• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Our current expectations

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Mini

Should we raise our expectaions for this years honours, we were thriving in the League (but currently hit a rough patch), our youths and reserves have found their feet and are playing like big teams, our FA Cup draw could've been worse (definatly) and our Champions' League campaign is quite intriguing and most are hopeful. So should we raise our expectations, and if so then should buy to improve the squad?

XxGoonaStuxX

Eversince beating Milan and now drawing Celta De Vigo today I and many other fans really do belive Champions League honours are not so "far" from what we think.
Hopefully we will beat Celta and be in the quarters. Then who knows.

I feel that the Premier Leaue and Champions League should be our main aims with the FA Cup.

lewdikris

Established Member
Ok.

Realistic (pessimistic) Expectations:

Champions League Quarter Finals. Carling Cup Semi Finals. Top Three in the Premiership.

Because in all three who knows what'll happen? Should beat Celta, but could then draw Juventus, which could be VERY BAD. Should beat West Brom, but could then pit our kids against Chelsea's 60million reserves. Which could be VERY BAD. Could lose out to Chelsea and Man U in the tightest finish in years.

Actual Expectations:

Win the league. Semi finals of the Champions league. Kids go to the final in the Carling Cup .... and draw Chelsea. Wenger plays most of the kids v Chelsea ... and they lose. FA Cup? **** knows, too difficult to say.

Great Expectations (ho ho):

First Quadruple in history. Not gunner happen, but we don't need to stop dreaming yet!

thegame24

Established Member
The Mini said:
Our first expectaions were quite low

only to stupid media and dumb football fans.

i meansome people were questioning whether we wil make CL!!

i predicted we will win cl and im still hopin :D

Andrew

I predicted that after our double season that we would win the Champions League. I have no doubt we have the quality to win it this season. It is a tough ask though, but I think we have as good a chance than any.

Top 3 in the league at the moment. Someone's going to win it, but it is very difficult to predict at the moment. We expect to win it, as do Man Utd and Chelsea. Only one team can win it and I hope it's us.

But I don't think we should buy to reach our expectations. My expectations are based on the current squad and it is quality. Some might say we need to introduce heading to our game, but I don't think that's in Wenger's plans. He said in a recent interview (as did Henry) that they play the ball along the ground because that's the style.

Robin

I expect that our team will win in every competition in this year. I really want to see our team get the Champion league trophy.

SydneyGunnerFan

well my expectations on the team is to make it to the semis in the champions league to win the F.A cup and to come in the top three again in the premier league

n_henry

Honestly, my expectations haven't changed that much since the start of the season - I thought we'd only win PL and FA Cup (though right now, the EPL is as tight as ever)..and that hasn't really changed.

CL...? Still dunno. Nah, I'm not expecting anything from CL. ;)

Mark

Established Member
i know we CAN win the CL, but i don't think we will. quarter finals or semis would be good because we'd get a lot of money to improve the squad for next season. i do expect us to win the league and maybe the FA Cup would be nice too.

Alexone234

my expectations are the same every year, but they never come true:

1. Fergusson sacked from United in sex and alcohol scandal shame
2. Ruud Van Nistleroij injured in stud farm mating accident, United ace to have limp for 2 weeks
3. Houllier arrested in mass hypnotism incident, 32,000 found sleeping at Anfield
4. Mayor Ken Livingstone grants "key to the city" to Wenger plus £100m grant for new stadium
5. Real Madrid offer £40m for Stefanovs
6. Scots call time on International football

Superdudes

just give me the premier league.. champions league.. and the fa cup.. for the carling cup, give that to the likes of man u, liverpool or even the moneybags>>> chelski..
P.S i ddn't ask for much do i? :p

leongsh

The dream is the quadruple, i.e. UEFA Champions League Champions, English Premier League Champions, FA Cup Winners, League Cup Winners, in one season.

Can Arsenal do it?

Arsenal are still in the running for all 4 this season ;)

Superdudes

i'm not so greedy.. and being the most realistic.. and also optimistic.. we'll get the 3 cups as mention above by me..

The Mini

leongsh said:
The dream is the quadruple, i.e. UEFA Champions League Champions, English Premier League Champions, FA Cup Winners, League Cup Winners, in one season.

Can Arsenal do it?

Arsenal are still in the running for all 4 this season ;)

It's possibly, our squad has grown and the youths are smashing everyone else, FA Cup we cant predict as the 3rd Round hasn't been played yet, The CL is coming into range and the League has seemed ours for a while now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

"Surely what will be their last attack.

A good ball by Dixon, finding Smith for Thomas, charging through the midfield... It's up for grabs now! Thomas! Right at the end!

What an unbelievable climax to the League season"

Brian Moore on the Thomas' winning goal at Anfield in 1989
Top Bottom