• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: From Thriller To Bad, Should He Just Beat It?

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Needs to be through the middle. He's going to get found out more often from the left this season.

I see him scoring a max of 15 goals.

Bonkers decision from Mikel. Only topped by the weirdos claiming he can’t play as a striker despite literally exploding after moving there when Lewa was sold by Dortmund, and ever since.

Manberg

Predator
Too many excuses made for him. Admit that he’s been crap. First it’s he should play down the middle, despite the fact that he ends up on the middle anyhow and has got most of his goals from the left. Then it’s chances not being created for him. Well he’s been played the ball when in good positions but has been wasteful.
Do you think Salah and Mane need their midfielders to create chances for them? They play wide and they make chances themselves. We need Auba to do the same for us. I’m having Özil ptsd but I pray that it’s not the case and he goes on a scoring run soon.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

That ball over the top to Auba is just too obvious. We’ve become one dimensional. Both City and Liverpool knew exactly what we were going to do and they stifled Auba.

Auba is a limited player but the fact that we don’t have another threat at CF doesn’t help. Who would City focus on if we had a top class CF through the middle and Auba drifting from the left?

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Too many excuses made for him. Admit that he’s been crap. First it’s he should play down the middle, despite the fact that he ends up on the middle anyhow and has got most of his goals from the left. Then it’s chances not being created for him. Well he’s been played the ball when in good positions but has been wasteful.
Do you think Salah and Mane need their midfielders to create chances for them? They play wide and they make chances themselves. We need Auba to do the same for us. I’m having Özil ptsd but I pray that it’s not the case and he goes on a scoring run soon.

Huh?

Those are their best positions.

They are skilled dribblers/ball carriers. Auba isn’t. He’s a kick and rush centre forward. Henry at Juventus v Henry at Arsenal. Eto’o at Barca v Eto’o at Inter.

Compare their stats. The positions are not simply interchangeable, especially for a 32 year old as is explained here about the change in his role;

https://www.skysports.com/football/...-do-not-have-enough-shots-and-it-is-a-problem

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Two things can be true simultaneously. He's been poor but the team also has not gotten him the ball which is shocking given how clear it is that he's the match winner. Arteta is not doing him any favors at the moment. Teams were always going to adjust to us hoofing the ball out to him in space and it doesn't help when the players we have centrally don't warrant any fear or respect from the CBs. Now as to your absurd point about Mane and Salah who are entirely different players, having the 2 best ball playing fullbacks in the league pinging inch perfect passes to them for 90 minutes is hardly creating chances by themselves.

Manberg

Predator
Huh?

Those are their best positions.

They are skilled dribblers/ball carriers. Auba isn’t. He’s a kick and rush centre forward. Henry at Juventus v Henry at Arsenal. Eto’o at Barca v Eto’o at Inter.

Compare their stats. The positions are not simply interchangeable, especially for a 32 year old as is explained here about the change in his role;

https://www.skysports.com/football/...-do-not-have-enough-shots-and-it-is-a-problem

He gets the ball in a wide area he needs to try cutting inside and taking shots. He’s not taking players on enough for my liking. We know he’s capable.

Manberg

Predator
Two things can be true simultaneously. He's been poor but the team also has not gotten him the ball which is shocking given how clear it is that he's the match winner. Arteta is not doing him any favors at the moment. Teams were always going to adjust to us hoofing the ball out to him in space and it doesn't help when the players we have centrally don't warrant any fear or respect from the CBs. Now as to your absurd point about Mane and Salah who are entirely different players, having the 2 best ball playing fullbacks in the league pinging inch perfect passes to them for 90 minutes is hardly creating chances by themselves.

Liverpool have Firmino in the middle. They have no creative players in their midfield at all (until Thiago recently). Salah and Mane are able to create chances for themselves in ways that Auba is struggling to.

Auba is getting the ball in wide positions and I’m expecting our star man to do more with it.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Liverpool have Firmino in the middle. They have no creative players in their midfield at all (until Thiago recently). Salah and Mane are able to create chances for themselves in ways that Auba is struggling to.

Auba is getting the ball in wide positions and I’m expecting our star man to do more with it.

But why are you expecting him to do something he has never done? He creates his own chances every now and then, but that isn't his world class ability. His world class ability is the movement to get into goal scoring positions.

He does end up at Cf, but the team needs to be geared to getting the ball to him in the right areas.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He gets the ball in a wide area he needs to try cutting inside and taking shots. He’s not taking players on enough for my liking. We know he’s capable.

He gets it wide in deep areas. What’s he going to do from there? Our team defends deep. He isn’t going to dribble 30 yards past 3 defenders and score. His game involves getting on the end of passes shifting the ball and shooting, not the other way round. Right now he’s the one having to make those passes for people like Willian and Nketiah. It’s *.

Manberg

Predator
He gets it wide in deep areas. Our team defends deep. He isn’t going to dribble 30 yards past 3 defenders and score. He gets on the end of passes and shoots, right now he’s the one having to make those passes for people like Willian and Nketiah. It’s ********.

No I am talking about the moments where he gets the ball on the edge of the six yard box and proceeds to misplace a pass rather than dribble inside and shoot. Happened several times today.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

It would be funny if he drops off a cliff just like Özil after signing his extension.

And by funny I mean soul destroying.
Left wing thing only works if we actually have possession and create chances.

If we’re trying to get 3 chances a game then he needs to be central. Thing is he can’t really play football either.

TakeChillPill

Established Member

Masterful trolling

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
https://arsenal-mania.com/forum/threads/pierre-emerick-aubameyang-2019-20-performances.33841/page-30

he went through a similar drought last season, still ended up with 22 PL goals...not worried about him at all, Laca/Pepe/Willian are far bigger problems

Auba always goes through quiet games then starts scoring. But he can't keep a high conversion rate all season that tails off, as you said the other guys need to step up but Lacazette is the only one I have a bit of faith in funny enough.

Reactions: A_G

Arsenal Quotes

Don’t be scared to be ambitious. It’s not a humiliation to have a high target and to fail. For me, the real humiliation is to have a target and not to give everything to reach it.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom