• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Oleksandr Zinchenko: C’est Zinny

Tell.

People I talk to said he can't defend but I've never seen him have to do it. Could be his late start to preseason though.

Told man on here that as an actual defensive LB he's not great. All the other parts when in possession are excellent though. People forget that the only defending City do is transition. 90% of the time they dominate the ball

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Looks like 3 of those successful Ayew dribbles came against Zinchenko, two of them were later in the game so you can’t discount fatigaue as a factor although we know he’s not the fastest in any case. I thought he was alright personally. Only really can remember that one time he was truly exposed in the second half.

A4B06BF1-F4F3-447B-98D1-0522EFB672C5.jpeg

Last edited:

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The 1v1 is too be expected, if you want a strong defender then Tierney will have to start.

Zinchenko is far more comfortable receiving though, KT often needs a couple of touches to get himself set.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

I said when we were first linked it’s likely different horses for different courses at LB when both fit.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
zinchenko is alot better when during pressing defence. He didnt have anoy problems during that time. When we stopped pressing as a team he he got found out defensively. Still young though, hopefully Tierney and him can learn from eachother

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He is so bad 1v1. Literally every wide player will destroy him. Very good on the ball though. He needs to play as an 8.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
He is so bad 1v1. Literally every wide player will destroy him. Very good on the ball though. He needs to play as an 8.
Needs to be a squad player. A fully fit Tierney is a weapon, and I think we need someone explosive and who can run at opponents for one of our 8 positions.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Needs to be a squad player. A fully fit Tierney is a weapon, and I think we need someone explosive and who can run at opponents for one of our 8 positions.

I'm not sure. I saw our main problem with the midfield as struggling to retain possession and play forward. I think Zinchenko gives you that.

Not all teams are like Palace though. I mean, no joke. They had 2 white players in their line up yesterday. A CB and a GK. It reminded me of when we did the same vs Leeds and blew them away. They had pace and power everywhere. A lot of teams will struggle with their physicality.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
You get more blood and guts and defensive aptitude out of KT.

Zinchenko has the technical and attacking advantage overall.

It's horses for courses over the season I think. There will be games that better suit KT and others Zinchenko.
It's good that we don't have to overly rely on KT playing every game with his injury issues too.

D

Deleted member 102404

Told man on here that as an actual defensive LB he's not great. All the other parts when in possession are excellent though. People forget that the only defending City do is transition. 90% of the time they dominate the ball
Agree.
I thought his defensive positioning was poor last night and he looked slow to recover.
Better when we have possession.
I think Tierney will start when fit, which is hardly ever unfortunately.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He not weak 1v1 guy was owning Ayew and giving zero space until Zinchenko got tired

Tell.

He not weak 1v1 guy was owning Ayew and giving zero space until Zinchenko got tired
He is weak, watch any City game against a top level side & the RW will target him 1v1. It doesn't really matter though as 1. we're a good side & we'll dominate most teams 2. what he brings to the team far outweighs his weakness when defending

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
I was impressed by last night. Also Tierney came on switched on and fire giving a short but decent cameo like he knows starting spot under threat.

Healthy competition between two quality LBS.

I am however eager to see Zinchenko play at CM for us.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He is weak, watch any City game against a top level side & the RW will target him 1v1. It doesn't really matter though as 1. we're a good side & we'll dominate most teams 2. what he brings to the team far outweighs his weakness when defending
Maybe in counters we could be in trouble if he left 1v1 but when we dominating possession he look good

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Tierney at LB and Zinchenko in the Xhaka position would make us better.

Not going to happen though.
Not going to often because Arsenal will very likely buy another midfielder, but not another LB.

Arsenal Quotes

Women kill for love and men kill because they hate to lose

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom