• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Per Mertesacker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asterix

Established Member
Per Mertesacker wants come to us

http://www2.sbs.com.au/home/index.php3?id=59625

Mertesacker says he dreams of moving to the EPL, with Arsenal his preferred target, and he has often spoken to Jens about life at Arsenal. He is contracted to Hannover until 2008, and Bayern have reportedly expressed an interest, however Mr Mertesacker would prefer England and Arsenal.

This is not so much a rumour, but given that we will need another CB in the not too distant future what do you people think of Per? I didn't pay much attention to him in the Australia / Germany game, but reports are that he has played well so far.

Canuck

Established Member
Suddenly all kinds of players are popping out of the woodwork and saying they want to be a gunner!

I'd take Merteskaer. Good young defender.

Sammer

Established Member
Now, Mertesacker, who seems to be a very intelligent and promising player, has stated his admiration for Arsenal before.

In a TV interview with the ZDF (german TV), he stated that he has liked Arsenal since he was 10 years old, as his dad was into the club too.

For his age, he is an incredible CB, but I do not really see how he would fit in at the moment.

Jens1893

Sammer said:
Now, Mertesacker, who seems to be a very intelligent and promising player, has stated his admiration for Arsenal before.

In a TV interview with the ZDF (german TV), he stated that he has liked Arsenal since he was 10 years old, as his dad was into the club too.

For his age, he is an incredible CB, but I do not really see how he would fit in at the moment.

We both know he won´t leave now. As far as I know he once in the wonderful magazine that is "Fujuma" stated that he used to support Schalke as a kid. If I was a betting man, I´d bet on him and Podolski joining Bayern in 12 months. Wouldn´t surprise me if Podolski had a pre-contract with them already.

lee1001

Established Member
What is it in here with this...

Every decent player in Germany, Bayern have a pre contract with???

Its getting silly, we have just as much chance of signing a young German gifted player.

Sammer

Established Member
Jens1893 said:
Sammer said:

We both know he won´t leave now. As far as I know he once in the wonderful magazine that is "Fujuma" stated that he used to support Schalke as a kid. If I was a betting man, I´d bet on him and Podolski joining Bayern in 12 months. Wouldn´t surprise me if Podolski had a pre-contract with them already.

I agree, it would be stupid for him to leave now to warm the bench at Arsenal.

However, he is one very few key players in the german national team who will not get any international football exposure next season.

Regarding his Arsenal statement, he sincerely admired the club and Per definately does not seem the type of player who changes his view every week.

In short to mid term (that is, if he does not end up at Bayern), he might be a target. But he is yet to prove himself as a world class CB in next years WC tournament.

Jens1893

lee1001 said:
What is it in here with this...

Every decent player in Germany, Bayern have a pre contract with???

Its getting silly, we have just as much chance of signing a young German gifted player.

Let´s just say they´re very clever and know what they are doing.

I don´t know if they do have pre-contracts with these 2, but I wouldn´t be surprised at all especially as Bayern thought about taking Mertesacker this summer before they decided to go for Bremen´s Valerien Ismael instead.

Sammer

Established Member
Jens1893 said:
Sammer said:

I agree, it would be stupid for him to leave now to warm the bench at Arsenal.

However, he is one very few key players in the german national team who will not get any international football exposure next season.

Regarding his Arsenal statement, he sincerely admired the club and Per definately does not seem the type of player who changes his view every week.

In short to mid term (that is, if he does not end up at Bayern), he might be a target. But he is yet to prove himself as a world class CB in next years WC tournament.

Sammer

Established Member
Bayern is sweeping the german transfer market in a very smart way.

If you are one of their targets, you must feel honored, since you automatically get the chance to play on CL level.

Further (and although I don´t particularly like them as a club), young players know that they get an ideal environment to recommend themselves for the national team and get international attention.

Jens1893

Sammer said:

He´s the only decent and fit center half although I have to admit that Huth did quite well v Argentina and Tunisia. Still hope Metzelder might be back for 2006.

I think he´s quite intelligent for a footballer, too, it´s just that I wouldn´t read too much into statements like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Have Tottenham closed the gap on Arsenal?
Last time I checked they were still 4 miles and 11 titles away

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom