• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ognjen Vukojević

kooldawg

Established Member
GoonerGurjit said:
I can't see Dinamo selling Modric now that they have sold Eduardo.

They might have to, specially if they are booted out of the Champions league as someone already mentioned before. I'm not at all sure if the proposed transfer of modric to us will happen, but i for one wouldn't mind him on the left flank at all. Plus you can't discount his versatility and the fact that his wage demands will probably be less than Sneijder or VdV

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
cheaper, younger and less wages then Sneijder (whom I have been propagating for a while)

our squad looks alot better with him in it, Freddie might just leave tbh

Rosicky, Hleb, Theo, Modric for the wings, with RVP and some other youngsters if needed

nazo

Established Member
kooldawg said:
GoonerGurjit said:
I can't see Dinamo selling Modric now that they have sold Eduardo.

They might have to, specially if they are booted out of the Champions league as someone already mentioned before. I'm not at all sure if the proposed transfer of modric to us will happen, but i for one wouldn't mind him on the left flank at all. Plus you can't discount his versatility and the fact that his wage demands will probably be less than Sneijder or VdV

What's wrong with them and the cl?

As for Modric, he could come in as backup for a while and maybe even cement a place in the first team if he's that good. He's versatile and that's a good thing in our midfield.

Thommybhoy

Established Member
YeahBee said:
^^^riot when they played a qualifier in Austria
Not a qualifier, but a friendly game with Rapid Vienna. And Dinamo's BBB has some troubles also recently, so it's anybody's guess what will happen. It has been said that they will be banned for any UEFA competition for a month. AT that time they have to play 1round CL quals, so that's like beeing disqualified for a whole year.

asajoseph

Established Member
longrufus said:
asajoseph said:
I'm expecting big things from Denilson this year - if he learns to cover the space behind him a little better, I wouldn't be surprised to him push the mighty Berty by the end of the year. And that's high praise indeed from me.

That kind of makes Vukojevic somewhat redundant though - especially as there's so far no sign of Song going anywhere...

Yea, i think this is a big year for Denilson to be honest. It'll be interesting to see if he has developed physically at all, the sooner he baulks up a bit, the sooner he'll play more regularly.

I actually think he covers behind him really well Asa, or at least has that natural awareness and reading of the game. The stand out example that sticks in my mind was against Sp**s in the CC game at WHL. Defoe had pulled wide, lost his man, and made a great run in behind, he tried to chip Almunia who saved it. But Denilson, spotted the danger and got back. As the ball dropped after the save he, forced Defoe to lose the ball. I remember thinking well done son, then in the replay realising it was Denilson i was impressed.

It's not that I think he can't do it - just that he needs to do it with more consistency. I genuinely think he's got the potential to partner Cesc in the long-term, precisely because I think he does have the defensive potential to cover the area behind Cesc, as well as showing the energy to push forward if needed.

He doesn't have Berty's experience though, and if he's going to keep pushing forward (that's an area of his game I hope Wenger encourages, even if he ends up partnering Cesc), he needs to have a little more consistency - he's already unafraid to put his foot in, which I like, but I do remember him getting caught wandering a few times.

Thommybhoy

Established Member
Link in Croatian

Jutanji list said:
Modrić kreće Duduovim stopama?

Arsène Wenger je, čini se, zaljubljen u novi Dinamov naraštaj i ne namjerava se zaustaviti samo na kupnji Eduarda. Zdravko Mamić jučer je rekao da je odlazak Luke Modrića u Arsenal sljedeće zime "jedan kroz jedan" praktično gotov posao. Na popisu simpatija je i Ognjen Vukojević, ali on ne ispunjava uvjete za radnu dozvolu na Otoku (75 posto nastupa za nacionalnu momčad u posljednje dvije godine).
Part about Ognjen Vukojevic:
He is "apperenly" on Wengers possible-transfer list, but he can't have work permit for a while, he hasn't even been called for national team. And once again I serously doubt Wenger is interested in him, Croatia natuional team has at least 2 players on his positions that are better than him. But if he really is interested, there must be something in Vukojevic's abilities that went pass me.
Part about Luka Modric I translated in Luka Modric (not so a speculation anymore) speculation thread. :D

New on Corluka, Dinamo's RD, spuds are very keen to sign him. They have offered 5M Euros for him and Dinamo rejected that. His price would be just a little bit smaller than Dudu's. This move is very likely to heppen according to some reports.

Thommybhoy

Established Member
Vukojevic said this about beeing linked to Arsenal:
"For sure it is nice to hear that things. It is a big award that will give me more motivation for the future. I will offer even bigger games, so that even bigger clubs will want me."
I hope he was joking with this second sentence.

Arsenal Quotes

You weren’t world-class when Arsenal signed you

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom