• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Opinions on Reyes for the Wolves game

AFCG7

Established Member
Reyes looke ordinary to be honest.. but he will soon learn that defenders in the EPL dont giva ya any time at all .. he will get pushed , shoved and knocked of the ball if he takes his time.

A.Hussain

get lost rock. u wouldnt know a potential talent if it slapped u in the face. reyes needs a little more time. every critic has labeled reyes as a big future star. he has already proven his talents in the la liga. it will take him a little time to adjust to the epl. thats all

goonerlove

This is a silly conversation really...

What can be criticized about this move in comparison to ManUre is:

- they got someone who is scoring buckets of goals in the EPL and has a lot of experience
- we got someone for the future who probably won't help us with the EPL this year

But you could just as easily say that ManUre got another goal-scorer when they have lots of scoring threats and did NOT get a defender to cover Rio who is gone for the rest of the season - they have let in 5 goals in the last 2 games against not exactly the strongest opposition.

The fact is, Saha is a better pick-up for THIS year. Will Reyes be the better long-term purchase? We don't know yet and we won't know until some time next year or beyond.

But judging Reyes based on the limited action he has had so far is just silly. Anyone who has played football knows that it takes time to adjust to a new team and a new league and anyone who has moved out of their home country knows that it takes time to adjust to all the life changes it implies (for Christ's sake - the boy is 20). I would even add that Arsenal are probably not the easiest side to adjust to... its all about precision passing, movement, and knowing where people are and where they are going.

Give Reyes time. If he doesn't work out, then we better hope that Ali and/or Bentley can shine at some point. At this point, I would put my money on Reyes being just fine.

Goonerlove

Kyla

Adam said:
"Clearly" - I didn't know you had a crystal ball. :wink:

Lol. I'm just working with the assumption that like all our other big time players- TH and RP esp- Reyes will be a slow burner. He hasn't done much so far which is understandable. I can't see him making any impact this season. I just hope he fulfils expectations next year!

A

Anonymous

for 17 million. i expect him to shine now, not in th efuture

if that is the case , we have a stupid manager

IMO, I think its a waste, especially he being spanish who cannot perform outside spain for their life

Kyla

therock said:

IMO, I think its a waste, especially he being spanish who cannot perform outside spain for their life

Ouch! Let the backlash begin.......

JGooner

Two games, guys. It has been two games. Can we at least wait for 7 or 8 games before judging Reyes? He was only partly bought to solve the striker crisis. The main reason was that he is a great talent who will develop into possibly the best player in the world over the next few seasons. He is a long term investment, not a stop gap. Within a few weeks, he will begin adjusting to the pace and physicality of the English game and start doing damage. Then, next season, he will be fully comfortable and rip the Prem to shreds. It will happen. Just try and wait longer than 2 games.

Jesus Christ. 2 games.

Senght

we shouldn't judge a new buy wif 2 sub appearances and a full 90 mins when the opposing players hack you down with a blind ref breathing your neck.

Taozhe

Ruud its these kind of ppl that are the mindless gits in this forum, even more mindless that you Ruud. We normally dun take them seriously. heh heh *rubs palm*

The rock.. you had been warned :)

Soler

Established Member
therock said:

The man is TWENTY. Give him a break. He's a buy for the future, and will need time to adjust from the different style of play in Spain to England. ALL foreign players tend to go through an adjustment stage - especially one so young.

therock said:

If you're being serious, you need to be sent to a mental home.

Feis-al

And I would try to sum it by saying we even have a Crap fan(therock). How aboutlets also see how he fares in the Champs League where the game isn't physical Mr so called therock. Me I'll wait till next season and during the beginning have of that season and this season I expect not much. Jeffers was to hyped because he's English and the wanting of English talent in the team. Even Bentley will do better, Just trust Wenger

Taozhe

Therock clearly has the mental capabilities of an idiot. heh heh .. I am not even sure if he's an arsenal fan :)

Trying to come into a rival forum and trying to cause trouble wont get u far :)

Perhaps you should invest your time in something more suited to your calibre... like poo watching ;D

orion

I though he did all right and had a few good moments when he came on, but you have to give Wolves a lot of credit, they did a good job in defending and never gave much space which caused a lot of miss passes in midfield, even when we scored the third they did not let their heads down, but kept running. I'm no longer suprised they had not lost at home earlier this season. Even if Reyes was not evolved directly with the goals we did seem gain more momentum in our attack after his introduction.

This guy will be something very special in the future and those that now give him the slag will be made to eat their words. We've also cut a good deal with Seville with making payments in installments so he is more like a 7 million purchace at the time being and I have no doubts he will be worth every single penny we are going to pay for him in the future.

A

Anonymous

can the moderators just ban therock please? he knows nuts about football, is ridiculously abusive against the best manager in the league and he is stinking up the place. most likely a troll

orion

Terrible Tony said:
can the moderators just ban therock please? he knows nuts about football, is ridiculously abusive against the best manager in the league and he is stinking up the place. most likely a troll

Never mind, as a troll he's quite useless as his sentiments are simply laughable. The only problem is his precence on the board lowers the average I.Q, but I think we can all survive with that. :)

Sammer

Established Member
Yeah, we should be capable of handling "therock".

Hey, we managed to deal with "Pires7"....handling a 14 year-old like "therock" is a piece of cake, right? ;D

n_henry

Okay...who here really expected Reyes to be a 'hit' right away?

I know I didn't. ;)

He hasn't been bad (far from it), but from the few chances he's been given, he's looked perhaps average at best.

I'll take that from the new boy who's only been in this totally different world (both on and off the pitch) for about a week.

:)

Arsenal Quotes

I am not scared to spend money. If you go out with me one night, you will understand that.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom