• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pires and Henry to stay

KingReyes

Established Member
link

Both players have told friends that they intend to stay out of loyalty to Arsène Wenger.

and..

Question marks have also been raised about the future of the Arsenal manager if Vieira leaves. But the indications are that Wenger will sign a new four-year deal in October

SuperBob

Although expected.. good news if Vieria stays it will be even better news.
Lets hope Pires and Henry can destroy that left side in the up coming season. Not forgetting Cole :D

KingReyes

Established Member
Arnie said:
wats your point?
We know henry and pires are stayin.

Theres no point mate, I knew they were staying. I posted it so others just like yourself can read it, thats all.

calvinngai88

Everyone knows Henry and Pires won't leave. Currently, only one Arsenal player has speculations all around him, and he's you-know-who.

KingReyes

Established Member
I think if there is one good thing thing to come out of this article is once again the important influence of Wenger on the players. Also the signs of him signing a new four year deal can only mean their committment will be even stronger and hopefully Vieira's too.

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I really cant see Henry ever leaving Arsenal - he loves the club too much to leave.

As for Pires - great news !

calvinngai88

Arsenal's left side is the best in the world I reckon. Cole/Clichy - Pires/RVP - Henry/Reyes. The right side is still good but lacks the spark of creativity, maybe that will come from Pennant. So I don't see why Henry and Pires don't want to continue to be the best.

lewdikris

Established Member
I'd like to point out that those 'friends' the article mentions are most likely the journalist Steve Stammers himself, just in a discrete off-the-record kinda way. He's the one journo you can trust on Arsenal - him and Paddy are connected through being trustees of a charity in Senegal.

So, sadly, that story ain't dead - but good (and expected) news about Bobby and Titi.

Arnie

Jose_Reyes_2004 said:
I really cant see Henry ever leaving Arsenal - he loves the club too much to leave.

As for Pires - great news !

That's one thing, i have always felt that Henry is 100% Arsenal but Pires only about 65%

Maybe t5hat's just his character. I think he is finally settled.

brianfrance

Established Member
I think you already know it, but Pires when he was at Marseille said his dream is to play for Real Madrid....but now I can't see it happenning

Ladygooner

brianfrance said:
I think you already know it, but Pires when he was at Marseille said his dream is to play for Real Madrid....but now I can't see it happenning

Yes, Real Madrid were the team he supported as a boy.

However, in the summer of 2000 when he signed for Arsenal, he had the chance to join Real Madrid and turned them down. I don't actually think Real made a proper bid for him in the end - lot of media speculation (like with Paddy) but no bid on the table, so Bobby could see they were mucking him around and decided to sign for the better team :wink:

Anyway, I'm sure now Bobby has no regrets about turning down Real and time has shown he made the right choice :D

jc8gooner

I read on SkySportsNews that Vieira, Henry and Campbell are set to miss the Everton game on day one of the season and possibly a few more games after that due to injury?

Has anybody else heard that?

KingReyes

Established Member
jc8gooner said:
I read on SkySportsNews that Vieira, Henry and Campbell are set to miss the Everton game on day one of the season and possibly a few more games after that due to injury?

Has anybody else heard that?

:shock: You read it or heard it? Because if yuo read it you could at least paste the link please. however I haven't read any news about that myself.

Arsenal Quotes

Young players need freedom of expression to develop as creative players... they should be encouraged to try skills without fear of failure.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom