• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: From Thriller To Bad, Should He Just Beat It?

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Not sure if i'm interpretating to much into it, but i think he played with much more intensity in the last season and before he signed his contract.

He fighted defensively for every ball, haven't seen this today.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Hopefully gets at least one goal on Sunday before the break.

He's been poor since his contract was signed, familiar feeling...

giphy.gif
It's not really his fault that all the chances has been falling to lacazette.

Arteta needs to get him closer to goal.
In the past few games, I've noticed that he's hardly in the box when we create chances in the opposition box.

It's a waste playing your best goalscorer so far away from goal.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Not sure if i'm interpretating to much into it, but i think he played with much more intensity in the last season and before he signed his contract.

He fighted defensively for every ball, haven't seen this today.
Definitely saw him running back and making tackles. We were just outclassed today and he’s not a typical winger who will hold up the ball via dribbling or a physical guy who will use his body.

That means if we’re not dominant in the game he will be invisible. If he had one of the above he wouldn’t be at Arsenal so we have to take the rough with the smooth unfortunately. :lol:

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I've seen him work really hard on the flank against all the big teams since the restart. It's just a shame that all his energy is spent there and he's so far away from the goal when we start the transition/counter forward.

I'd rather have him centrally running channels and have a workhorse at LW (Saka, Willian) than him working hard (admirably) on the flank and Laca be on the receiving end of the counter attack.

Been advocating all summer to get a LW to replace Laca and move Auba centrally. Grealish would be the dream.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Auba is fine on the left when the team is dominant and has the ball, as he can soley concentrate on attacking. If anything, I actually prefer him on the left in these scenarios as he can make more runs in behind.

In the big games though, I feel he would be better suited to playing right up top. You don't want your best goalscorer running back with the opposition fullbacks all game.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Wasted on the left I think.

I was ok with it at first and even thought it could work. I tried to rationalise the situation, but it's increasingly obvious that he'd both score more in the middle and we completely and utterly lose a creative outlet too on the left.

All to start Lacazette in the middle who I don't think offers that much in hold up anyway.

I don't really see the point of signing him up, then not offering Lacazette a contract but keeping him (instead of just getting something for Lacazette now), just so Aubameyang can be on the left.

Now, I could be wrong (I probably am seeing as I've never coached a match in my life) but not to try it? Not once, hmmm I'm slightly worried about that.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Auba is fine on the left when the team is dominant and has the ball, as he can soley concentrate on attacking. If anything, I actually prefer him on the left in these scenarios as he can make more runs in behind.

This is spot on. In these instances it benefits us more that he is playing from the wing than through the centre. It is also harder for the other team's defenders to track him as he can ghost in behind the full back, between the FB and CB or just make a diagonal run through the middle.

In the big games though, I feel he would be better suited to playing right up top. You don't want your best goalscorer running back with the opposition fullbacks all game.

Not just big games but any game where the opposition is dominating us both in possession and territory for long spells. It negates all his strengths and why we are playing him from wide in the first place.

I don't even mind that he started LW at Anfield the other day but surely when we were losing by a single goal and the clock was approaching the 80 minute mark, what is the point of keeping him there. It is just so frustrating seeing your best goalscorer while you are a goal down, trying to track back a runner near our penalty area. Leave him up top, play 2 strikers, ask him not to track back. Anything but still insist he is wasting his last energy fiddling around in our defensive third.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Nearly had a heart attack when Arteta moved him up top, finally!

We looked a little more fluid with two players wide who can dribble with Dani dictating behind Auba, hopefully something Mikel uses more often.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member

We looked a little more fluid with two players wide who can dribble with Dani dictating behind Auba, hopefully something Mikel uses more often.
Think this could be a second half tactic thing.

Gotta say, I happily ate my words today with PEA successfully playing well as the CF.

OSBK

Established Member

Saka and pepe the wide players

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He needs to play central ffs. We looked a million times more dangerous once we had Pepe and Saka on either flank.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Doesn't this goal sort of show that Auba can also drop and link up and all that jazz? If he can do that why exactly is he playing out wide?

Manberg

Predator
Make a difference when we play another striker who also plays centrally and we're left with no left winger when Aubameyang goes inside.

The wingback (Saka or AMN) and Tierney go into that position. We play with 2 strikers going into the middle regardless.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
The only thing I'm worried by is that he only scored once this season so far. Once.

For him that's a pretty abysmal start to the season. I mean I'm glad Lacazette is scoring again, but hopefully he'll pick up his goal scoring form soon.

Arsenal Quotes

I've got the best goalkeeper and the best centre half. All I need are the best wingers and the best forward. It doesnt matter what the rest are like.

Herbert Chapman
Top Bottom