• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: Black Panther

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
so half a season tell you that?
Yes, in half a season the guy racked up more goals than TH14 did in his first year here. His movement, his vision and his finish are phenomenal and I do not think I have seen that since TH14. Considering he still needs to learn his team mates I think we signed a proper star here.

Dj_sds -

Yes, in half a season the guy racked up more goals than TH14 did in his first year here. His movement, his vision and his finish are phenomenal and I do not think I have seen that since TH14. Considering he still needs to learn his team mates I think we signed a proper star here.

He has impressed me since he has joined and is one of the reasons why i am optimistic about the upcoming season. But aubameyang is the finished article, thiery was still very raw in his first season. I also think his overall game isnt as good as a peak henry but i can see him scoring more goals, he is lethal in the box.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
He has impressed me since he has joined and is one of the reasons why i am optimistic about the upcoming season. But aubameyang is the finished article, thiery was still very raw in his first season. I also think his overall game isnt as good as a peak henry but i can see him scoring more goals, he is lethal in the box.
Yeah fair enough. I am not directly comparing the players but I do feel that PEA will have a similar impact here as Thiery did.

TheArsenalis

I like him too since he was at dortmund. He came in his prime and is well seasoned.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Bit of an unfair comparison though, Thierry was 23 and just learning to be a striker, Pea at 30 is fully developed .

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Bit of an unfair comparison though, Thierry was 23 and just learning to be a striker, Pea at 30 is fully developed .
Auba may come close to the goal tallies but even Arsenal supporters seem to have forgotten how many assists Thierry provided. I don't think anyone has even come close to a 20 goal/20 assist league campaign since he managed it. Maybe Suarez the year Liverpool went close? I don't think Auba has the same vision or technique but he is a lovely player who will surely bang them in.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Below this I did say I wasn't trying to compare them outright. That is unfair, you;re right.

What I was trying to suggest is that his impact may be just as much as Thiery's was.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

A star player playing like a star.

Can't wait to see what happens with a full pre season under his belt with us and the difference he can make in Europe.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Below this I did say I wasn't trying to compare them outright. That is unfair, you;re right.

What I was trying to suggest is that his impact may be just as much as Thiery's was.

Maybe because we are crap and begging for a star. When Henry came, we weren't looking for a star, just a replacement for Anelka. We had a star studded team already.
Henry rose above everyone and put Arsenal on the map globally. That was his impact for us. His style of play was mesmerizing...not the same effect stat wise to the goal whoring of Cronaldo and Messi, but he was very flamboyant and cocky.
Never really scored a simple tap in...seem to always bend it around the GK.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
We've struck gold with signing PEA, it was Wenger's parting gift.

I love his infectious attitude and it seems like the boys got around him really quickly.
Probably signed over Wengers head!

Will be great to see players actually improving under Unai!

Wenger had the opoosite effect for a while

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny

Manz like Henry, Vieira, Bergkamp have God status.

They earned their status in blood, sweat, bucket loads of game winning performances, delivering titles with swagger & style.

You can’t invoke the name of the old gods without catching some heat.

Very, very excited about PEA this season. Not sure he will ever become a God though. Hell, I hope he does!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It works. I am just waiting until everyone has copied it, then I shall come up with something new.

Herbert Chapman on the famous WM formation

Latest posts

Top Bottom