• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Manchester United | Wednesday 1st January | KO: 20:00 | BT Sport

Result?

• Arsenal Win

Votes: 31 42.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 15 20.5%
  • United Win

Votes: 27 37.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
oh, right. I saw him in the matchday squad. He must have something that makes Arteta include him in the matchday squad

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We're unbeaten in this new decade.
:lol:

TheEconomist

Established Member
Happy new year everyone. Outside of football I hope everyone has an amazing year.

We've all done well to slum it out all these years with Arsenal and I think we deserve some good times. Whether we get them or not we should be proud that we've stuck with our team through these **** years

That being said let's get this year off to a good start and smash these ****s!

Bergkamp1988

giphy.gif

Get back on topic

Off topic indeed, I was answering your own foolish (off topic) claim about meat.

Childish rebuttal btw.

Last edited:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
New year, new start...let’s get the Arteta Era truly under way with a win, but to do this we need a little bit of luck from God...

...oh here he is scoring the winner against them in 1995, that’s gotta be a good sign! ;)

Last edited:

Bergkamp1988

It's probably narrow-minded to argue either way as men aren't created all equal. Some people are more adapted to eating meat whilst some aren't.

It's not always as simple as putting everyone in the same bracket. What is true though, and that is going with the times, is that eating meat isn't sustainable and is the primary reason for climate change and far worse than cars and planes. But you gotta scratch she dairy products in the same sense.

Fish has downsides as well, but I guess it's by far the best option to go with in a more limited sense as we are doing now. Agree with the other stuff you said though, that's killing our health foremost when primarly looking at the health issue.

I, for myself, have switched to being vegan for some years but eat meat and preferably fish a few times a year when it fits the occasion and sneak some eggs in once in a while.
Performance wise, as I'm doing around 18 hours of sports a weeks, I haven't had drawbacks from doing it.

I agree that diet is an individual thing.
Nutritional science has proven to be very flimsy since you basically cannot keep people in a lab for 30 years and monitor their food intake / health.

Anyway Some people really do seem to thrive on a plant based diet.
Some thrive on a fully carnivorous diet.
Balance seems to be key for most people.

As for the meat - climate change argument, that is a long discussion - and this is not quite the place - but it is an even more complex issue than the nutritional aspect, and I respectfully disagree with your claim.

Happy new year to all eaters.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Humans are omnivoures that is scientific fact

But you ultra left wing loons are as crazy as the far right wing when it comes to disregarding science for your faith

Education is a beautiful thing... I suggest you try it out.

Red meat (beef, veal, pork, lamb and mutton) consumption contributes several important nutrients to the diet, for example essential amino acids, vitamins (including B12) and minerals (including iron and zinc). Processed red meat (ham, sausages, bacon, frankfurters, salami, etc.) undergoes treatment (curing, smoking, salting or the use of chemical preservatives and additives) to improve its shelf life and/or taste. During recent decades, consumption of red meat has been increasing globally, especially in developing countries. At the same time, there has been growing evidence that high consumption of red meat, especially of processed meat, may be associated with an increased risk of several major chronic diseases. Here, a comprehensive summary is provided of the accumulated evidence based on prospective cohort studies regarding the potential adverse health effects of red meat consumption on major chronic diseases, such as diabetes, coronary heart disease, heart failure, stroke and cancer at several sites, and mortality. Risk estimates from pooled analyses and meta‐analyses are presented together with recently published findings. Based on at least six cohorts, summary results for the consumption of unprocessed red meat of 100 g day−1 varied from nonsignificant to statistically significantly increased risk (11% for stroke and for breast cancer, 15% for cardiovascular mortality, 17% for colorectal and 19% for advanced prostate cancer); for the consumption of 50 g day−1 processed meat, the risks were statistically significantly increased for most of the studied diseases (4% for total prostate cancer, 8% for cancer mortality, 9% for breast, 18% for colorectal and 19% for pancreatic cancer, 13% for stroke, 22% for total and 24% for cardiovascular mortality and 32% for diabetes). Potential biological mechanisms underlying the observed risks and the environmental impact of red meat production are also discussed. The evidence‐based integrated message is that it is plausible to conclude that high consumption of red meat, and especially processed meat, is associated with an increased risk of several major chronic diseases and preterm mortality. Production of red meat involves an environmental burden. Therefore, some European countries have already integrated these two issues, human health and the ‘health of the planet’, into new dietary guidelines and recommended limiting consumption of red meat.

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/joim.12543

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Have a funny feeling about this one. Think this could be our game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

At some clubs success is accidental. At Arsenal it is compulsory.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom