• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Blackburn | 23/12/06

nidza7

Established Member
"The fifth goal is an amazing goal - the fifth goal is a real Arsenal goal. The sixth is good as well because it was individually Fabregas who passed on the flanks, but the fifth goal was a collective goal, you know? Adebayor plays Fabregas through, who is in a position to shoot and cuts it back for Van Persie."

Arsène abuot favourite goal

IBL

Established Member
Tell you one thing, the Hleb miss in the first half would have been Wenger's fave goal as well as one of the best counter attack team goals of the season. Shame Hleb went for that one last pass instead of going for goal, I guess he figured that he'd scored his goal for the day and wanted to set someone else up ;)

nidza7

Established Member
just saw the goals on youtube.

didn`t see the game but Cesc is irreplacable as assistant i guess.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Quotes from Wenger from Arsenal.com: www.arsenal.com/article.asp?thisNav=New ... istency%27

"It is never boring here. You can accuse me of a lot, but not of making it boring and the team played some tremendous football today. Blackburn as well played well, and in the end they were punished a little bit. Maybe too much because Nonda, Bentley and Pederson played well going forward as well. I must say we produced some football that is absolutely amazing to watch."

kooldawg

Established Member
Couldn't see the match myself :(

Saw the highlights though and i have to say WOW!!!!!!

Its about time the team showed what we're really about. Expectations are only going to grow after this victory and i'm pretty sure that the players are regaining their scoring touch.

We're going to be unstoppable again ;)

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
Just saw the goals. What pleased me no end was that familiar blend of aggression, well-timed off the ball movement, and calm finishing. The directness and movement shown by the likes of Fabregas, Hleb, and Adebayor was what I've been waiting (im)patiently for all season. We won't stop scoring if we keep playing football of this calibre.

koivu

Had to wait 5 hours to catch this one on tape delay and glad I didn't come across a spoiler.

I don't know what else to say, that was absolutely amazing. Great football, reminiscent of 'old' times. Felt amazing to watch and hoping we can carry this momentum forward. Great to have Rosicky back as well.

I watched 'Scoring Scoring Arsenal' on DVD last night and during that season(97-98) a midseason win over Blackburn turned the tide for us. Let's hope today's victory has a similar effect.

koivu

thegame24 said:
wernt it a mid season loss to blackburn at highbury that turned our season?

Just had a look and yes, you are right...now where the hell did I get a 2-0 win over Blackburn from...with Wrighty scoring two goals. Was I dreaming last night? I did watch the DVD right before bed... :lol:

thegame24

Established Member
maybe 97 not sure, but i defo remember 98, overmars scored first im all happy, then i think sherwood scored? sutton defo did and i was cryin.

koivu

You are spot on, we lost 3-1 at Highbury after going up through Overmars.

The 2-0 was indeed 1996-97 with Wrighty bagging a brace at Ewood Park.

patrick42uk

Established Member
the only thing that tarnished the result was the defending at times. hopefully it doesnt come back to bite us as we aim to be more consistent.

DC Gunner

Established Member
GoonerGurjit said:
Fabregas could easily get in to double figures too. He gets enough chances.
Actually Cesc needs to learn positioning the ball when shooting since he is not shooting with power yet, most of the time his shots are right @ the keeper with medium force.

Love the scoreline today, and was thinking that at least 3-4 draws this season were candidates for similar results had we taken the loads of created chances with more accuracy, that is 6-8 points right there.

The thing that pissed me off is that "in the USA" Fox did not show our match, and to make it worse, their show "super Saturday" showed the highlights from every other match except our 6-2, go figure :evil:

Thank god, I found the goals on some websites :D 8)

Arsenal Quotes

The club changed so much, I changed with it and football has changed with us... But one thing never changes: the 90 minutes still belong to the player, 90 minutes during which he is king.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom