• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: Black Panther

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
He probably would have broken Henry's record if we had got him before Dortmund.
He'll never be as great as the legend as his all around ability does not compare. However, he'd have been up there with Ian Wright.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Caused MAYHEM down the Leicester right flank. If he plays like this down the left, it's hard to see him being moved central.

He probably would have broken Henry's record if we had got him before Dortmund.
He'll never be as great as the legend as his all around ability does not compare. However, he'd have been up there with Ian Wright.
Ian Wright was a monster. Haven't seen him live, but his stats are unreal.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
He’s not fantastic on the left but his goal return is fantastic. It could’ve been a problem trying to get him and Lacazette both in the team and firing but while they’re playing like this it makes no sense to drop one for the other and they should both start. Having said that I think him being on the bench last night was more with an eye towards Thursday.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
What I liked about him yesterday was his dribbling and taking on players on the sideline. I thought he looked sluggish (I don't know if that's the right word) on the ball in recent games.

ThlRama

Player:Saka
What I liked about him yesterday was his dribbling and taking on players on the sideline. I thought he looked sluggish (I don't know if that's the right word) on the ball in recent games.

Yeah, well, he's always been good on and off the ball, his weakness is passing. Will certainly have some off games in possession on the left, but don't worry about that. Remember vs. West Ham for example, his finishing wasn't sharp just like vs. Chelsea, but he skinned defenders when he got the chance.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
We need to start with PEA
At the cost of Lacazette?

Laca is a big reason for our recent form
Dare I say The most consistent over these 10games?

We need his hold up play, his mobility and he scores to

Laca isnt as good at runs or finishing as Auba
But Auba is way worse at Lacas strengths

Why shift Auba when he is doing great at LW

He will do even better when Kola is back

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Man knows exactly where to be in the box. Useful when we construct the moves that we do.
It's that nose for goal, it's terrifying.

First time I've regularly watched a player with this instinct (started to properly watch football just after RVP left) and it's uncanny. I don't think I'll ever call a player a tap-in merchant again.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Perhaps he'd score a hat-trick should he start a game.
Hell start games. But Unai probably sees Lacazette is a better link up/hold up option that can win duels (ground/air) and press opposition defenses. He tires opposition and really wears them down. Then Auba comes on to run riot. Glad to see Unai keeping on Lacazette until the end. The guy runs ragged for 90 minutes and still looks fit. He could've scored a couple yesterday, but he's trying to hard.

Starting Auba vs tight defenses won't work. He hasn't got the physique to shield the ball and needs space to run into. Towards the end of games lots more spaces open up and that's when Unai plays him at the moment.

He will get his starts though. We have a master tactician as a manager and he'll find the right games for him to thrive.

Last edited:

GoonerBoy19

It's amazing that both Laca and Auba have different skillset and both are leathal in front of goal. If Laca have an off day like yesterday Auba can kill the game and vice versa. Iwobi is slowly filling the tricky winger role which we were missing.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
When people say Auba should be starting (I agree) it should not be at the expense of Laca. I'm now thinking Iwobi shouldn't miss out either, its easy to think its either Auba or Iwobi on the left but the game ended yesterday with all 3 on the pitch, Laca and Iwobi played all 90 mins and both were great. Emery is putting together a great team, don't underestimate what Laca is bringing to it, yesterday he was even back defending when we were 3-1 up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

In 1997/98 we became English champions as I had set myself three missions to carry out which I felt were essential. One: to have an impact on the result and the team's playing style. Two: to foster the player's individual development. Three: to strengthen the structure of the club and enhance its global influence.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom