• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Philippe Mexès

Alexone234

Toure and Sol and the first two names on the sheet, so any centre back would be an understudy.

This Trablisi rumour makes me wonder though. He is only as good as our boy Lauren, so we would have two players of the same calibre wanting the same spot in the team. I'd rather see what our young right back could do.

kanuuu

Established Member
I havent seen much of Trabelsi but I hear he is a much better player than Lauren at right back.

Rouski

Mexes would be a excellent signing if Campbell and Cygan moved...

Was there any reason he wasn't picked for France in the World Cup?

Asterix

Established Member
Re: Philippe Mexes....?

Heh - we lose one CB who is eleigible for the Champions League and replace him with one who isn't? I've heard mixed things about Mexes - he seems like a very talented player but prone to lapses of concentration. So he should fit right in this season.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member

Mexes is underrated. Good defender with a lot of routine and experience from big games even though he's only 26. I don't think we'll sign him unless he's intended to start games for us though.

asajoseph

Established Member

The mind of a reporter:

Thought #1: Arsène Wenger can't be happy with how Arsenal are doing. He must be looking to make a few signings.

Thought #2: What are my sources telling me about who Arsenal are going to sign? What, nothing? That's a bit ****, isn't it...

Thought #3: I know, who have they been linked to loads in the past? Yaya Toure? Nah, Bill from the Express has done that one already. I remember, that French bloke, what's his name.... Pascal Cyg... No, Philippe Mexes!

Thought #4: So, how do I get a week in Rome on the expense account out of this.... Ah, **** it, I probably can't. Stick a couple of sentences on the inside cover, so I can start writing stories about Chelsea signing Kaka - I hear Rio's nice this time of year....

USgoonergirl

Established Member

Mexes stresses Roman affection
Wednesday 3 December, 2008

Roma defender Philippe Mexes has declared his love for the Giallorossi, snubbing out rumours he is ready to quit the club.

The French stopper has become an important figure for the Lupi over the last few seasons.

However, it had been reported that Mexes would leave the Eternal City if his side failed to qualify for next season's Champions League and a move to Milan has been mooted.

“I won't be leaving Roma,” Mexes insisted in Il Messaggero.

“Even if we don't get into the Champions League, it is enough for me to be in Serie A with a Giallorossi shirt.

“If the club decide to sell me then we will have to see, but I have so much love for Roma.”

Channel4

doesnt sound likely...too bad hes a very good defender

CrazyInLoveWithArsenal

I saw the game when he played for France and they lost to Austria, he was beyond bad but I suppose it was an off day, heard he is a very good defender.

entropy13

Established Member

CrazyInLoveWithArsenal said:
I saw the game when he played for France and they lost to Austria, he was beyond bad but I suppose it was an off day, heard he is a very good defender.

Almost the whole French team was beyond bad during that game.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

But he is very shaky defensively and if asked to play our highly pressurised offside trap system, he will not be solid enough

MDGoonah41

Established Member

Is anyone good enough for Arsenal? Reading this forum, looks like Chelini, and maybe Kaka. But thats about it.

Bossa

Established Member
Roma centre half Philippe Mexes will leave the Serie A club in the summer alerting Italian giants Inter Milan, and the Premier League duo of Arsène Wenger Arsenal’s and Harry Redknapp’s Tottenham Hotspur according to reports in La Gazzetta dello sport.

The Rome based club are looking to offload the French international in the summer as Mexes only has one more year remaining on his contract. Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger is reportedly aware of his availability and is actively looking for experienced defensive options, while North London rival, Tottenham Hotspur manager Harry Redknapp is closely monitoring the situation.

Inter Milan are reportedly keen on Mexes as Claudio Ranieri is eager to make Nicolas Burdisso’s loan move from Inter permanent in the summer. Ironically, Mexes has lost his place in the Roma team to the on-loan 29-year-old Argentinean international. If Burdisso signs, there could be an opportunity for Inter to take Mexes in the other direction. However it is thought Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspur could both be tempted to put offers on the table for the French international

Mexes signed for Roma from French Ligue 1 side Auxerre in June 2004, for a fee which was settled at a later date believed to be in the region of 7 million euros. Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger did monitor the French international, who 13 caps for his country when he was at Auxerre, however Wenger failed to make a move for the highly respected stopper.

A move to Arsenal or Tottenham Hotpsur is more likely than a move to rivals Inter Milan, as Mexes criticised teammate Christian Chivu in 2008 for joining the Nerazzuri stating that Chivu’s “treachery” could never be forgiven.

So Roma wants to let him go because they prefer to play with Juan and Burdisso. Mexes only got one year left and Roma want to cash in on him. Obviously they dont want to sell him to a rival like Inter or Milan.

Anyone want him here? He shouldn't be too expensive an he's French!

raidersoftheark

Established Member
Re: Phillipe Mexes

I have not seen Mexes in a little while so I dunno how his game is, but I remember when he was a talented up-and-comer. I do like that he's French, has a ton of experience, and that he's the type to not take **** from opposing teams.

I should really watch more Serie A. I thought he was a hardcore Romanista though.

Arsenal Quotes

I think I lost my hair flicking the ball on for all them years at the near post from Brian Marwood's corners

Steve Bould
Top Bottom