• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Manchester United | 08/11/08

James

Established Member
Frankly, this game could shape our season. A defeat would be a massive blow to our Championship "campaign" already. If we are to challenge, these are the games we need to win.

I'm going to this. I'm not optimistic, but i can't wait. Hopefully the atmosphere won't disappoint, and despite Wenger's views, it could be said that after the Sp**s' game the players owe the fans something.

Tactics? Predictions? I don't care, i just want to see us fight for a result.

Come on you Gunners.

raidersoftheark

Established Member
Re: Arsenal vs. Man Utd | Premier League | 8/11/08 | 12:45

I really think we're going to get raped here. Sorry guys.

0-3 Utd. Rooney (x2), Berbatov

Cesc to hit the crossbar.

ricky1985

Established Member

....very worried.

I think we have to go with a three man midfield with Song or Djourou anchoring it.

Gord knows who we play up front. Will have to be Bendtner I suppose, but he was absolute dross today, so I really aint sure.

They could really humble us.

ricky1985

Established Member

raidersoftheark said:
I really think we're going to get raped here. Sorry guys.

0-3 Utd. Rooney (x2), Berbatov

Cesc to hit the crossbar.

Not all bad then. :)

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus

James said:
Frankly, this game could shape our season. A defeat would be a massive blow to our Championship "campaign" already. If we are to challenge, these are the games we need to win.
Agree.
I'm going to this. I'm not optimistic, but i can't wait.
Same; not the going bit, but the rest.
Tactics? Predictions? I don't care, i just want to see us fight for a result.
Fight, fight, fight.
Come on you Gunners.
Come on you Gunners. Wow, I really added a lot, huh? :lol:

raidersoftheark

Established Member

Tactics, tactics, tactics.

Al
Sagna Gallas Djourou Clichy
Theo Cesc Denilson Nasri
Diaby
Bendtner

Blah, that's not a good form lineup. We'll definetly fight, there's no doubt about that, but this is truly the worst time to face these cocks. Cron is beginning to hit form and Rooney/Berbatov are beginning to click. They'll also probably use that thug Anderson who'll go around trying to give out "reducers" to our midfield, and I cannot see any way in which Bendtner and Diaby will be able to penetrate the human version of a brick wall (Rio/Vidic).

A David/Goliath match if there truly was one. Gah, I have no idea how we'll get out of this without a serious pain in the rectum. Our midfield aren't half as physically strong as theirs, our defense is leaky (although I think Gallas/DJ will be able to do a decent job) and Almunia loves to completely fall into pieces against the Mancs.

Cesc will have to be truly on his game, our wingers and forwards are going to have be much more mobile and make many more runs than they have, Diaby needs to be able to hold on the ball under pressure and release it just before he's cornered, and our defenders are going to have to contest every 50/50 and play like this is the last match of their lives. And Almunia has to grow a pair - he's a total clown against top class teams.

If we truly play like lions and outwit them tactically (because we certainly will lose in a physical battle) we may have a chance to nick a point, or maybe take it all.

Come on Arsenal.

arsenalfc0719

Established Member

Our defense will have to put in the performance of their lives and prove everybody wrong if we have any chance of not loosing this game. Unfortunately I cant see that happening.

We will probably loose by a large margin, but you never know, football is an odd game sometimes. Lets just run like mad, show some great spirit and fight in us, and hope for the best. The biggest mistake we can make is to go all out in search of a victory, we will have to play intelligently and cautiously if we hope to get anything out of this game.

I'd go with

-----------Almunia-----------
Sagna-Gallas-Silvester-Clichy
Eboue-Denilson-Fabregas-Nasri
------Walcott-Bendtner-------

I'm very nervous.

raidersoftheark

Established Member

Oh yeah, and Theo better be fit for this match, as he will be absolutely necessary if we're to pose an attacking threat down the right. Nasri also needs a slap because if Utd play Neville, Nasri has every chance of working him to his advantage, but certainly not in the piss-poor form he's been in for about a month now.

I'd wager that without Theo, we're pretty much toast. There's no way a half-fit Sagna will be able to contain Evra and Nani/Cristina.

number_0

Established Member

I am worried about this one, manure managed to take the lead in Stamford bridge and Anfield but chelsea and pool clawed back, i dont see us doing the same, and if we ever get behind, i dont see us coming back from this one.

Prediction:
1-0
89' Rambo

Klaus Daimler

Established Member

United hasn't exactly been on a great winning streak either this season. They are weak in central midfield, their wingers haven't got it going and their central defence is a shadow of what it was last season. They conceded three goals against Hull in a similar manner to which we conceded the last two against Tottenham. They only managed 1-1 against Everton recently and they have a bad record away from home, having only won 2 out of 5 games. They cocked up against Celtic tonight too, again lacking focus in their defence. I honestly don't see why anyone would suggest that they will rape us.

What I'm worried about is that we don't have Ade for this one. I could live without Robin, and even Cesc in recent form. But I simply can't think of another player either in our squad or in the league that does what Ade does. I think we lost two fairly easy points out of three when he got injured against Stoke. 1-1 seems far more likely right now than the 3-1 or 3-2 I would have betted on last week.

I'm gonna say 2-1. Nasri and Denilson on the scoresheet for us.

kamikaze80

Established Member

1-3 - walcott, ferdinand, cronaldo, rooney

gunner_down_under

We'll win this one 1-0 and lose the next game against Wigan. This season will be the same as the 2006-2007 season when we had a fantastic record against the top 3 and ****ed up in the "smaller games".

Or it could all go horribly wrong as it has over the last few weeks and we would lose 1-3....Rooney to score two and Ronaldo from a penalty.

nazo

Established Member

One thing is for sure, Berbatov is going to be really hard to handle. With the players around him now, it might cost us big time.

Handle him and Rooney and we might have a chance. Clichy and Sagna can deal with Ronaldo and whoever. Gallas better be ready and whoever plays beside him better be ready.

We need an extra man in midfield as backup behind the proper midfield and in front of defense for cleaning up. Maybe a midfield of Denilson-Song-Cesc or Diaby in place of Song is good enough.

This will obviously leave us weakened up front but if Theo is ready he could cause some major problems and we better take advantage of that.

Bottom line is, this game will be tight and we better take our chances when they come.

I'd be interested to see how this line up would do:
--------Almunia--------
Sagna-Gallas-Toure-Clichy (best we have :?)
------Denilson/Song-----
Theo-Cesc-Nasri-Vela/Diaby
-------Bendtner-----

Theo and Vela could help Bendtner up front because he's the best we have unless we want to go 6 in midfield.

Oh and thinking of it, Diaby could be really useful in a game like this. His ability to hold on to the ball could be really useful (if he uses it properly)

Klaus Daimler

Established Member

bluenaz: I think that's exactly how we're going to play, actually. Denilson behind Cesc, Walcott and Nasri on the wings and Diaby positioned somewhere in-between Bendtner and the rest of the midfield.

If Theo makes it back in time for the game, that is.

nazo

Established Member

Klaus Daimler said:
bluenaz: I think that's exactly how we're going to play, actually. Denilson behind Cesc, Walcott and Nasri on the wings and Diaby positioned somewhere in-between Bendtner and the rest of the midfield.

If Theo makes it back in time for the game, that is.

If he doesn't we better hope for a miracle.

I really don't want Bendtner starting this game too. He's been bad lately and will obviously find it hard to do anything against Ferdinand and Vidic.

Theo up front would be nice to see but i doubt it will happen.

Could we hope for a Croatia like surprise with Theo scoring a hattrick? It's a possibility if he starts up front and we play on the counter. He would rip right through them.

thegame24

Established Member

`````````Goalie

Sagna Gallas Silvestre Clichy

``````````Toure/Song

```````````Fabregas``````

Theo````````Diaby`````Nasri

`````````````Vela

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1

A draw at best me thinks.

Anzac

Established Member

I'm going to watch the match to support the team, but I'm not confident of salvaging a point from this........

We'll probably go with a 451, but IMO this would be a mistake - simply because we do not have the players to play the formation effectively. Bendtner is not a front man - he's spent most of his time in the 2nd striker role in a partnership.

morpho

Established Member

1-2 utd... we keep 1-0 until the 89th minute, then rooney fakes a penalty before o'shea, having the game of his life, scores a screamer in the last second...

Original_AAA

I second the pessimists here, the only thing that can save us from total humiliation here is a lot of luck. Predicition: 0-3.

Tactically, my guess is that Wenger will go for a 4-5-1 formation with Bendtner as a lone striker. Probably something like:

---------- Almunia -----------

Sagna Gallas Silvestre Clichy

------- Toure Song -----------

Theo Cesc Nasri

Bendtner

Obviously, this requires that Silvestre's nose isn't going to stop him. Any news on that injury?

Arsenal Quotes

I always wanted to play in English football and Arsenal and Highbury IS English football to me.

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom