• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Fulham | 26/12/04

seb_afc

Established Member
who have chelsea got coming up? if we get and should get three points this weekend, im sure the pressure will eventually get to chelsea.

KingReyes

Established Member
seb_afc said:
who have chelsea got coming up? if we get and should get three points this weekend, im sure the pressure will eventually get to chelsea.

Chelsea's next four fixtures are..

Villa H
Portsmouth A
Liverpool A
M'boro H

Hopefully they will drop points in these fixture and at the same time we can get maximum points. Fingers crossed.

seb_afc

Established Member
ok. thanks. there is a big possiblity for them to drop points. lets just hope we can win!!

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
I think Chelsea will draw at least 1 out of those 4, probably at Anfailed, but Pompey and Boro have the capacity to surprise. We have to win our next 5 fixtures to stay in the hunt.

patrick42uk

Established Member
KingReyes said:
seb_afc said:

Chelsea's next four fixtures are..

Villa H
Portsmouth A
Liverpool A
M'boro H

Hopefully they will drop points in these fixture and at the same time we can get maximum points. Fingers crossed.

mourinho himself has admitted he expects chelseas to drop points. as you say, we need to win our games to take advantage. but we too have some potential banana skins. charlton away can be a difficult fixture as is newcastle away. man city at home has been quite a tough fixture for us in the last two years or so. we need to start with a victory over fulham to give confidence for the period. my worry is how well wenger can rotate the teams, using kids, whilst maintaining our quality.

KingReyes

Established Member
My main concern with regards to rotation is Henry, he's stated that he's not fit (at 70%) and playing 4 games in 10 days is a bit risky. I doubt he will complain about playing vut it can't stop him getting injured. I also expect Edu to come back in once he's fit, regardless of his contract situation I feel he will play a game or 2 of the next four, eventhough Wenger wouldn't hesitate putting in Flamini or Cesc.

Also good news that Freddie is back and if Pennant doesn't get a game now I don't think he ever will.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
I'd like to see Almunia, Lauren, Clichy, Vieira, Toure, Campbell, Pennant, Cesc (but I think Flamini will start) van Persie, Henry, Ljungberg.

Subs? haven't got a clue, I'll leave that to the better informed out there, but would like tosee Quincy again.

patrick42uk

Established Member
henry said the 70% thing weeks ago so i think we should stop quoting it because it beomes less relevant every week. especially since we'v had no midweek games two weeks running.

seb_afc

Established Member
but if its a reoccuring injury, then it wont go away. just rest him one game. fulham at home is the perfect opertunity..or perhaps wait a bit longer untill jose reyes comes back.

Shomo

My line up would be these
Almunia
Lauren Campbell Toure Clichy

Ljungberg(hopefully if fit) Flamini Viera Pires

RVP titi
I feel that van persie needs to be given another chance despite that he played poorly last match and am dissapointed with viera's last match performance i hope he will soon be back at his best

KingReyes

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
henry said the 70% thing weeks ago so i think we should stop quoting it because it beomes less relevant every week. especially since we'v had no midweek games two weeks running.

Thats true Patrick, hopefully Henry's fitnes is at a higher level, however I highly doubt its at 100% and Wenger has already stated he would like to rest Henry since he hasn't been rested since the start of the season. Therefore 4 games in 10 days will not help him.

Gurgen

Established Member
Almunia was class, and so was Henry. Running, passing, crossing, setting up chances and most of all scoring. He was everywhere.

Chips&CurrySauce

I thought we played well. Patrick was excellent in the first half, Henry and Pires were also very sharp, though sometimes Henry does over elaborate. For me he tries too many flicks and back heels which don't come off, especially when we are in a very threatening position. If we were a bit more clinical we should have been 3-0 up by half time.

Fulham were dire, I think they only had one good chance all game, which Alumnia sved very well. Manuel was excellent yet again yesterday.

I was a little bit annoyed that Wenger waited to the 80th minute to sub Bergkamp who was having a total mare. I was also annoyed that when we were 2-0 up he rpelaced Freddie with Flamini, even though Pennant was on the bench and apparantly in great form for the reserves. I don't think Arsen trusts Pennant at all and I'd be very suprised if he was still here next season. I don't mind too much but I do feel he atleast deserved a run in the side.

The plus points were Aluminia, Patrick, Henry, Pires (who is looking much sharper) and Lauren aswell who showed great dribbling skills on a few occasions!

bobbypires

Established Member
Pires, Henry, Paddy, Freddie, Lauren, Almunia... good performance. Dennis was the only one who had a bad game. However, I have to say Fulham were awful.
Nice goals and disgraceful crowd.

KingReyes

Established Member
Thought it was a solid performance by the team, looked sharper in our passing and the movement was much better. Very happy to see Vieira play a good game, it seems that he's up for the challenge Wenger issued pre game about him picking up his game and being the main man behind Arsenal's quest to winning the title. Pires and Henry looked dangerous all the time and once again a big up to Freddie who played his part in both goals. Defensively we look a much different team with Sol there, of course we already knew that.

Fulham seemed only focused on scoring from set pieces and you can see that Arsenal are concentrating alot more on not conceding from them. Almunia didn't have much to do but he did what needed well.

Overall a good performance and we are getting back to our best.

Jinn

Established Member
Fulham seemed only focused on scoring from set pieces and you can see that Arsenal are concentrating alot more on not conceding from them. Almunia didn't have much to do but he did what needed well.

Yeah, Arsène's no mug. He's had the team doing lots of training on this, so that teams who think we're still vulnerable from set pieces will get an unpleasant surprise.

Arsenal Quotes

I'm prepared to be committed to the club at least until we go into the new stadium. For me, it’s important that the club goes in there and that I make sure the team are at a very good level. After that, whether it’s me or someone else, the club will be able to compete at the highest level. But for me to run away now would not be fair.

Arsène Wenger after extending his contract on 2004

Latest posts

Top Bottom