• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Aston Villa | 15/11/08

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
images
vs
images

Arsenal v Aston Villa

Barclays Premier League, Emirates Stadium

Saturday, November 15, 2008, 15:00

raidersoftheark

Established Member
Re: Arsenal vs Aston Villa | EPL | 15/11/08 | 15:00

Wouldn't mind seeing Cesc picking up a yellow for this match. We could use Ramsey for Citeh, and we'll NEED Cesc for CSKA London.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

Not an easy match, but given our morale boosting victory over manure and us being at home, we should win

dbig

Villa haven't been in the best of form in the league lately. This is probably the best time to play them. It'll be close but I think we will win.

Anzac

Established Member

We need to take a convincing 3 points in this match. Villa are seen as contenders to threaten our standing in the top 4, and we have a habit of not staying focused.

Asterix

Established Member

So who's out for this one? Robin and Ade - is that it?

Will Wenger stick with the same line up that beat United? Seems likely doesn't it?

gunner_down_under

I think we should stick to the same lineup at least until RvP/Ade are back in contention. If we're in a comfortable lead, I wouldn't mind seeing Ramsey replace Denilson/Diaby and Vela replace Theory.

Our defense needs to concentrate the whole 90+ mins, Villa have a good midfield/offence and any lapses in concentration maybe capitalised very easily.

I'm looking forward to another good display from Gallas-Head.

Prediction : 2-0 (Walcott, Diaby)

Lukazan

Established Member

We beat Man U so it'd just be so typical of us if we undid all that hard work by dropping points here. Villa are a very good team this year, my tip to finish 5th and I don't think we can get away with starting in our half-arsed manner. We've not beaten Villa at the Emirates yet too.

We're probably going to get people crying out for Vela, Ramsey and probably Wilshere to be in the starting line-up, but it's not going to happen people. I reckon we'll be looking at the same line-up that faced Man U at the weekend.

patrick42uk

Established Member

Which is sebnsible. Vela, if fit, would be a good option from the bench as would Ramsey. Wilshere only if we are a couple up.

qs

Established Member

This is a potential 6 pointer and we can't take it lightly. As Luk said we have a tendency to lose after big wins and with the added good vibes of the Carling Cup win it would be very Arsenal to lose or draw this one. A win here could have massive influence on our performances late in the season, especially in the CL and FA cup. We need to do everything we can to put distance between the top 4 and the chasing pack. That way come late February onwards we can hopefully rest players in the league and focus on winning a trophy.

oasis_gooner

<a class="postlink" href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/a/aston_villa/7723927.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/footbal ... 723927.stm</a>

If Carew actually doesn't make it, we'll have much easier time defending set pieces. It will then be interesting to see what formation Villa deploy since they've had much joy away from home playing Carew up front with Agbonlahor and Young bombing down the flanks. Whatever's the case, a victory is vital.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.

Lukazan said:
We beat Man U so it'd just be so typical of us if we undid all that hard work by dropping points here. Villa are a very good team this year, my tip to finish 5th and I don't think we can get away with starting in our half-arsed manner. We've not beaten Villa at the Emirates yet too.

We're probably going to get people crying out for Vela, Ramsey and probably Wilshere to be in the starting line-up, but it's not going to happen people. I reckon we'll be looking at the same line-up that faced Man U at the weekend.
agreed... unless Adebayor makes a miraculous recovery, im sure we will start the EXACT same team... (as long as everyone is fit)

Alfonso

Established Member

For me Villa are a vastly overrated side. I have seen them play in the UEFA Cup this season, in particular against Ajax, and even though they won they did not impress me that much. They are your typical 'British' team with pace, power, agility etc but they dont know how to mix it up and struggle against sides with high technical ability, like us. They are a one trick pony side.

Alan Hansen must love them but I dont think they are the 5th best team in the EPL. I think on their day Sp**s can give them a run for their money im sorry to say. I also think their manager O Neil is a **** and doesnt know anything about football away from England (going by his punditry for the Beeb over the past few years, the guy is just an intelligent version of Alan Shearer), so would love to get one over the 'gentleman of football'.

However, we are Arsenal, and we never do things the easy way, as soon as everything is starting to go well again we are at our most vulnerable as a few others have already said on this thread. In the past two seasons late goals from Gilberto and Bendtner respectively have denied Villa getting the three points at Emirates, so we should be going at them from the start. Villa and Middlesbourgh are the only two EPL teams we havent beaten at the Emirates (if you discount the newly promoted sides).

QS, I disagree what you say, because we must make sure we finish 3rd at least because 4th place would mean playing another 4th place side from one of Europe's big leagues in the CL qualification next summer

sabret00the

Established Member

*awaits list of formations with league cup squad integrated*

SimplyFabregas

Established Member

sabret00the said:

Will this do?

--------Fabianski

Sagna-Djourou-Gallas-Clichy

Wilshere-Cesc-Ramsey-Nasri

------Bendnter-Vela

:lol:

In all seriousness it will proberly be the same side that we put out against United, and seeing as we won you can't really argue with that.

oasis_gooner

Alfonso said:
QS, I disagree what you say, because we must make sure we finish 3rd at least because 4th place would mean playing another 4th place side from one of Europe's big leagues in the CL qualification next summer

I was going to mention the same. The new UEFA rules kick in next season where the top three teams will gain automatic qualification to the Champions League group stages and the fourth placed team has to go through two qualifying rounds second of which could pair it with another fourth placed team from maybe Spain or Italy. But being a pragmatist, you could say that fourth is the most likely position we'll be in come end of the season.

ricky1985

Established Member

SimplyFabregas said:
sabret00the said:

Will this do?

--------Fabianski

Sagna-Djourou-Gallas-Clichy

Wilshere-Cesc-Ramsey-Nasri

------Bendnter-Vela

:lol:

That is just silly Simply.......I mean where the hell is Jay Simpson? :)

Original_AAA

sabret00the said:

Like this?

Fabianski

Sagna - Gallas - Djorou - Clichy

Walcott - Ramsey - Cesc - Nasri

Vela - Bendnter

? :wink:

EDIT: Doh! I was beaten to the punchline by quite a lot. Damn my boss for comming into my office and start talking buisness! :roll:

I don't see any reason why we should change the team that played Man U to be honest. It worked really well and should get the job done here. We really need to win this and hopefully this side can prove they have the ability to be consistent.

number_0

Established Member

Same team that beat manure, but i hope we dont play narrow, because villa has more width than manure and if nasri and theo play the way they did against manure here, we will be punished hard here, we should play diaby on the right to help sagna against Young(whos been on form the last couple of weeks)and theo upfront.
Denilson and Cesc can handle reo-coker, barry and sidwell in the center, but i could see Harwood to grab a goal or 2 this game, lets hope our carling cup kids get some mintutes here and score or asist, will be great for our run to chrismas.

Gooner_Stu

Established Member

We have a nasty habit of loosing momentum after big wins, lets hope we can move it forward and give Villa the reality check that we're capable of.

If the worse comes to the worst, we'l have call on Jack, Carlos and the boys to do the job :lol:

Arsenal Quotes

I’ve told Dave to cut off his ponytail. I think it makes him less aerodynamic.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom