• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Olivier Giroud: Au Revoir Cher Ami

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sykes

Again, I don't know how to feel about him getting a new contract. If Wenger does renew, it means he wouldn't be going for a striker and now sees Alexis solely as one. If he's indeed going to try get a wide forward, what happens to Welbeck, Ox, Theo, Iwobi, Perez?? Unless Welbeck or the Ox is leaving next summer, I don't see the logic behind this. Our Frontline is not good enough...we need one more elite player ala Reus and Griezmann and most importantly, A GOALSCORER. Alexis and Giroud have done nothing to show us they can get more than 20 in the league...this is a problem.

N

NotAUserName

Again, I don't know how to feel about him getting a new contract. If Wenger does renew, it means he wouldn't be going for a striker and now sees Alexis solely as one. If he's indeed going to try get a wide forward, what happens to Welbeck, Ox, Theo, Iwobi, Perez?? Unless Welbeck or the Ox is leaving next summer, I don't see the logic behind this. Our Frontline is not good enough...we need one more elite player ala Reus and Griezmann and most importantly, A GOALSCORER. Alexis and Giroud have done nothing to show us they can get more than 20 in the league...this is a problem.
I find it funny that you're more concerned about what happens to the likes of Welbeck, Ox, Theo etc than Giroud. Giroud, whether people like him or not, is more consistent than those guys and guarantees you at least 15 - 20 goals a season. At worst, he is a very good back-up striker and getting him to sign a new contract is a good deal. Wenger is also an opportunist. He can't just decide to buy a certain striker/wide player in the transfer window (getting rid of what we currently have in the process). If we are able to find a striker in the summer, Giroud becomes back-up; if we do get a wide player, Sanchez/Giroud will be our striker.

Alexis already has 13 goals this season and will definitely get 20 even if he plays on the wing for the rest of the season. He is also capable of getting 30 with more reliable service from our wide players.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
You mean what we've been trying to do for the past 3/4 seasons?
Doesn't seem like we have tbh as we have bought no striker at all to try and replace him. But you saying we can't replace him is something i do not agree with, he is not irreplaceable for me.

blaise

We need to change the system a bit, we have too many attackers who arent really wingers, I mean when you have one great winger, it is easier to balance the other, but we often play two winger who are in best case average because most of them arent really wingers, then our 2 midfield men who are also more and more average.

But Giroud really became super-sub, plus our other bench players can learn something now.

Basically for Giroud to fluorish you need really good wingers, our current system is unbalanced, well you can see Wenger is trying to make adjustments all the time. I hope he sticks with Iwobi as a 10 or 3d midfielder, or we bring in Payet, depending of Santi injury.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Doesn't seem like we have tbh as we have bought no striker at all to try and replace him. But you saying we can't replace him is something i do not agree with, he is not irreplaceable for me.

Where did I say is irreplaceable? To let him leave when he's still scoring big goals would be stupid. Especially if we aren't exactly upgrading the position.

Should be keeping Giroud and upgrading either the CF or WF.

Mertesacker, Cazorla, Giroud all getting new contracts... You would have thought about when club is as stale as ours we needed to try something new...

I actually can just so slightly understand Giroud getting new contract if we are going to move him as a backup.

But all three getting new contract. The other two, hardly played this year. Mertesacker unmotivated since World Cup, old and slow. Cazorla with no clear position on the field where he can contribute to title winning team and injury prone. Laughable.

Nyctophobia

Established Member
I think it's much better to have him around up until the time when we find a new striker rather than create another problem for ourselves.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Anyway, I'm 100% behind this new contract for Giroud, I feel like he has a couple more years left in him. He has been ridiculously good with the contributions this season, he's been injured for a while as well. I haven't forgotten how bad he was last season from around the Liverpool away game untill the last weeks of the season. That's on Wenger as well, he needs to understand that you can't milk Giroud untill he's empty, he needs to manage him, not run him into the ground. Now in the tough winter fixtures, you need a Giroud, who can break games open when the legs are tired. I'm confident we'll go back to Alexis as our striker soon.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Where did I say is irreplaceable? To let him leave when he's still scoring big goals would be stupid. Especially if we aren't exactly upgrading the position.

Should be keeping Giroud and upgrading either the CF or WF.
You didn't do it outright but to say you need two strikers to replace one made me think that was what you meant, how else would i interpret that sentence?

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
You didn't do it outright but to say you need two strikers to replace one made me think that was what you meant, how else would i interpret that sentence?

We already need another striker be it someone that plays wide or in the centre. If Giroud left we'd then need another.

Santi's Left Foot

No Longer Sleeping in Theo's bed
Mertesacker, Cazorla, Giroud all getting new contracts... You would have thought about when club is as stale as ours we needed to try something new...

I actually can just so slightly understand Giroud getting new contract if we are going to move him as a backup.

But all three getting new contract. The other two, hardly played this year. Mertesacker unmotivated since World Cup, old and slow. Cazorla with no clear position on the field where he can contribute to title winning team and injury prone. Laughable.

Eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrived, an Arsenal share was worth £800; it subsequently rose continuously in value and by the time I left it stood at £17,000.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, June 1

Arsenal are pushing to sign Benjamin Šeško, but no final decision has been made yet [Sky Germany]

RB Leipzig want to give Šeško a new contract to remove his release clause, with Arsenal/Chelsea/Manchester United all interested [Sky Germany]

AC Milan have made signing defender Jakun Kiwior their priority this summer [Santi Aouna - FootMercato]

Arsenal enquire about £17m-rated Barcelona defender Mikayil Faye [MailSport]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom