• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PFA Awards 18/19

say yes

forum master baiter
Van Dijk should win player of the year.

As for young player: Sterling and B.Silva have had the best seasons and one of them will probably win, but neither (at 24) should be eligible for me.

On that basis I’d give it to Alexander Arnold.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Young player should really be 21 and under at the start of the season instead of 23. Sterling will win that, while Van Dijk wins player of the year.

Surprised Wan-Bissaka didn't get a nomination

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

It should be Hazard for best player although he won’t win it because for some reason it has to be a title competitor.

He’s got 16 goals and 12 assists this year. That’s mental.

Hard to look past Sterling for young player, don’t think TAA and Silva have done enough.

carter777

Thinks Poch Is The GOAT

Player:Saka
Much of the talk is Van dijk getting the players player and Sterling getting the writers award.

Although Sterling has probably hit higher points in the season than Bernardo Silva, over the course of the season I think Silva's been their best player this year.

As for the young player, have Rice and Rashford really had that good a season? United were trash for much of this season and it's not like Rashford massively stood out. West Ham have been so-so and I can't say Rice has been exceptional for me.

These should be given after all English teams have completed their games. If Pool were to win the Champions League then that's a huge tick for Van dijk. Granted they're individual awards but I still think it's a little odd to vote on them when things re still playing out.

And I agree that the criteria on young player should be looked at. I remember James Milner winning it at 24 despite having already played hundreds of games. There should be some sort of cut-off regarding a lower age and once you've been nominated and played a certain number of first team appearances I don't think you should be eligible.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Young player should maybe be changed to emerging player, with the criteria being you’re under 24 and have less than 50-100 league appearances etc. So, a Declan Rice would qualify but Sterling wouldn’t.

If you just restrict the age to under 21’s then that narrows the field down too much.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the league at Tottenham, they came back 2-2 in the last-minute of the game, and they're celebrating - because they're happy to draw against us, obviously. And I remember saying to Mauricio Tarricco who injured himself celebrating in front of me: "Do you realise we only need a point to be Champions?" And he was utterly shocked. So I said "Yes. Now watch as we're going to celebrate on your pitch. Bye bye!"

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom