• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pape Malickou Diakhaté

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Wenger wants £10m Pape star

By ANTONY KASTRINAKIS
Published: Today

Arsène WENGER is weighing up a £10million swoop for Dynamo Kiev star Pape Diakhate.

The Senegal centre-half excelled against Arsenal in the clubs’ Champions League meetings.

But the Gunners could face strong competition from Manchester City, while Portsmouth boss Tony Adams has also been linked with the defender.

Arsenal boss Wenger wants to bolster his backline and is certain to move for Diakhate if either under-fire William Gallas or wantaway Kolo Toure leave during the transfer window.

Diakhate, 24, is a Senegal international but holds a French passport after playing several years with Nancy.

He has been with Dynamo Kiev since last season and is regarded as one of the best centre-halves in the Champions League this season.

Gallas has come under fire for some poor performances and his public outburst against his team-mates last month.

Toure is also understood to be unsettled at the Emirates and City boss Mark Hughes has been tipped to make a £10m swoop for the Ivory Coast star.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article2081347.ece" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... 081347.ece</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Re: Dynamo Kiev defender Diakhate linked

Good enough for us, dominant in the air and commanding. But is he fast enough? Judging from how he played against us, i think so

Asterix

Established Member

Only 184cm - just under 6'1" - so not in the Vidic, Hangeland range - but seems to have good aerial ability nevertheless.

I still think that between Gallas, Toure and Djourou we should be able to find a decent first choice defensive pairing though. I wonder if we'll sell anyone in January?

progman07

Established Member

Would he solve any problems? The most important thing is to train the defense, because the main issues are lack of concentration and lack of agility at the set-pieces/crosses. So many times players like Diaby or Denilson are beaten at a set-piece, if we sign a defender, nothing will change.

Lord Dula

Established Member

I'm not sure about him - he looks like the error prone unintelligent athletic type, who will look like superman one day but Kolo Toure the next.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.

Lord Dula said:
I'm not sure about him - he looks like the error prone unintelligent athletic type, who will look like superman one day but Kolo Touré the next.
so basically he's Senderos Mk.II

patrick42uk

Established Member

Lord Dula said:
I'm not sure about him - he looks like the error prone unintelligent athletic type, who will look like superman one day but Kolo Touré the next.

Looks like? I can see how you'd judge him to be athletic based on appearance but you cannot make judgements on his concentration and intelligence.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus

Know nothing about him, though I am leery about loading up on too many African players due to the ANC.

DaGunners

Established Member

To me he looks like another player who is a supreme athlete but may not understand the basics of defending. So, lets buy him and sell him when he starts losing pace :D

What about the guy from Lazio who has a similar surname? He has impressed me everytime I have seen him...

Lord Dula

Established Member

patrick42uk said:
Lord Dula said:

Looks like? I can see how you'd judge him to be athletic based on appearance but you cannot make judgements on his concentration and intelligence.

To be fair I've only seen him 3 times in the CL.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

AnthonyG said:
Know nothing about him, though I am leery about loading up on too many African players due to the ANC.
You didn't watch the 2 Dynamo matches? :shock:

IBL

Established Member

replace the first 'a' in his surname with a 'c' = :lol:

sorry to lower the tone

At the moment we're being linked to anyone and everyone, I'll be shocked if we got one or more of any of these. A domineering centre half would be much welcomed

Meatwad

patrick42uk said:
Lord Dula said:

well don't you know he's black, so he must be athletic, dumb and lazy. :roll: at least that's what i learned from reading a-m.

outlaw_member

Established Member

The irony is that the majority of the dumb defenders bought by Wenger, have been White. So I don't think he implied that, simply because he was Black. But what do I know.

kamikaze80

Established Member

Ice Berg legend said:
replace the first 'a' in his surname with a 'c' = :lol:

sorry to lower the tone
just when you thought the jokes couldnt get any worse :lol:

what if we replaced the "legend" in your username with "lettuce"?

IBL

Established Member

:lol: it's actually my favourite type of lettuce so I might enjoy it ;)

shift work is slowly rotting away my brain, I need a good transfer window effort from Arsène to help me out

Arsenal Quotes

I've never been a goalscorer. I've only owned goals. Good own goals.

Steve Bould
Top Bottom