• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Patrick's loyalty compared to henry for instance?

juz7_pi12es

did henry persuade pat to stay? would love to know his comment about this transfre saga too (besides pires' "comments")

TIFANNY

Hey it's a good question! I would love to know the answer!
I know that Vieira & Henry are very very good friends and in a lot of interview Henry say that Vieira is THE Arsenal player!

lee1001

Established Member
Talking of Loyalty.

It seems Wenger is very keen on the Spanish league and their players.
Is their a danger that Spanish players will only come to Arsenal for a few years but eventually want to go home to their country where the weather is always good and their families live. Of course the lure of Real Madrid and Barcelona are also great.

Its hard to say because we haven't had a lot of Spanish players in the PL.

juz7_pi12es

Is their a danger that Spanish players will only come to Arsenal for a few years but eventually want to go home to their country where the weather is always good and their families live.
Reyes??? :shock:

lee1001

Established Member
If Reyes and Cesc turn out to be the players we think they will, then it is definately a worry. Of all the leagues in the world, i think Spain keeps most of its talent, or maybe the talent doesn't want to leave. Maybe its just paranoia from the whole Vieira saga, but i could see them wanting to to return home.

I mean how many Spanish players play outside of Spain. You can say the same about English and Italian players too. Maybe that is a potential problem with having so many foreigners in the squad. They may want to go home. Man Utd for example have a lot of British home grown players and perhaps that is why players like Scholes, Keane, Giggs, Beckham (he didn't want to leave) Butt (he didn't want to leave), The Neville brothers will always stay at United or at least in England.

lee1001

Established Member
I know we shouldn't do this but nobody set my mind at ease about the possibility of our Spanish lads wanting to go home in 3-4 years.

Anybody wanna try?

kel varnsen

Established Member
lee1001 said:
I know we shouldn't do this but nobody set my mind at ease about the possibility of our Spanish lads wanting to go home in 3-4 years.

Anybody wanna try?

dude, chill! you're talking about what might happen in 3-4 years! besides; i think both reyes and cesc will return home someday, but probably not for a very long time. i think reyes will stay with us until he's about 30-31 years, then maybe returning to sevilla and finish his career there. however, who would have guessed bergkamp would stay here for the rest of his active career, when he first joined arsenal? maybe the spaniards will do the same...

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
In the case of these two spaniards, you have to remember that they've left their home town clubs to come and play for us. There must be very good reasons why they've done so, so I wouldn't anticipate any problems with either of the two in the near future.

lewdikris

Established Member
lee1001 said:

Anybody wanna try?

They may. They may not.

Who knows?

Relax mate.

A

Anonymous

Henrys love for our club is genuine and true.

He plays with a passion for our club. At the end of the game yesterday he walked over to our fans beating our badge with his fist and nodding his head.

Vieira can never hope to be able to kiss our badge again.

Arsenal Quotes

No one could have imagined for a single second that he would come to us. Only David Dein, Sol, his agent, and I knew what was going on. When I called a press conference to announce the arrival of a new player, and Sol Campbell walked into the room full of journalists, it was a bombshell.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom