• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Olivier Giroud (Out) | Done Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

blaise

hopefully West ham wraps up this soon, Giroud wouldnt talk to them unless Wenger told him he is bringing someone

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Facts dont lie

We finished 5th last season

John terry was still a virgin when we won the league

Giroud saved us from what last season? He in fact probably screwed us over as europa will cripple a title bid. Mid table and no europa we couldve done a chelsea.

You can ping giroud facts at me all day but none of them = the epl title

How would he have known that we were going to finish in a Europa League spot? :lol:

We can go by the same logic for Özil and Sanchez. So, should we get rid of them?

I'm not Giroud's biggest fan, however I think he's a brilliant super sub. The funny thing is people are defending Welbeck but not Giroud even though Giroud should be ahead of him for a place on the bench.

You're probably the type of fan that spouts so much rubbish about Giroud but when he comes off the bench and literally saves us against Man Utd with his first chance, you jump in joy.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Facts dont lie

We finished 5th last season

John terry was still a virgin when we won the league

Giroud saved us from what last season? He in fact probably screwed us over as europa will cripple a title bid. Mid table and no europa we couldve done a chelsea.

You can ping giroud facts at me all day but none of them = the epl title

Yes, Giroud was the only reason we finished 5th :rolleyes:

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Giroud to West Ham is fake news.

Wenger wanting Giroud to leave is also fake news.

Giroud considering his options is possibly true, but it's still most likely guesswork because we're being linked to other strikers so it's easy for the media to put out articles about stuff like that. They know a lot of fans will see it as believable and those who don't rate Giroud highly will always be more willing to believe those type of stories.

OSBK

Established Member
How would he have known that we were going to finish in a Europa League spot? :lol:

We can go by the same logic for Özil and Sanchez. So, should we get rid of them?

I'm not Giroud's biggest fan, however I think he's a brilliant super sub. The funny thing is people are defending Welbeck but not Giroud even though Giroud should be ahead of him for a place on the bench.

You're probably the type of fan that spouts so much rubbish about Giroud but when he comes off the bench and literally saves us against Man Utd with his first chance, you jump in joy.

I am the type of fan who remembers the glory days and is sad that we have to rely on someone like giroud to bail us out against a average man utd.

Its down to ambitition, if you want good backups then great.

I want winners

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I am the type of fan who remembers the glory days and is sad that we have to rely on someone like giroud to bail us out against a average man utd.

Its down to ambitition, if you want good backups then great.

I want winners

Well, as I mentioned a team like us needs a super sub or someone to make an impact off the bench especially since we're competing on Thursdays and Sunday's now. We need freshness in the squad as I want to win the PL & the Europa League.

Look at the Utd team that was very successful and won the treble in 99. They had Andy Cole & Dwight Yorke, they also had super subs like Solskjaer and Teddy Sheringham if games were tight and needed a different approach. The same with Man City when they won the title, for all the brilliance of Sergio Aguero during that period. Edin Dzeko was winning games for them aswell when he came off the bench.

People can hate as much as they want on Giroud but you can't deny that he's better than any striking option we have on our bench including Welbeck.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Has anyone thought about this properly.

I honestly think the club would put these Giroud stories out purely because if we don't get a new striker they can say 'we warded off interest for Giroud he will now be our number 1'

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Has anyone thought about this properly.

I honestly think the club would put these Giroud stories out purely because if we don't get a new striker they can say 'we warded off interest for Giroud he will now be our number 1'

Worse than the season ticket renewal conspiracy.

OSBK

Established Member
Well, as I mentioned a team like us needs a super sub or someone to make an impact off the bench especially since we're competing on Thursdays and Sunday's now. We need freshness in the squad as I want to win the PL & the Europa League.

Look at the Utd team that was very successful and won the treble in 99. They had Andy Cole & Dwight Yorke, they also had super subs like Solskjaer and Teddy Sheringham if games were tight and needed a different approach. The same with Man City when they won the title, for all the brilliance of Sergio Aguero during that period. Edin Dzeko was winning games for them aswell when he came off the bench.

People can hate as much as they want on Giroud but you can't deny that he's better than any striking option we have on our bench including Welbeck.

No doubt he is a better sub than welbeck. And I have no doubt you are as ambitious as me in what I want the team to win.

but you cannot compare york/cole/teddy/soj in anyway to giroud as a impact sub. The difference is class between giroud and any of those forwards is staggering. Any of those man utd fowards would have been first choice striker at any club. Cole and york were so good and they had to be every week as the 2 other united forwards were pushing them for places. Dzeko was class in that period foran city and was not just a impact sub, when sergio was injured he came in and provided class against all opposition.

I get your point but as much as you say giroud is a great sub but the reality is with him and welbeck we are not moving forward. Giroud would not make the bench on any of the top 4( yeah arsenal are not a top 4 side). Have a look around all the top european sides and see if the have a good backup or elite strikers competing for places.

Say we do keep giroud and our first choice striker gets injured are you pinning your hopes on giroud to carry us to a title?

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

No doubt he is a better sub than welbeck. And I have no doubt you are as ambitious as me in what I want the team to win.

but you cannot compare york/cole/teddy/soj in anyway to giroud as a impact sub. The difference is class between giroud and any of those forwards is staggering. Any of those man utd fowards would have been first choice striker at any club. Cole and york were so good and they had to be every week as the 2 other united forwards were pushing them for places. Dzeko was class in that period foran city and was not just a impact sub, when sergio was injured he came in and provided class against all opposition.

I get your point but as much as you say giroud is a great sub but the reality is with him and welbeck we are not moving forward. Giroud would not make the bench on any of the top 4( yeah arsenal are not a top 4 side). Have a look around all the top european sides and see if the have a good backup or elite strikers competing for places.

Say we do keep giroud and our first choice striker gets injured are you pinning your hopes on giroud to carry us to a title?

Yes, I think Giroud could do a job. It's not like we're playing Chelsea, Sp**s, Liverpool etc every week. Giroud is capable to score against the lesser teams like he's been doing over the years.

Also, who was comparing him to those Man Utd strikers, I just said he's a useful option to have off the bench like those strikers I mentioned at the time were aswell.

As much as people can hate on Giroud, look at his goal over his best 5 year period:

DCjmzKAXYAEGwyo

His minutes per game ratio last season was awesome too:

image.jpg

Giroud wouldn't make the bench at Chelsea :lol: Who's the better striker Giroud or Batshit at Chelsea? Giroud came on in the cup final and straight away gave a brilliant assist to Ramsey for the winner. Also, Vincent Janssen or Giroud? :lol:

The hate Giroud gets is unreal, loads of sour fans. If we get Mbappe or Lacazette, why get rid of Giroud when he'd be our second best striker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I am immensely proud to say that I am the manager who has won the most FA Cups, and MY Arsenal are the club to lift it the most.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom