• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Per Mertesacker: The BFG

Rouski

Just praying everyone keeps fit, God help if He has to be played in consecutive matches, them big lumbering limbs will need plenty of rest.

I don't think he will play much but good to have him as an option. Even though he didn't play all season it is questionable if we would have won the FA cup without him because of all the injuries at centre back.

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
I don't think he will play much but good to have him as an option. Even though he didn't play all season it is questionable if we would have won the FA cup without him because of all the injuries at centre back.
Not only did we just play him because of injuries, he played a blinder!

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

If he is feeling that way then think we should respect his wishes. He was mentally done after the world cup win and now mentally done after a long term injury.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
I can see his point - he didn't want his footballing career to end with long periods spent training hard but never making the team, so felt it would be better to be proactive by retiring

But knowing he has a new career waiting for him after his final year means he can look forward again and take what comes philosophically

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
So Mertesacker likely going to retire when he going to be 34 years old, i was sad Arteta didn't stay as coach because he is same as mertesacker smart classy guy and leader but good we didn't make the same mistake again.

Dammit

Arsenal legend in my eyes. Came here in tough times and helped us to win trophies. Classy guy. So proud of the club too to offer him the role.

Been a very refreshing summer, really hope it continues like this.

Arsenal Quotes

We lacked a little bit of sharpness

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Wednesday, May 22

Manchester United have joined Arsenal in the race to sign Ajax LB Jorrel Hato, but the player prefers a move to North London [HITC]

Benjamin Šeško will decide before the Euros whether he wants to leave Leipzig or sign a new contract [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have made an official offer of €20m + €5m add-ons to Fenerbache for LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Sabah Spor]

Arsenal are interested in Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow [Telegraaf]

Justin Bijlow could be available for around £10m [John Cross - The Mirror]

Newcastle are adamant Bruno Guimaraes will not be leaving the club unless his release clause is triggered [The Telegraph]

Arsenal admire Newcastle forward Alexander Isak, but the club insist they will not discuss a deal for less than double the £90m price being mentioned in the media [The Telegraph]

Sambi Lokonga says he has decided to leave Arsenal and his agent is now looking for a solution [Chris Wheatley]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom