• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Papa Bouba Diop

GoonerDK

Papa Bouba Diop - I like...

Now that Bap has decided to join Real instead, my attention has turned towards Papa Bouba.
An enormous figure who would be able to make his presence felt, in every sence of the phrase...
He is skillfull and distributes well. He has a killer shot, which he proved against the biggest wan*s of all time - manure!

He played 29 games, scored 6 goals (one against manure and one against chelski - Wicked), had 46 shots at goal (30% on target - could improve), made 1173 passes (A whopping 76% successfull), made 116 tackles (64% successfull - I guess thats acceptable), made 108 dribbles (59% successfull - Impressive for a DM), won 87 fouls and comitted 58...

Oh yeah and he received the marching order twice and 9 yellow cards (does anyone see a new relatively young (26) Vieira in the makings ) :?:

PS: Bear in mind that he will be able to kick the living s*it out of the likes of ol' keano and lampardski :p

Ratinho

Established Member
Dean Ashton at least showed he might have it in the future. I've never seen more than sporadic decent performances from Diop, and he's also well into his career now without ever really stepping up to show he's got the potential to be class. What is he? 27?

14teranga

Ratinho said:
Dean Ashton at least showed he might have it in the future. I've never seen more than sporadic decent performances from Diop, and he's also well into his career now without ever really stepping up to show he's got the potential to be class. What is he? 27?

Diop, I think has shown he can make it in the big stage a lot of times. This guy is a natural, just watch him in a big game and see how easy he is taking it and still doing well. Watch again fulham-mancs or fulham-chelsea or even the first half against us on the away game he won some good duals against the mighty PV4 and see how confortable he is with the ball, passing it or making small dribbles to find out a pass to team-mates and his shot on target and heading power...pffffff.
His first game for Senegal I remember was in 2000 after Senegal qualify for the quarter finals before their last group game, the coach suffled the team and he came in against Tunisia it was. He was so brillant and when the journalists asked him about his performance he replied"c'mon that was nothing I was taking it easy you haven't seen anything from me yet". I liked him since then. The only problem with him is to get enough stamina for his big sized body; at least last year I have seen him trying to rest in games time to time. If Le Professeur gets him makes him really fit you guys will agree with me that he is SOMETHING.

Shadow Moses

Established Member
14teranga said:
Ratinho said:

Diop, I think has shown he can make it in the big stage a lot of times. This guy is a natural, just watch him in a big game and see how easy he is taking it and still doing well. Watch again fulham-mancs or fulham-chelsea or even the first half against us on the away game he won some good duals against the mighty PV4 and see how confortable he is with the ball, passing it or making small dribbles to find out a pass to team-mates and his shot on target and heading power...pffffff.
His first game for Senegal I remember was in 2000 after Senegal qualify for the quarter finals before their last group game, the coach suffled the team and he came in against Tunisia it was. He was so brillant and when the journalists asked him about his performance he replied"c'mon that was nothing I was taking it easy you haven't seen anything from me yet". I liked him since then. The only problem with him is to get enough stamina for his big sized body; at least last year I have seen him trying to rest in games time to time. If Le Professeur gets him makes him really fit you guys will agree with me that he is SOMETHING.

exactly. Diop is a world cup/premiership proven player. He was an influencial part of the Senegal team that took Japan/Korea by storm. He plays consistently week-in week-out for Fulham. You people criticising him probably don't pay much attention to him because he plays for Fulham. The same way many didn't notice Graveson when he was at Everton. He's the closest thing you can get to Vieira and for pennies.

may I add that he's also from Vieira's country :p

http://footballmsn.skysports.com/list.a ... =54&cpid=8

Ratinho

Established Member
:lol:

Took Japan and Korea by storm? Look back on that tournament, and check out their performances against everyone except France. They were average at best, and Salif Diao was their outstanding player.

He's a decent player. We already have better players than him.

GoonerDK

Well Arsène Wenger has stated previously that he want's to sign cheap players (5 million pounds), who can make a difference... He also said that he knows a lot of players who have been bought for that amount and still made a huge difference...
Diop would fall within that price range and would make a difference.

Ratinho : Who do we have at the moment playing in his position, who are already better
:?:

14teranga

Ratinho said:
:lol:

Took Japan and Korea by storm? Look back on that tournament, and check out their performances against everyone except France. They were average at best, and Salif Diao was their outstanding player.

He's a decent player. We already have better players than him.

Oh boy what are you talking about???
Salif Diao was disapointing for US :shock: . He has one good action against Danemark and not even a good game but A GOOD ACTION. Bouba was by far our best player finishing as our top scorer aswell. You didn't watch the world cup if you think we were average for the rest of the tournament. After the France game we took on Danemark by storm a part from their goal (from a silly penalty caused by Diao) we outplayed them. Then we took on Uruguay knowing a draw would be enough for the next round and we gave them a first half of their lives dominating them 3-0 in that period with Diop scoring two great shots. The second half was a different story but at the end of the day we were through. And the next one was against Sweden that by the way was voted as one of the most exciting games of the tournament by Japanese fans we outplayed the Swedish without Salif Diao and his recall on the quarter final instead of Amdy Faye who had a good game against Sweden was a big problem back home some said that was one of the reasons Metsu was let go by the senegalese fa.

Ratinho

Established Member
GoonerDK - Gilberto. And why do we need a player that's 'the same' as Diop?

And I stand by what I said, and have seen. If he's Arsenal quality, why's he 27 (?) and at Fulham, with seemingly fairly little interest elsewhere?

14teranga

Ratinho said:
GoonerDK - Gilberto. And why do we need a player that's 'the same' as Diop?

And I stand by what I said, and have seen. If he's Arsenal quality, why's he 27 (?) and at Fulham, with seemingly fairly little interest elsewhere?

Fair enough! But he was in advance talks with manchester and a deal fell only because he got a long term injury. Anyway everybody doesn't have the same luck and every team has couple of good players.

Ratinho

Established Member
Don't get me wrong. Diop is a good player, and probably the best player at Fulham, depending on your thoughts on Malbranque.

I just think he'd be a squad player here, and Fulham would ask for £8m~ for him I suspect.

GraPu

Ratinho said:
Don't get me wrong. Diop is a good player, and probably the best player at Fulham, depending on your thoughts on Malbranque.

I just think he'd be a squad player here, and Fulham would ask for £8m~ for him I suspect.

£8m for him ????? It's more expensive than Peter Crouch!!! Hell no! It's just a waste of money

Ratinho

Established Member
Erm, he's better than Crouch. A lot better, albeit in a different position.

And harsh as it may be, I don't value your opinion tbh. It came after a build up of around 94 posts previous.

GraPu

Ratinho said:
Erm, he's better than Crouch. A lot better, albeit in a different position.

And harsh as it may be, I don't value your opinion tbh. It came after a build up of around 94 posts previous.
lol, i don't mind it, every people has different opinion...

GoonerDK

Ratinho: Although they play in the same position they are very different players . Please take another look on the statistics i provided :)

Also Gilberto does not take on players, his distribution is awful and finally he just does'nt score enough goals...

GoonerDK

8 million ??!
Based on what ??

You do know that he was signed for 1,3 million from Lens, right ?
If you are right that would mean that his price would be more than six times his original signing fee !
Not gonna happen.

I would say the maximum amount Fulham can ask for him would be 5.5 million

Spike

Established Member
Papa is a real presence on the field but I have to say he's not Arsenal quality. He does not have the level of technique required in order to play Wengerball, apart from a hard shot, he doesn't possess much apart from his powerful presence. Far better players out there.

Haakon

Spike said:
Papa is a real presence on the field but I have to say he's not Arsenal quality. He does not have the level of technique required in order to play Wengerball, apart from a hard shot, he doesn't possess much apart from his powerful presence. Far better players out there.

Couldnt agree more...

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have got as much chance of being handed the title by Sp*rs as I have of being given the Crown Jewels. They are the last people we want winning the Championship. Now we mean to round off our season by beating Arsenal.

Alan Mullery (Sp*rs captain in 1971)

There is no way we were going to be beaten

Bertie Mee in the same game after beating Spurs and clinching the Double at White Hart Lane

Latest posts

Top Bottom