He can play LM, AM, CM and DM. He would fulfill Cesc shoes well if, God forbids, something happens. That type of player he is. As I said I think there are about 60% chances of us signing him. Dinamo faces disqualification from Europe, becuse of fan riot in Austria. If that, God forbids, happens he is leaving for sure. I'm sure Arsène though of that a lot. I must say that I think it is very reliable. No official links so far, but I'm sure I will be among first to know I Dinamo says something, and so will You then.
3rd excellenr Dinamo talent, Corluka has also been liked to spuds recently, but he is manure fan, and he has issues, if You know what I mean.

AFCG7 said:
Oh, he would join us, if it was up to him. Every player from Croatia would for sure, in a heartbeat. If we are only interested gigant team, what is the case. That will no longer be the case already in January. Luka would fight without argue to secure first team spot, Wenger would give him many chances, becuase he is Wenger, and he would grab spot he earns and he wouldn't let it go.

But we just have to wait and see.
then i think wenger must train him to be a attacking winger. not too good for a player to be able to play attacking yet defensive. prefers him to concentrate on attacking. he is quite lightweight too right? i think i saw him a bit that time dinamo played us. regarding the links and everything i hope everybit of what you say is true. i am pinning hopes on you :). modric is the kind of player that all gooners loves.

corluka? he is my favourite defender in FM. he is very tall. is he any good real life? looks like croatia has quite a number of bright talents

asajoseph

Established Member
I'm expecting big things from Denilson this year - if he learns to cover the space behind him a little better, I wouldn't be surprised to him push the mighty Berty by the end of the year. And that's high praise indeed from me.

That kind of makes Vukojevic somewhat redundant though - especially as there's so far no sign of Song going anywhere...

Thommybhoy

Established Member
arsenal_hleb said:
corluka? he is my favourite defender in FM. he is very tall. is he any good real life? looks like croatia has quite a number of bright talents
He is good, I remember BBC naming him main reason of England's 2-0 loss in Zagreb. But as I said he is not shadow of player he was in 2006. He doesn't seem to cope well with fame and attention.
We have some other talents that still have to prove themselves.

longrufus

Established Member
asajoseph said:
I'm expecting big things from Denilson this year - if he learns to cover the space behind him a little better, I wouldn't be surprised to him push the mighty Berty by the end of the year. And that's high praise indeed from me.

That kind of makes Vukojevic somewhat redundant though - especially as there's so far no sign of Song going anywhere...

Yea, i think this is a big year for Denilson to be honest. It'll be interesting to see if he has developed physically at all, the sooner he baulks up a bit, the sooner he'll play more regularly.

I actually think he covers behind him really well Asa, or at least has that natural awareness and reading of the game. The stand out example that sticks in my mind was against Sp**s in the CC game at WHL. Defoe had pulled wide, lost his man, and made a great run in behind, he tried to chip Almunia who saved it. But Denilson, spotted the danger and got back. As the ball dropped after the save he, forced Defoe to lose the ball. I remember thinking well done son, then in the replay realising it was Denilson i was impressed.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Thommybhoy said:
arsenal_hleb said:
He is good, I remember BBC naming him main reason of England's 2-0 loss in Zagreb. But as I said he is not shadow of player he was in 2006. He doesn't seem to cope well with fame and attention.
We have some other talents that still have to prove themselves.

Well he would be a small fish in a big pond if he comes here :D

Wasn't there another young defender heavily linked with us last year? someone that alotta big clubs were after? can't remember his name, he was from former Yugoslavia thou

dos1986

Established Member
Good player Modric..but if we are going for that type of player we might as well get someone that bit older,stronger and better like sneijder or vdv

Arsenal Quotes

I don’t look at the passport of people; I look at their quality and their attitude.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom