• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Olivier Giroud (Out) | Done Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

GOONER1991

Established Member
The only reason I would sell Giroud is because Wenger simply can't resist shoehorning him into the team after he scores a few goals off the bench. It happens absolutely every season and tends to coincide with our meltdowns.

Would definitely keep him as an option, but don't trust Wenger to control himself.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

All that table shows is that there's 15 better goal scorers in the world than Giroud.

Not a bad option to have off the bench. I don't see Welbeck, Batshit or Janssen on there.

I think if we signed Mbappe, Wenger would keep Giroud on the bench and give him the Europa League games. The only reason Wenger gave him games last season is because we didnt have any other options beside him & Welbeck.

OSBK

Established Member
Yes, I think Giroud could do a job. It's not like we're playing Chelsea, Sp**s, Liverpool etc every week. Giroud is capable to score against the lesser teams like he's been doing over the years.

Also, who was comparing him to those Man Utd strikers, I just said he's a useful option to have off the bench like those strikers I mentioned at the time were aswell.

As much as people can hate on Giroud, look at his goal over his best 5 year period:

DCjmzKAXYAEGwyo

His minutes per game ratio last season was awesome too:

image.jpg

Giroud wouldn't make the bench at Chelsea :lol: Who's the better striker Giroud or Batshit at Chelsea? Giroud came on in the cup final and straight away gave a brilliant assist to Ramsey for the winner. Also, Vincent Janssen or Giroud? :lol:

The hate Giroud gets is unreal, loads of sour fans. If we get Mbappe or Lacazette, why get rid of Giroud when he'd be our second best striker.

Going round in circles haha, its not hate so lets put that to bed.

IMO we need 2 elite forwards into the club to win the league. Giroud and welbz need to go for us to match the likes of bayern,juve,real. If you dont agree then fine, your stats you keep posting for the last 4 years where we have not COMPETED for the league mean nothing. Kevin philips was a great goal scorer but he aint a guy who will win you the league, imo giroud is that level. Having great stats is one thing, having a epl trophy is another and batshit at chelsea has one.

I hope you prove me wrong but I think you know there is a high probability that if he stays and changes are not made we wont win the league.

Last edited:

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Think if he does go it will be because he wants to start before the World Cup. Wenger won't deprive him of that.

blaze_of_glory

Everton... Lyon... West Ham...

No Real or Barca wanting to sign the best goal per minute striker in Europe?
They know he would cause a lot of tension in the ranks. Some big egos there who won't stand being upstaged. Both in terms of play and of course looks. Imagine Ronaldo reduced to looking like Ribery when Giroud stands over him in the pregame lineup, he'd throw a tantrum.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
They know he would cause a lot of tension in the ranks. Some big egos there who won't stand being upstaged. Both in terms of play and of course looks. Imagine Ronaldo reduced to looking like Ribery when Giroud stands over him in the pregame lineup, he'd throw a tantrum.
My sources report the tax stuff wasn't the real reason behind the discontent and why Ronaldo wanted to leave. Apparently Mendes informed Cristiano that Perez put plans in motion to get the real French superstar strikers in Mbappe and the mighty Giroud. The mighty, beautiful, handsome and sexy Olivier Giroud instead of Cristiano's little ***** Benzema.

Jealousy and insecurity is a disease.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
If we can't have both Giroud and Lacazette because of their NT rivalry then I would rather go for someone else (Aubameyang?). We need to add to our CF options, not replace them.

GOONER1991

Established Member
Keeping Giroud as a back-up makes all the sense in the world, until you see him squirm his way into the starting XI come January and derail our season for the 6th time.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
He has only been managed to get into the team frequently because he had rubbish competition all these years. If we get an expensive striker and he performs, I don't doubt that Wenger will bench Giroud as he has done already last season. It's not easy to find a quality player who accepts being in and out of the team, so it's important to keep Giroud around but get better competition so he is not the only legit option we have.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

As a sub, Giroud > Wele but as a starter Wele > Giroud.

It only took big Weng three years. With Lacazette and maybe one more coming in, Giroud isn't get many games, starts anyway.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
He might be a good plan B but when your plan A's good enough like at city, Chelsea etc then why do we need a plan B?! Plan B shouldn't be slogging it into the box anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have always been the club of the people, the streets. Arsenal was one of the first clubs to really have black players, so it did represent the mass of the UK and how London is. I hope people at the club know that and who are they playing for.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom