• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Manchester City | 25/08/07

DC Gunner

Established Member
Lancelot said:
thegame24 said:
seriously though do we really have that much money, treble the amount of the debts?
If Edelman's words can be taken seriously, the statement could well be true.

From what I understand, the turnover or the net income we received is almost treble the amount we have to repay our debts just for this year and not the entire amount of outstanding debts.

You have to deduct that income by so many things such as taxes, salaries, wages, facilities' maintenance fees and whatnot before you can have a more accurate figure available for the transfer kitty.

At the very least, with such a good level of financial gain, one would think that we should be able to afford an additional player within the range of 15 million quid.
The BBC quote says
he revealed that there are significant funds available for the manager as revenue is "more than double, almost treble" the £260m debt on the Emirates Stadium.
That is about £600-£700 MIL If we were to take the statement @ face value !

What are the Tax laws like in the UK regarding entities having loans+Interest !?

Anzac

Established Member
siddharth said:
Anzac said:
wanna run that by us again & this time think about what you are going to say...................... :x

quite frankly this sort of comment is typical of the 'fair weather supporter' brigade who have no idea about where this club have come from and what we can potentially achieve with this squad...........

perhaps it's not always their fault due to their youthfulness, but by the same token some knowledge of the history of the club would not go astray..........bottom line people - think before you go running off at the mouth making ludicrous statements - you'll only p*ss the REAL supporters off and quickly become labelled as 'yet another d*ck head'............. :roll:
:lol:
Thats the best reply i can give to your drivel.

no surprise really considering the quality statement you made in your original effort.................not............ :roll:

sesquioxide

DC Gunner said:
The BBC quote says
he revealed that there are significant funds available for the manager as revenue is "more than double, almost treble" the £260m debt on the Emirates Stadium.

What are the Tax laws like in the UK regarding entities having loans+Interest !?

DC Gunner, the BBC article is badly written. What they "mean" is that our revenue is 2 to 3 times the debt payment, not the whole debt itself.

It will take 25 years to pay off the whole debt, so you should scale down your expecation by 25 times ... :wink:

siddharth

Rohit said:
My gripe with your joke of a post was that you hoped we'd drop points over the course of the season so that Wenger's mistake would be clear to all.
I'm pleased that you realize that wenger is making a mistake. It's the "i would go with wenger if he believed" that i have a problem with. It's poinltess discussing the limitations of our wingers coz it has been done many times.

No, no one has to take his word as gospel, but he believes that Eboue could be a good winger and Walcott can show his quality as we go into the the season and if he doesn't buy, i ll go with that.
Just answer one question. If at the end of the season or by January say , our lack of a quality backup winger hurts us badly , what are you going to say about it ? I'm sure you will somehow come up with a explanation in defence of wenger.

I say it again , if wenger doesn't sign a backup winger then dropped points with serious consequences is the only way a stubborn man like Arsène can be humbled. There is a very thin line between Courage and Foolishness.

Anyways , we are getting ahead of ourselves when the window is yet to close and I'm done with this .

siddharth

Anzac said:
no surprise really considering the quality statement you made in your original effort.................not............ :roll:
I think you are clearly bored with your long posts. It's a good thing i have skipped through them.

Rohit

Established Member
siddharth said:
Just answer one question. If at the end of the season or by January say , our lack of a quality backup winger hurts us badly , what are you going to say about it ? I'm sure you will somehow come up with a explanation in defence of wenger.

I say it again , if wenger doesn't sign a backup winger then dropped points with serious consequences is the only way a stubborn man like Arsène can be humbled. There is a very thin line between Courage and Foolishness.

If by 31st August we havn't signed a quality winger, i ll say Wenger is wrong and should have signed another winger, but not for one second will i want us to drop points while having to play Eboue or Walcott so that "a stubborn man like Arsène can be humbled".

I have faith in him and i believe in him unlike you though, he sees Eboue everyday in training, not you. If he thinks Eboue has the attributes to be a good winger and he'd rather not spend then i will reluctantly go into the season believing in him. I'd rather go into the season hoping the Eboue turns out of be a masterstroke than wanting us to drop points whilst the experiment fails.

Now, if you could answer this too, what if the Eboue experiment is successful?

KY

Established Member
Lancelot said:
sesquioxide said:
I think so. I believe that we have to be careful with our money but not this careful. I think Wenger has it in mind that spending big money might not get us the title but being careful might be helpful should we fail to get to the Champions League. Through his comment that "It looks like the banks are being very generous this year!", I can tell that Wenger thinks the other clubs are insane.
And rightly too if I may say so.

The amount of money that flooded into the EPL has been unbelievable and I wonder what position in the league exactly do those 'new billionaires' need to achieve from this season onwards in order to generate enough revenue to pay the pending debts.

It will not surprise me one bit if some will be forced to share the similar fate that of Leeds.

PS. Thank you for your reply back there too, Sesquioxide. :)

chelsea are the one team i would bet to perform a leeds. i don't believe for a second that their turnover can cover their operating cost. they have a really tiny stadium. Regardless how much the tickets cost, i just don't think the fan base is big enough for them to wholly support themselves. IF abramovich gets bored, chelsea will be so deep in debt they might even go into administration...

Anzac

Established Member
siddharth said:
Anzac said:
I think you are clearly bored with your long posts. It's a good thing i have skipped through them.

not really - it means that I think about what I am saying and take an effort to explain the reasoning so as not to appear to be making a knee jerk reaction, or some throw away comment that may offend..........

and if you are skipping posts based upon length then you must have a short attention span.............or does your brain hurt to think???????

siddharth

Rohit said:
If by 31st August we havn't signed a quality winger, i ll say Wenger is wrong and should have signed another winger,
Thank you.
but not for one second will i want us to drop points while having to play Eboue or Walcott
I prefer being realistic and the reality is we will drop points if eboue and walcott are our only other options. The sooner wenger realizes it the better. When hleb gets injured (touchwood) you will realize what i was talking about.

Now, if you could answer this too, what if the Eboue experiment is successful?
Already answered it in one of the earlier posts.

siddharth

Anzac said:
not really - it means that I think about what I am saying and take an effort to explain the reasoning so as not to appear to be making a knee jerk reaction, or some throw away comment that may offend
Stop making a fool out of yourself. The winger situation has been discussed countless times until now. Knee jerk reaction ? :lol:

if you are skipping posts based upon length then you must have a short attention span.............or does your brain hurt to think?
Hang on to this forum beyond this transfer window and you will see that there are a lot of people like you in here. :)

DC Gunner

Established Member
sesquioxide said:
DC Gunner said:
The BBC quote says

DC Gunner, the BBC article is badly written. What they "mean" is that our revenue is 2 to 3 times the debt payment, not the whole debt itself.

It will take 25 years to pay off the whole debt, so you should scale down your expecation by 25 times ... :wink:
ok, how is it my fault if the BBC writers can't write :lol: !

Anyway, what is the figure of annual repayment !?

Also, it was written that money [double, or triple that] is available to the manager, thus I am assuming everything else has been accounted for, as the board would not make that money available before sorting everything else financially, don't you think !?

Anzac

Established Member
siddharth said:
Anzac said:
not really - it means that I think about what I am saying and take an effort to explain the reasoning so as not to appear to be making a knee jerk reaction, or some throw away comment that may offend
Stop making a fool out of yourself. The winger situation has been discussed countless times until now. Knee jerk reaction ? :lol:

if you are skipping posts based upon length then you must have a short attention span.............or does your brain hurt to think?
Hang on to this forum beyond this transfer window and you will see that there are a lot of people like you in here. :)

I am aware of the call for a winger - read my post in the Wish List in The Lobby for my views on that. With the loan out of Djourou I feel that a CB is more likely than a 'winger', unless the plan is for Gilberto to be utilised more frequently.

As I have also posted elsewhere, Wenger knows how important the CL is for us in regard to the Emirates debt. He is not likely to jeapordise that & knows that the accountability is his. The Board would be aware of the concerns many have re our squad depth (unless they have their heads in the sand which is unlikely), and would have discussed this with him. I believe that atm Wenger & The Board feel that the squad deserves the opportunity to step up to the mark based performances such as the C Cup run.

Again as I've said previously, I think the strategy is based upon a re-evaluation at the mid season window to see how we are going re performance & injuries, and not about our CL qualification but those of the current teams of our potential targets ( e.g. Modric). If all the talk re funds are accurate we will have more than enough to make significant additions to the squad if required. Those players may be Cup tied for the CL, but not for the EPL which is still the first priority re Top 4 finish.

The only fool here is your attempts to justify your mindless comment that started this, and the knee jerk reaction by the so called fans as yourself making asinine comments regarding Wenger's decisions & calling for a loss of points so as to force him to comply to your wishes / demands.

illmatik

Established Member
Anzac....:lol: If Wenger was to buy someone, it would be a winger, he bought Sagna and when Wenger splashes that much money on someone, he will utilize the **** outta him. He's said countless times the back is good enough, hence why Djourou is out on loan.

Anzac

Established Member
could be that he's not looking to sign a player for the starting line up - just a cover.........

Arsenal Quotes

I am immensely proud to say that I am the manager who has won the most FA Cups, and MY Arsenal are the club to lift it the most.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom