• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ok So we lost the title but look at what we gained....

shariefoo

The title move to chelsea for the first time in 50 years.. Congratz to them, they deserve it but really i beleive that we are the true winners this season..

Look at what we gained this season and will carry to next season..

Young Gunners

Cesc: the 17-year old was supposed to play in up to 15 games this season according to Wenger but he ended playing more than half the games.. What a massive experiance he added with his already talented skills. There rarely is a 17-year old playing regularly for a club as big as Arsenal..

Flamini: I beleive the same applys for Flamini. He has shown that he is a very hard worker and takes his job seriosly. Again he was brought as a future player and a current back-up but he ended playing alot of games..

These two added real depth to our midfield. Now with Silva back we have 5 players which any team in England would wish to have one of them.

RVP: Our next Bergkamp. He is everything that Bergkamp was when he was 21. The heir to the legend. I think that the only reason Arsène wenger stuck with Bergkamp instead of buying a new player so that RVP would learn the trade from the master himself.

Clean-Sheet Sendoras: What a defender. He has physical presence in the defense and very good in covering. Its not easy to take Sol's Position and Cygan surely showed us how hard it is. But this kid not only took Sol's Position is also forced Sol to sit on the sub Bench. He still needs to work more on his runs and passes but this usually comes with experiance.

And also there are other young gunners that we will be looking for them next season. Quency, Lupoli (A Fantastic Fox in the Box), Larsson, Bently and other..

I would also add Reyes to the above list if he decided against moving next season. Reyes has Skills, Speed, Passing Accuracy, Tricks, Amazing left foot shots. He is a great prospect. And I predict that he will be remembered forever as a legend in the Arsenal Books if he stays and sorts his personal life out.

Players like the above make me very excited about next season..

All we need is to add a couple of players, mix them with the young gunners and add them to the current team and BOOM you have a winning formula..

Gunner4life09

sounds good . . . where do i sign? :)

thats what make next season so mouthwatering . . . assured that chelsea will make some big singings but i hope we make some too . . .

Canuck

Established Member
I'm not totally convinced that Chelski will go out and drop another 100mil. I don't think that Mourinho is that kind of manager, he'll grab a couple hot prospects and pay a ridiculous amount for them. But I don't expect another shopping spree...they did sign Jarosik in January, how many more players could they need really. A LB that's not Cole... :wink:

I really do like the team that Wenger has assembled, and once again we are seeing some real quality that has come for cut rates (Cesc, Flamini, RVP) If everything goes according to plan for Arsène and he finds these players (25-27) that he wants. :mrgreen:

I'm really looking forward to a much more competitive season next time when it comes to the title race.

Canuck

Established Member
I'm not totally convinced that Chelski will go out and drop another 100mil. I don't think that Mourinho is that kind of manager, he'll grab a couple hot prospects and pay a ridiculous amount for them. But I don't expect another shopping spree...they did sign Jarosik in January, how many more players could they need really. A LB that's not Cole... :wink:

I really do like the team that Wenger has assembled, and once again we are seeing some real quality that has come for cut rates (Cesc, Flamini, RVP) If everything goes according to plan for Arsène and he finds these players (25-27) that he wants. :mrgreen:

I'm really looking forward to a much more competitive season next time when it comes to the title race.

Canuck

Established Member

asajoseph

Established Member
If everything goes according to plan for Arsène and he finds these players (25-27) that he wants.

If this is the same Arsène Wenger we're talking about, you can bet your arse he's already found them. He's known he's had the money for a while, and there's no big tournaments in the summer - I don't think we'll have to wait long before Arsène's summer gets cracking.

AFCG7

Established Member
Chelsea may still buy more players.. the way i see it they wil get rid of Parker Geremi Drogba and Kezman.. that leaves room for a possible 4 players.

joe3428

you forgot to mention clichy... who played well before injuries... who looks like young A. Cole during his 1st year at the senior team...

Asterix

Established Member
Nice post shariefoo - we certainly have a lot to look forward to. The key will be whether the youngsters have the spirit and work ethic to maintain their good form over the next few years. They've had a taste - now they need to knuckle down and keep improving.

Who said there aren't any big tournaments in the summer? What about the Confederati....... what? oh right...

legandary

This season did bring a lot of positives, but i am a little dissapointed at the fact that edu is leaving, because with the ball at his feet he is arguably the most assured and safe player we have at the club.

Ideally next year we will sign a right sided player who can play on the wing and in centre midfield. This is important because we need cover for freddie, and some experience for the centre of the park if bert of paddy get injured.

I also think one more striker is needed, because when Henry is injured we do suffer a little, and even though we have great young strikers, a little experience up front would be good, especially with dennis getting on in years.

shariefoo

Yea i did forget to add Clichy's name.. He reminds of cole everytime her plays. He currently is in a phase were he attacks more than he defends just like what cole used to do..

I also agree that i doubt that Chelsea will make a major change next season. A couple of players here and there.. Spend and show the world that you have money and thats it. There will be no major change for them.

Also yes, most probably wenger already knows who he will sign, he most probably have a back-up plan in case the players he wants do not want to come to Arsenal. It is also a shame that Edu will leave us in the summer.. Such a quality he is and very assured of his game..

But my guess is we will be getting 2 or 3 over 25 well experiance players in the summer and a couple of youngsters...

Lets wait and see.

Arsenal Quotes

This is a big moment of happiness...we waited a long time for this and the happiness is linked sometimes with the suffering, and the time that you have to wait....this was more important than all the other (trophies) we have twice won the double, but were not under pressure then like we were today.

Arsène Wenger, on winning the 2014 FA Cup

Latest posts

Top Bottom