• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win PL: Arsenal 2 - 1 Leeds | Sunday 8th May | KO: 14:00 BST | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

We welcome Leeds to town knowing that the **** have lost to Liverpool at Anfield (praying for a batteringšŸ¤žšŸ¾) and possibly Chelsea against Wolves.

Win this and we go 5 points clear and itā€™ll be Partey Szn in the NLD. Weā€™ll be dancing at the Lane or whatever that sh*thole is called nowadays:

FRsGpGfaAAEEXfM

Pending šŸ”œ

Last edited by a moderator:

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
This is the proverbial trap game. It's one we 100% should win but Leeds are the kind of filthy team that drag you into places you shouldn't be going so the lads will need to stay composed and hope for a semi-functioning referee. The prospect of St. Tot's Day being celebrated at their new toilet bowl after its inexcusable absence these last few years is almost sexual. Win these next 2(assuming Liverpool do their job) and we end the pitiful Spuds golden era and our own darkest period in decades in one fell swoop.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
We welcome Leeds to town knowing that the **** have lost to Liverpool at Anfield (praying for a batteringšŸ¤žšŸ¾) and possibly Chelsea against Wolves.

Win this and we go 5 points clear and itā€™ll be Partey Szn in the NLD. Weā€™ll be dancing at the Lane or whatever that sh*thole is called nowaday
I don't dare to hope, but getting back Champions League and St. Totteringham's day at their stadium would be absolute scenes.

Hilarious too, considering they used their *better than us* years to... lose finals. (Couldn't even get out of the Challenge League group stages as well)

Meanwhile we won 2 FA Cup's and 2 Community Shields. Shows levels.

Order is going to be restored. :drool:

D

Deleted member 102404

Not able to go to this one as I am travelling to Spain at 4pm... will have to grab as much of the game in the lounge before boarding.
After the brilliant atmosphere for the Utd game pretty gutted I screwed up and booked flights for Sunday :(

I am just praying we go into this game with a chance to go 5 points clear. COYG!:clap:

DasBootist

A five point gap between us and Spudz would be very much appreciated. Nabbing a draw in the NLD is achievable and fourth place would be in the bag

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ā­

Player:Gabriel
Can only see another 3 points for us here. Not one of the relegation threatened sides to fear as I don't see Leeds coming to try and stifle and frustrate us which we can struggle against from time to time.

As long we stay solid in midfield and defensively they'll give us enough space to see a few chances come our way.

Tom Mix

This is not a Leeds team of the past. It's a team that doesn't know how to defend. If they park the bus we'll jump in through the windows and do them. I am more concerned about our defence that it doesn't turn into a goalfest, not sure we have the goals to outscore in one. I would love us to go two up in the first half and kill any feeble hopes they might have of getting anything out of the game.

I hope and expect Liverpool to do the business on Tottenham and have that five point cushion when we go to their cesspit. Get anything there and it's a joyride. Lose there and there will be two nervy games, especially the Everton one if they are fighting for their lives and only need a point.

Be great for them to do a documentary on all the Tottenham trophies during this golden era of theirs which comes to an end this season.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Btw: Why are we suddenly so hated? Constant accusations of cheating on social media.

Because we are good again, tbh.

They want Arsenal of the last season, 8th place nobodies...now that we are almost the next best team after City and Liverpool, people are getting scared of our ever growing potential!

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ā­
Btw: Why are we suddenly so hated? Constant accusations of cheating on social media.
Literally doing what other clubs like Sp**s, Chelsea etc have been doing for years. We were naive for ages and always still got screwed over by referees and heard "same old Arsenal, always cheating" which always miffed me. In my opinion we were terrible at ****housing, diving and cheating until the last 2 years.

I can only assume that tag came from the early Wenger days where the pro English press and fans didn't like seeing as many foreigners as we had in the team.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy šŸ†
Trusted ā­
No funny business here please don't underestimate them they fighting to stay in PL get a win hope Liverpool beat Sp**s so we can be 5 points before we go to NLD with good confidence too.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Literally doing what other clubs like Sp**s, Chelsea etc have been doing for years. We were naive for ages and always still got screwed over by referees and heard "same old Arsenal, always cheating" which always miffed me. In my opinion we were terrible at ****housing, diving and cheating until the last 2 years.

I can only assume that tag came from the early Wenger days where the pro English press and fans didn't like seeing as many foreigners as we had in the team.

The second part is definitely true.

Though I would say Sp**s aren't "good" at cheating, tbh...to be good at ****housery, you need to be sneaky with it and then use it to be successful.

Sp**s just openly kick people, get away with it, but still collapse and win nothing anyway...it's kinda hilarious, tbf.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ā­
Hopefully a 3-0 or something comfortable, will give us that confidence boost going into the last few games of the season.

Would like Martinelli or Eddie to weigh in with a goal, we need them performing if we wanna grab these last vital points of the season. Canā€™t keep relying on Saka while Sp**s have Kane and Son.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted šŸ”»
This is a massive game. I hope it's an outlier and we blitz them in the first 20 minutes. Let's do this. COYG šŸ’Ŗ

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ā­

All their defenders are terrible, but we havenā€™t kept a clean sheet in 6 games so weā€™re not exactly good at the back ourselves.

Think weā€™ll win if we score goals and drop points if we donā€™t.

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ā­
I wonder how much the Sp**s score at Anfield could influence Arteta's thinking for this. It would be tempting to try and narrow down the gap in our GD if Sp**s hypothetically lose by 3 at Anfield. Their huge GD advantage would suddenly be down to +1 if we manage to beat Leeds by the same margin. That would make the Newcastle game much less of a must-win if we lose the NLD compared to how it would be with their current GD advantage. More importantly it would also take off a lot of pressure from the players heading into that game only a few days after the derby. Newcastle would have had an extra week rest and have possibly the most excited fanbase in the country so I imagine the atmosphere will make things a lot more difficult than it was at Stamford Bridge and West Ham.

We'd still need to thrash Everton to stand a chance in that scenario, but you could argue that 2 big home wins against the worst and 3rd worst defensive teams in the league might require far less than getting 3 points out of 2 tricky away games against 2 resurgent sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It was a unique moment, a football fairytale. Was there anyone left who still believed I could give that kind of performance? Probably only ArsĆØne Wenger.

Per Mertesacker on Arsenalā€™s FA Cup Final win over Chelsea on 2017 being his only appearance that season
Top Bottom