• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pennant to seek gunners deal

awooga83

Established Member
Ive always had good hopes for pennant but as time goes on its difficult to find ways to support him staying at Arsenal. He has had chances but not really performed but then i accept there is pressure on him but thats what playing at a big club is about.

Sigun

if he carrys on his good form im sure he will get a derserved new contract and starting place, though Lungberg on form is a much better choice at the moment.

that pic dont do him anyfavours either.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
I think Jermaine can be a real asset for us, he is good enough. He just needs to be instilled with the "unbelievable belief"!

sabret00the

Established Member
funnily enough, i feel his style of play suits 'the new look' arsenal better than Freddie (in terms of the right wing), with the way that Reyes and van Persie play, i feel that if Pennant can get the confidence to notch lets say 15 goals per season we'll be winning games +3GD all the time, him and RVP seem to have the whole crossing mentality and i feel it works better than the drag backs which is traditionally a Pires/Henry thing and can still exist on the left.

sienna

polaris sc said:
hes need game on the pitch to prove himself, and i dont think hes going to get that at arsenal
Yeah exactly. He needs a run of games but with Freddie with the form he's in, it's going to be hard for him to displace Freddie.

_scorpion_

Established Member
sienna said:
polaris sc said:
hes need game on the pitch to prove himself, and i dont think hes going to get that at arsenal
Yeah exactly. He needs a run of games but with Freddie with the form he's in, it's going to be hard for him to displace Freddie.

he's not good enough to displace Freddie....therefore let him go and have a career at another club. Bring someone in that can challenge Freddie.

kanuuu

Established Member
Freddie can play on the left, he may even be better there, and with Bobby in such ****e form, Pennant can play on the right for a few games.

arnoldi

I think wenger has had a word with him or he would have left for Villa, <Sp**s, :evil: Liverpool or Southampton.

It would form a nice rotation of

Freddie/pennant ......................freddie/pires/Reyes

just a thought though !

Jinn

Established Member
kanuuu said:
Freddie can play on the left, he may even be better there, and with Bobby in such s***e form, Pennant can play on the right for a few games.

That's what you would have thought, but Wenger played Clichy there on the left last time instead. Makes you wonder.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Jinn said:
kanuuu said:
Freddie can play on the left, he may even be better there, and with Bobby in such s***e form, Pennant can play on the right for a few games.

That's what you would have thought, but Wenger played Clichy there on the left last time instead. Makes you wonder.

That was common sense, we had a young, inexperienced full back in Hoyte playing on the right, I don't think Arsène wanted to risk him being exposed by moving Freddie across.

Arsenal Quotes

The coach's role is to make the player understand everything that serves the interest of the game. To do this he must speak to the child within each player, to the adolescent he was and the adult he is now. Too often a coach tends only to speak to the adult, issuing commands for performance, for victory, for reflection, to the detriment of the child who is playing for pleasure, living in the present.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom