• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Óscar Ustari

http://www.bolddk.com/nyt/?vis=60903

It states that both Arsenal and Barcelona are interested in Independiente's 20-year-old goalkeeper Oscar Ustari!

He was a part of the Argentine U20 outfit which won the world cup in Holland, and that he also was a part of Pekermans squad for the world cup in Germany!

He is supposed to be 1, 84 cm tall, has good reflexes and is very agile. Other than that he is skilled when faced with penalties or man-on-man(?) situations!

The story originates from an article in AS, where Independiente confirms that both Arsenal and Barcelona are interested!

In the end, it states that it's expected, that he will sign for Barcelona in January, but hey... A link is a link!

I have to admit, that I haven't seen one bit of this guy! Does anyone know more about him, and do you think that he would be good buy?

If you consider his age and the fact that he was chosen for the World Cup, you could be led to believe, that the boss possibly considers him a permanent replacement for Lehmann, once he decides to leave!

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
pg1989 said:
Sounds promising, especially if Barca are in for him too.

yeah with the great history Barca have with goalies?(; Too me it is very suprising that they can be one of the best teams in the world with a keeper like Valdez! Rustu failed with them aswel and what was his name the German one?

Nutsy

Established Member
peterespersen said:
http://www.bolddk.com/nyt/?vis=60903

It states that both Arsenal and Barcelona are interested in Independiente's 20-year-old goalkeeper Oscar Ustari!

He was a part of the Argentine U20 outfit which won the world cup in Holland, and that he also was a part of Pekermans squad for the world cup in Germany!

He is supposed to be 1, 84 cm tall, has good reflexes and is very agile. Other than that he is skilled when faced with penalties or man-on-man(?) situations!

The story originates from an article in AS, where Independiente confirms that both Arsenal and Barcelona are interested!

In the end, it states that it's expected, that he will sign for Barcelona in January, but hey... A link is a link!

I have to admit, that I haven't seen one bit of this guy! Does anyone know more about him, and do you think that he would be good buy?

If you consider his age and the fact that he was chosen for the World Cup, you could be led to believe, that the boss possibly considers him a permanent replacement for Lehmann, once he decides to leave!

Well, there's no denying that he is good if AW & Rijkaard hunting for him, but how good is Lehmann?i think we all can confirm that. I don't know anything bout this guy, but now i am intrigued to see how good this guy is. in my opinion, Barca is strong in the line of defences which is why they have a lot of clean sheets. but hey that's just me. but i think AW will be looking for an older more experienced goalie. :)

Nutsy

Established Member
Henry_Pires said:
I think, we should bring in Buffon next season, if Lehman retire or goes back to German.

Yeah well, You do know that Buffon's the most expensive goalie? Arsenal was intrested in him during the summer transfer Window; but he prefers to stay in Turin - which might be the same for next season, AW surely have his plan when his no.1 goalie decides to retire.

Jaz.14

I hope Juve dont get promoted, if they don't they'l be in the lower division for another season, and at least two seasons without champions league, so for buffon aint the youngest and if he is a proper professional he probably will want to move. Whether that be Arsenal i don't know..But dont Juve still owe Arsenal money? quite a bit of it? and with extra revenue we could perhaps afford his wages - seems unlikely & not the Wenger way; but you just never know...

Nutsy

Established Member
Jaz.14 said:
I hope Juve dont get promoted, if they don't they'l be in the lower division for another season, and at least two seasons without champions league, so for buffon aint the youngest and if he is a proper professional he probably will want to move. Whether that be Arsenal i don't know..But dont Juve still owe Arsenal money? quite a bit of it? and with extra revenue we could perhaps afford his wages - seems unlikely & not the Wenger way; but you just never know...

I'm no fan of Juve, but i doubt they'll stay in serie B next season, even though they've lost a hell lot of their best players. However, this is just something i've heard, so, it's a hot & cold rumour; that if anycase that Buffon leaves the club, they [the Juve fans] will shoot him. how Cannavaro & the rest still left I don't know. Threathened, Buffon Stays. Even though Arsenal has linked up for him.

tifa

Young GK ? no way. I think if we want to win champions , we need an experienced keeper rather than a 20 year old kid. How many are there in this world can be famous like casillas and buffon during their teenager age? i doubt that.

For past many years , Arsenal have tried to let some younger keeper to be 1st choice but sad to say and we have to admit, none of them has consistent form. Richard Wright , Almunia , Taylor are the best examples.

If we buy oscar , i suggest we let him train for few years until the age of 23-24. Unless he is REALLY REALLY REALLY talented and consistent , if not i think we better use some other elder keeper. Besides , i think AW will not so easily let a youngster to be the 1st choice keeper of Arsenal. He doesn't have the brace. He can let Djourou and Senderos to be the 1st choice CB , Fabregas to be the 1st choice CM , but i really doubt he will let the youngster to be our 1st choice keeper....

Sometimes , we football fans very easily cheated by the media .... Anyhow, we still havent confirmed Arsenal will buy Oscar~~

Soler

Established Member
Henry_Pires said:
I think, we should bring in Buffon next season, if Lehman retire or goes back to German.

The problem is when Buffon as available to be bought we didn't need him. In all likelihood Juventus will still come up this season despite their points deduction, and there isn't a chance in hell they'd part with Buffon once they're back in Serie A.

If only we could've bought Buffon and loaned him back to Juventus for the season and bring him in when Jens leaves, or something. That would've been sweet.

tifa said:
Young GK ? no way. I think if we want to win champions , we need an experienced keeper rather than a 20 year old kid. How many are there in this world can be famous like casillas and buffon during their teenager age? i doubt that.

For past many years , Arsenal have tried to let some younger keeper to be 1st choice but sad to say and we have to admit, none of them has consistent form. Richard Wright , Almunia , Taylor are the best examples.

If we buy oscar , i suggest we let him train for few years until the age of 23-24. Unless he is REALLY REALLY REALLY talented and consistent , if not i think we better use some other elder keeper. Besides , i think AW will not so easily let a youngster to be the 1st choice keeper of Arsenal. He doesn't have the brace. He can let Djourou and Senderos to be the 1st choice CB , Fabregas to be the 1st choice CM , but i really doubt he will let the youngster to be our 1st choice keeper....

Sometimes , we football fans very easily cheated by the media .... Anyhow, we still havent confirmed Arsenal will buy Oscar~~

no ur wrong about him being too young he is brilliant i watched him on youtube and he is argentina's casillas great dive reflexes and reaction

he would be the perfect replacement for jens next summer cum on wenger snap him up

liridon

tifa said:

u are mistaken because i also thought that FABREGAS (he start playıng for arsenal since the age of 17)a very young player will just spoil our team but i regret. I dont think that the age has a big role now the world is changing and people start playing football since the age of 3.
i think that a young talented goalkeeper is better then spending 30milion dollar for Buffon and he will soon retire.

Linson

tifa said:

If your good enough, your old enough.

Arsenal Quotes

A fan and a supporter behaves in different ways and what we have experienced in the last two games is pretty unique and is related to our history

Mikel Arteta

Latest posts

Top Bottom