• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: From Thriller To Bad, Should He Just Beat It?

OSBK

Established Member
Longer this form goes on the more he goes into laca numbers. Nearly 2/3rds into the season and it feels like he has been out injured all season and hasnt played.

Mings beasted him again, any young quick and strong defender will have him all day long at cf.

OSBK

Established Member
It's becoming hard to believe he hasn't checked-out mentally. Need to learn from Özil and now Auba situations, and not do it again.

But we did
Willian
Shortly luiz if the rumours are true
Bellerin

Players who shouldnt be here but somehow we offer them big money

Legend14

Established Member
Nonsense.
Hmm. What have you seen so far in the PL that makes it nonsense? Please explain.

Wishing for him to be a good central striker doesn’t make it so. He has yet to do it well in this league. Does he hold up the ball and get players involved? Is he good in the air? Is he physical and can take the punishment. Is he brave? No.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Hmm. What have you seen so far in the PL that makes it nonsense? Please explain.

Wishing for him to be a good central striker doesn’t make it so. He has yet to do it well in this league. Does he hold up the ball and get players involved? Is he good in the air? Is he physical and can take the punishment. Is he brave? No.
Vardy does none of those things and he does just fine. Averages about 20 touches or less per 90 mins and is on record saying Rodgers tells him to conserve his energy and not mindlessly press.

There’s many ways to play striker, it’s not just target man or good at everything like Benzema, people just moan for moaning sake sometimes. Aubameyang is a fine striker.

Legend14

Established Member
Vardy does none of those things and he does just fine. Averages about 20 touches or less per 90 mins and is on record saying Rodgers tells him to conserve his energy and not mindlessly press.

There’s many ways to play striker, it’s not just target man or good at everything like Benzema, people just moan for moaning sake sometimes. Aubameyang is a fine striker.
Really, he has not demonstrated CF capability in the league. That’s just the truth in front of us. Let’s not put him in a position where he will not succeed.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Really, he has not demonstrated CF capability in the league. That’s just the truth in front of us. Let’s not put him in a position where he will not succeed.
I give you an example of a striker with Aubas skillset thriving in this league and you disregard it anyways :lol:

Whatever.

Legend14

Established Member
I give you an example of a striker with Aubas skillset thriving in this league and you disregard it anyways :lol:

Whatever.
You think Auba and Vardy are equivalent? They are not. Vardy has lightning pace, he’s quick, and brave, he has a good work rate off the ball, and excellent positioning and movement off of the ball that keeps him away from physical

Vardy’s capabilities work. Auba’s do not.

Feel free to explain what Auba brings to the table to be the CF and why he has not been successful so far.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

You think Auba and Vardy are equivalent? They are not. Vardy has lightning pace, he’s quick, and brave, he has a good work rate off the ball, and excellent positioning and movement off of the ball that keeps him away from physical

Vardy’s capabilities work. Auba’s do not work.
Yeah that’s completely wrong but I’ve repeated it so many times on this forum.

Distance covered
Defensive contributions and tackles made
Touches per game

Auba comes out on top. Vardy is left alone to score and doesn’t actually do much else he doesn’t even press and has confirmed this himself.

This is all readily available information ive had to debunk this myth many times.

Legend14

Established Member

Distance covered
Touches per game

Auba comes out on top. Vardy is left alone to score and doesn’t actually do much else he doesn’t even press and has confirmed this himself.

This is all readily available information ive had to debunk this myth many times.
Auba defensive contribution from the center is non existent. You are quoting his contribution from the left, which is where he should play. Which is my point.

Review yesterday’s stats while he was in the center.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Review yesterday’s stats while he was in the center.
Funny enough they actually both played 30 mins each this weekend and their stats are literally identical :lol:

It's really splitting hairs but to prove it here you go:

In case it's not clear, both zero tackles, zero interceptions, Auba covered more distance, both had 2 aerial duels each, one won both, one won 1 one of them

Auba xG in open play= 0.08
Vardy xG in open play = 0.09

Vardy points to the appointment of Brendan Rodgers 16 months ago. “The gaffer has helped me a lot. He’s got me playing slightly differently,” Vardy says.

“The main part is pressing-wise. Yeah, he wants me to press but it’s silly trying to press a whole back four and just wasting energy. I should press when we know we’ve got a chance of winning the ball. Before, I’d have probably sprinted from right-back to left-back and back across again, which is just burning energy up for no reason.

“It’s about keeping that energy and that mindset so you’re ready to (he clicks his fingers) fully go 100 per cent when you know that there is a chance to win the ball, rather than trying to do that when there is a 10 per cent chance of winning the ball.”

I think it's really pathetic how people try their hardest to make out that Vardy is this swashbuckling grafting pest of a CF when it's just wrong.

The guy regularly plays with injuries and isn't even tasked with getting involved with build up or defending because his goals are valued too much. People just run with whatever narratives to bash our players and it's jarring.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Imagine having one of the most prolific forwards in world football, forcing him out wide in a restricted role in a static attack with little movement and absolutely suck the life and confidence out of him. Even Emery got more out of Auba and our attack was disjointed as **** under him but he played him up top and he finished with the golden boot. Wenger played him as a striker and he had 10 in 13 league games. He scored 31 goals under Emery in the 18/19 season as a striker. He actually scored half his league goals before Arteta was appointed last season, all coming as a central striker. Apart from those cup games, Auba's drying up of goals as a winger has actually been coming quite a while. A lot of games post lockdown in the league he just wasn't getting the chances and when he was scoring it was usually him taking one of the few chances he got, a few screamers in there.

Manberg10

Imagine having one of the most prolific forwards in world football, forcing him out wide in a restricted role in a static attack with little movement and absolutely suck the life and confidence out of him. Even Emery got more out of Auba and our attack was disjointed as **** under him but he played him up top and he finished with the golden boot. Wenger played him as a striker and he had 10 in 13 league games. He scored 31 goals under Emery in the 18/19 season as a striker. He actually scored half his league goals before Arteta was appointed last season, all coming as a central striker. Apart from those cup games, Auba's drying up of goals as a winger has actually been coming quite a while. A lot of games post lockdown in the league he just wasn't getting the chances and when he was scoring it was usually him taking one of the few chances he got, a few screamers in there.

He scored 2 goals against Newcastle on the left. He played at least 5 games as a striker and has been much poorer there than when he’s been on the left this season. How do you explain that?

Legend14

Established Member
Funny enough they actually both played 30 mins each this weekend and their stats are literally identical :lol:

It's really splitting hairs but to prove it here you go:

In case it's not clear, both zero tackles, zero interceptions, Auba covered more distance, both had 2 aerial duels each, one won both, one won 1 one of them

Auba xG in open play= 0.08
Vardy xG in open play = 0.09

Vardy points to the appointment of Brendan Rodgers 16 months ago. “The gaffer has helped me a lot. He’s got me playing slightly differently,” Vardy says.

“The main part is pressing-wise. Yeah, he wants me to press but it’s silly trying to press a whole back four and just wasting energy. I should press when we know we’ve got a chance of winning the ball. Before, I’d have probably sprinted from right-back to left-back and back across again, which is just burning energy up for no reason.

“It’s about keeping that energy and that mindset so you’re ready to (he clicks his fingers) fully go 100 per cent when you know that there is a chance to win the ball, rather than trying to do that when there is a 10 per cent chance of winning the ball.”

I think it's really pathetic how people try their hardest to make out that Vardy is this swashbuckling grafting pest of a CF when it's just wrong.

The guy regularly plays with injuries and isn't even tasked with getting involved with build up or defending because his goals are valued too much. People just run with whatever narratives to bash our players and it's jarring.
Fair. They both had a poor day. The difference is Auba always has a poor day in the middle.

This is about Auba, and in what position he will add the most value. Vardy plays for another club.

My conclusion from watching all PL games with Auba in the middle is that he is significantly better on the left. You should have the stats for that as well.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

He scored 2 goals against Newcastle on the left. He played at least 5 games as a striker and has been much poorer there than when he’s been on the left this season. How do you explain that?

Lack of confidence and our attack has been **** most of the season. We've basically ruined him and he's still very much in the process of trying to get his confidence back.

NZgunner

During the off season I suggested to my Dad that we should take a gamble on our young forwards supported by Lacazette and cash in on Aubameyang - I thought Auba was still going to have a strong season, but that we could look to the future instead.

It wasn't a strong feeling and I was happy with the contract extension - but with hindsight I think we would have been better off had we done it.

Our biggest problem right now is that we don't have anyone who looks like scoring or even looks confident when a chance presents itself. With a confident in-form striker we would have easily won the last two games.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

You should have the stats for that as well.
All Premiership games under Wenger:
CF= Appearances: 9 Goals: 7
LW= Appearances: 4 Goals: 3
RW= Appearances: 0 Goals: 0

All Premiership games under Emery:
CF= Appearances: 35 Goals: 22
LW= Appearances: 9 Goals: 6
RW= Appearances: 5 Goals: 2

All Premiership games under Arteta:
CF= Appearances: 7 Goals: 0
LW= Appearances: 28 Goals: 16
RW= Appearances: 2 Goals: 0

Both Wenger and Emery got Auba scoring from the middle, Arteta is yet to a year in. @Riou you might as well come see this as well.

Stats from Transfermarkt, Premiership only.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
All Premiership games under Wenger:
CF= Appearances: 9 Goals: 7
LW= Appearances: 4 Goals: 3
RW= Appearances: 0 Goals: 0

All Premiership games under Emery:
CF= Appearances: 35 Goals: 22
LW= Appearances: 9 Goals: 6
RW= Appearances: 5 Goals: 2

All Premiership games under Arteta:
CF= Appearances: 7 Goals: 0
LW= Appearances: 28 Goals: 16
RW= Appearances: 2 Goals: 0

Both Wenger and Emery got Auba scoring from the middle, Arteta is yet to a year in. @Riou you might as well come see this as well.

Stats from Transfermarkt, Premiership only.

I mean, Mikel has got him scoring a lot from out wide tbf, .won us the FA Cup/Community Shield in that position...I can see why he plays him there.

I do miss Emery's 5-3-2 though, Auba and Laca were quality that season as a pair.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

I mean, Mikel has got him scoring a lot from out wide tbf, .won us the FA Cup/Community Shield in that position...I can see why he plays him there.

I do miss Emery's 5-3-2 though, Auba and Laca were quality that season as a pair.
History shows Auba scores anywhere, except probably the right.

The point is, AM tried to tell me Aubemeyang can not play as CF in the Premier League.

pb2Ie8.gif

OSBK

Established Member

Distance covered
Touches per game

You are comparing 34yr old vardy vs 31yr old auba. 31yr old vardy was a animal chasing down players, auba at 34 will struggle at walking football.

Arsenal Quotes

Young players need freedom of expression to develop as creative players... they should be encouraged to try skills without fear of failure.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom