• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win PL: Arsenal 3 - 1 Aston Villa | Friday 22nd October | KO: 20:00 BST | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Top performance 1st half was even better than Sp**s imho.
Intensity & pressing was insane not surprised that we couldnt keep it up for the full game.
The most Pleasing thing was we moved the ball well & did everything at a higher tempo.
Good performance by everyone today.

Some of the final decisions/ passes were still not quite on point but that is to be expected especially from young players.
It has to be said Villa were very Poor 1st half but we have to take credit for completely dominating them. If we had gone in 3 or 4 up it wouldnt have flattered,
Laca was very good and it just goes to show the value of a striker who can hold the ball & play.
A combination of Laca/Auba would be the perfect 9 for us.

Kav

Established Member
All things considered. Good win today. Always happy for us to do well. Can we continue this or will it be stop start as usual?

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

He's like a little dungeon gimp who was let off his chain, and now he roams the streets above, harassing the public as if they asked for his gimpy ****ing services.
pulp fiction gimp GIF

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

We created good chances first half at 0-0 and dominated from first minute. I hate Arteta as much as anyone. But he battered villa

We had zero shots on target before the goal. The only really sharp chance we created before we scored was Partey's effort in the bar but that was via a set piece and some lucky deflecting. The truth is that Martinez had nothing to do before the goal. What i remember is some efforts over the goal, a couple of blocked shots and that effort in the bar.

GLITCH

We clearly are a better side playing on the front foot! Forget sitting back and "suffering". Up front is where the real quality is. Plus think our back 5 is good enough to fend for themselves without us needing to sit back and protect them.
We should be trying to emulate Liverpool and City by being more ruthless. Keep teams pinned in their own half for the majority of the match and try to score as many goals as possible.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

We should be trying to emulate Liverpool and City by being more ruthless. Keep teams pinned in their own half for the majority of the match and try to score as many goals as possible.

Thats not what we do, mate. Villa had more shots and more possession in the second half because thats the Arteta way.

Hazza_14

Vanpayslip

This and the Sp**s performances were comprehensive. It clearly shows that there is a way for Arsenal to play - with the players we already have at this club - that makes it hard for teams to handle us. I’m not saying we can be a top team right now but these two performances show that we should be much further along than we are.

The frustrating thing is that it seems the manager doesn’t seem to want to lay down this blueprint and instead seems more often than not to set up his team to play safe.

akhil

We had a very simple setup today. Sambi stayed in the middle next to Partey and didn't drift to the left and Tavares starting position when we had the ball was always as a left back. He was starting his run late and not already camped ahead of the ball with his back to goal. Both Auba and Laca were pretty central too.

This was almost an old school 442 with Laca putting in one hell of a shift.

MikeVinna

Established Member
We had a very simple setup today. Sambi stayed in the middle next to Partey and didn't drift to the left and Tavares starting position when we had the ball was always as a left back. He was starting his run late and not already camped ahead of the ball with his back to goal. Both Auba and Laca were pretty central too.

This was almost an old school 442 with Laca putting in one hell of a shift.

Well the only difference between a classic 4-4-2 and the 4-2-3-1 is the behaviour of the 2nd striker/number 10. With Laca in that role we can easily switch between the two.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Well the only difference between a classic 4-4-2 and the 4-2-3-1 is the behaviour of the 2nd striker/number 10. With Laca in that role we can easily switch between the two.

I'd argue that the starting formation actually means nothing, and its more about the type of players we have on the pitch.

If we started Ødegaard, Smith Rowe and Saka in midfield, we could line them up in a 442, 4231, 433, 451 formation but there would likely be zero in midfield during the match, as these player's natural game involves pushing up.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Gabriel - Beast, continuing his excellent form.

Ramsdale- Solid as always

ESR - Very Good

Basically our three best players this season continuing to be our best players.

Tavares was also very impressive.

Tomb Bombadil

Anyone got
Top performance 1st half was even better than Sp**s imho.
Intensity & pressing was insane not surprised that we couldnt keep it up for the full game.
The most Pleasing thing was we moved the ball well & did everything at a higher tempo.
Good performance by everyone today.

Some of the final decisions/ passes were still not quite on point but that is to be expected especially from young players.
It has to be said Villa were very Poor 1st half but we have to take credit for completely dominating them. If we had gone in 3 or 4 up it wouldnt have flattered,
Laca was very good and it just goes to show the value of a striker who can hold the ball & play.
A combination of Laca/Auba would be the perfect 9 for us.
+ we had so many big chanches. We need to be more clinical. If it's a tight game you will lose points otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I was receiving offers from many other clubs and declining them all, even the most tempting ones. Juventus, Real Madrid, PSG contacted me, Bayern, France, England...I am happy to have been able to say no to more glory, more money, and to have been guided only by the idea of loyally serving the club. I had knitted myself a soul in Red and White.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom