• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Middlesbrough | 09/09/06

Mbaki Mutahaba

Established Member
fuma75 said:
we used to score against 10 man defensees a couple years ago.

We usually struggle against 10 man defenses. Any team will struggle against a 10 men defense. Didn't expect us to go 0 for 3 as we have but the difficulties of penetrating...was expected. And we have created enough chances to win these 3 games. Can you at least acknowledge that part. Usually with football, task number 1 is creating the chances. That we have. And I also have faith in the quality of our team that soon we will make the most of those chances. I just hope it starts on Sunday.

jaguars4ever

Clearly we must blame the match announcer since he was the guy most at fault! To play our Wengerball we need to move the ball quickly and counter, and the match announcer never ceased to remind everyone of the dire tube situation! I mean this is serious stuff folks. Clearly you could see on our players faces that they too were contemplating how to circumvent the Waterloo! But alas, it came at the cost of vital match concentration which is what caused Fabs too give the ball away and which distracted Hleb from shooting!

MUTERI

We should start trying something different, 4-3-3 against lesser sides will work IMO, with Theo and rvp as wingers, Henry upfront and Bap and Rosicky behind him as attacking midfeilders.

I don't think we need to play 2 DMs against teams like Villa or Boro especially at home when we are expected to dominate or when we are chasing the game, this will give us an extra player upfront.

Hleb is great in terms of quality but not confident, he simply doesn't believe that he can score even from very close ranges and open angles so he passes the ball to someone else, this has to be addressed.

been

but honestly guys did it ever occure to you they dont see what we see, maybe we see them able to take a shot but form what they see theres someone in fornt of them or maybe the ball is to far from them or there body is not in a position to strike the ball

after all its not a video game

i know its happened to me were all the soccer moms go SHOOT but the ball is not in a position for me to strike it
id rahter pass then hit a ****ty shot and have go to the defenders feet

Uri

i have just seen some clips from the game. looks like weve played some fine soccer yet again.
i find it great. the result sucks, no doubt about that.
i dont know what do we need to do - if it's just not to be the first to get a goal, or to know how to bounce back.
however, the team looked great upfront.
still, it could be a great season.

keep the chin up, gunners.

brianodom

Uri said:
i have just seen some clips from the game. looks like weve played some fine soccer yet again.
i find it great. the result sucks, no doubt about that.
i dont know what do we need to do - if it's just not to be the first to get a goal, or to know how to bounce back.
however, the team looked great upfront.
still, it could be a great season.

keep the chin up, gunners.

we've got to play ugly soccer..score ANY way we can...thats our big problem :wink:

Reyes no.11

Hleb and fabregas must be dropped. formation needs to be changed. djourou has to go. id rather play flamini at left back. sell ljungberg asap.

Reyes no.11

problems? i'll tell. all those starters are our problem. next game, players must replace them.

djourou = flamini
hleb = walcott
fabregas = baptista
ljungberg = rosicky

kheldorin

Is a defensive midfielder really needed against teams that defend in huge numbers? Gilberto and Cesc really did not contribute much to the attacking play yesterday. Most of the penetration came through Hleb and Eboue. I'd drop either Cesc or Gilberto for a more offensive-minded midfielder. Cesc is really defensive minded these days. Both of them lacked penetration.

mistaz23

Reyes no.11 said:
problems? i'll tell. all those starters are our problem. next game, players must replace them.

djourou = flamini
hleb = walcott
fabregas = baptista
ljungberg = rosicky

If by next game you mean our next premiership game, I disagree with all but one.

Djourou should stay in the center because we need Gallas at LB to stop Ronaldo. FLamini did an amazing job there last season but he can easily get exposed by united and their wingers.

I also want Hleb to stay in for two reasons. The first is that he really did have a good game and wouldve been a hero if it werent for a great save. I know Hleb cuts in a bit too much for a "right winger" but he is a creative and lively player. He makes things happen and opens up defenses even though he doesnt score too many. The second reason why is because i feel that this game is a bit too early for Theo. Im sure hes up for the challenge but id rather have a more experienced player for such a big game.

Now, on to Fabregas. To be honest, although he had a ****ty game (for his standards), I want him on the field against united. He can win the game for us with one perfectly weighted throughball and the fact that Man U wont be defensive like borough certainly helps. Against United it will be end to end stuff and we all know that Fabregas thrives in those situations. He is a big game player and will be extremely vital for our attacks and counter attacks...

Youre last swap I agree with. Rosicky played alot better in 30 minutes than Ljundberg did all game long. Ljundberg seems off the mark and as much as I admire him, he created nothing for us on the left side. Rosicky's close control, pace, and imaginative play made a world of difference and will be needed against Man U.

Basically, we need Fab Ros and Hleb because they (along with TH14 and VP11) are our most creative players. Even though Man u do play us physically, they allow us to "play." They wont put 9 people behind the ball in order to sifle us :x . These players will be essential for that game and I hope Wenger realises it. Rosicky MUST play.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Reyes no.11 said:

djourou = flamini
hleb = walcott
fabregas = baptista
ljungberg = rosicky

absolutely rubbish.

karan kansal

There was a moment near the end of the match which perhaps is indicative of why we insist on passing the ball into the net. Or perhaps i am reading too much into it.
Anyways, in injury time, Rosicky had control of the ball near the centre, edge of the penalty area and he chipped it inside. Obviously, all Arsenal players were standing at the edge of the box as well. The camera then went to Wenger and he was livid and gesticulating to pass the ball on the ground. The only option? Go sideways! Like we always do in every game. Left-Centre-Right-Centre-Left-get a corner-forget about it.
Anyone think Wenger insists on passing?

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
Too many people underestimating Ferguson's deviousness. Just because they're in form doesn't mean they're going to attack us with reckless abandon. Thats just wishful thinking. Ferguson knows we're still dangerous if you give us room to play, and he'll make sure his side aren't careless in defence. If teams have been beating us by packing men back, you can bet your ass thats exacly what United is going to do. Add that to the fact they have a fast counter-attack, and it doesn't look good.

MUTERI said:
We should start trying something different, 4-3-3 against lesser sides will work IMO, with Theo and rvp as wingers, Henry upfront and Bap and Rosicky behind him as attacking midfeilders.

I don't think we need to play 2 DMs against teams like Villa or Boro especially at home when we are expected to dominate or when we are chasing the game, this will give us an extra player upfront.

Hleb is great in terms of quality but not confident, he simply doesn't believe that he can score even from very close ranges and open angles so he passes the ball to someone else, this has to be addressed.

ya...i agree that we should not play gilberto in that kind of game...i mean at home.....because gilberto probebly offer us defensive work and not attacking
if we start rosicky then i think we will have more options with two great vision player at the middle.......

Gazza Martinez said:
Too many people underestimating Ferguson's deviousness. Just because they're in form doesn't mean they're going to attack us with reckless abandon. Thats just wishful thinking. Ferguson knows we're still dangerous if you give us room to play, and he'll make sure his side aren't careless in defence. If teams have been beating us by packing men back, you can bet your ass thats exacly what United is going to do. Add that to the fact they have a fast counter-attack, and it doesn't look good.

for the coming manu game i personally think that we will give them a good fight and not like 2 to 3 goals defeat like someboby expected.....

because i think we've been not able to play our game in the last three EPL games because our opponents just stay behind to defend and fill their half as many player as they can..........thats makes us hard to find space to attack......

but i think it will be different at manu because they wont just defend but attack us.....when they attack...we will able to get more space to play the ball and then get the goal maybe......

Nyingmeh

WE DID NOT WIN. Our Recent from is :
D-L-D

And our hype is :

1 - Henry is the best foward in the premiership
2 - cesc is so young and has an eye for goal
3 - RVP is a bundle of cracking talent
4 - Rosisky is a playmaker and craking goal scorer
5 - Baptista is a magnificient signing, strong powerfull and scores one too many
6 - Hleb is so good, so talented and full of assist
7 - Gilberto does not know how to pass.

Ha ha ha - Gilberto has scored the only Arsenal goal for the season, while Henry the king runs up and down and cannot do his job.

Nyingmeh

jaguars4ever said:
Clearly we must blame the match announcer since he was the guy most at fault! To play our Wengerball we need to move the ball quickly and counter, and the match announcer never ceased to remind everyone of the dire tube situation! I mean this is serious stuff folks. Clearly you could see on our players faces that they too were contemplating how to circumvent the Waterloo! But alas, it came at the cost of vital match concentration which is what caused Fabs too give the ball away and which distracted Hleb from shooting!

my mother used to say " A lazy carpenter always complains about his tools " CRAB, ABSOLUTE CRAB u just wrote there. :x

vanderguy

Nyingmeh said:
WE DID NOT WIN. Our Recent from is :
D-L-D

And our hype is :

1 - Henry is the best foward in the premiership
2 - cesc is so young and has an eye for goal
3 - RVP is a bundle of cracking talent
4 - Rosisky is a playmaker and craking goal scorer
5 - Baptista is a magnificient signing, strong powerfull and scores one too many
6 - Hleb is so good, so talented and full of assist
7 - Gilberto does not know how to pass.

Ha ha ha - Gilberto has scored the only Arsenal goal for the season, while Henry the king runs up and down and cannot do his job.

You are sore loser,fuc* off fickle fan :evil: :(

Arsenal Quotes

A manager is a guide. He takes a group of people and says: "With you I can make us a success; I can show you the way".

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 20

Thomas Partey is wanted by clubs in Saudi Arabia, with just one year left on his deal [Evening Standard]

Pedro Neto & Nico Williams are admired by the club, while they have also watched Amadou Onana and Martin Zubimendi this season [Evening Standard]

Cedric Soares confirms his departure from the club [Arsenal.com]

Borussia Dortmund will rival Arsenal to sign Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom