• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Portsmouth | 28/12/05

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 230
  • Views 10,384

kel varnsen

Established Member
RocktheCasbah said:
Is Jose Reyes finally starting to adapt to the team's game? The way he outstripped whoever the defender was and got his pass away at pace was thrilling. Not as thrilling as the finish from Dennis, though, it really was a wonderful goal. If I can dwell a second on Reyes, most of you will know that I was, up until recently a big fan of the guy, but had pretty much given up on him following his horror show against Blackburn. I'm now beginning to suspect that he will prove to be a big player for us, but in not any consistent form. Maybe I'll prove to be wrong, after all he's only 22.

fickleness... :wink:

btw, of course you're wrong. reyes is, with henry, the most talented player here. :)

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Well, if Reyes continues to play like that, we'll all be happy, you for supporting him continuously and me for seeing suspected potential come good.

And believe it or not, I was well happy that he has backed up the Charlton performance last night. It's great news for him and his team.

patrick42uk

Established Member
i guess wenger might have expected more from the likes of reyes, flamini e.t.c this season. good to see them producing these good performances. consistency at their age is a difficult thing to find. perharps its easier for a midfielder but it will be even more difficult for an attacking player like reyes. i wont get my hopes hope with him but i like the direction that henry is perharps suggesting he will be moulded into. he has pace in abundance so we should focus strongly on releasing that. his part will be to work on what he does off the ball. i also like the idea of minimising the amount of time he has the ball. its when he dwells on it that he gives it away cheaply. quick passing would benefit him. yesterday, henry seemed to be talking the younger boys a lot more which i felt was partly encouragement and partly educational. i think thats a good thing to see, no doubt inspired by wenger. henry definately needs to show the kids more patience and understanding.

wenger has always been one to praise players in the press which is a good environment for reyes to be in because i dont think he responds well to criticism. he needs to be pampered and this is perharps what henry's praise for him in the papers is aimed at doing.

KingReyes

Established Member
I'm in shock! I can't believe Henry has finally praised Reyes. I honestly thought it was never going to happen. As Patrick42Uk has said though I feel Wenger has played a part in that, nevertheless hopefully its a sign that Henry has the belief in this side that it can get better and therefore we'll see him with us for the long term.

RockyRocastle said:
It will be interesting next season when you have the mentalist CE season ticket holders, NB regulars and Redaction all behind one goal.

Intresting! So you know for a fact that many vocal supporters from the clockend, North Bank, RedAction etc have all joined together to be behind one goal at AB?

If so hopefully we'll see a much better atmosphere at Arsenal games, made even better if they are placed next to the rival fans.

RockyRocastle

Established Member
KingReyes said:
I'm in shock! I can't believe Henry has finally praised Reyes. I honestly thought it was never going to happen. As Patrick42Uk has said though I feel Wenger has played a part in that, nevertheless hopefully its a sign that Henry has the belief in this side that it can get better and therefore we'll see him with us for the long term.

RockyRocastle said:
It will be interesting next season when you have the mentalist CE season ticket holders, NB regulars and Redaction all behind one goal.

Intresting! So you know for a fact that many vocal supporters from the clockend, North Bank, RedAction etc have all joined together to be behind one goal at AB?

If so hopefully we'll see a much better atmosphere at Arsenal games, made even better if they are placed next to the rival fans.

That is my understanding of it, yeah.

The only problem is that the away support will be at the opposite end of the ground, next to a family enclosure What makes the CE good at Highbury is that you are next the the away section, which wont be the case when we move.

They are doing this so they dont have to move CE ST holders for cup games when away fans get more tickets, like they do at Highbury.

KingReyes

Established Member
Cheers for the info Rocky. So in other words when the yids come to AB they will having a nice banter with family enclosure. Very exciting indeed ;)

Tegh

Established Member
Reyes and Flamini stole the show - two players I've been behind when they've received unjust criticism.

sabret00the

Established Member
Tegh said:
Reyes and Flamini stole the show - two players I've been behind when they've received unjust criticism.
The thing is, Flamini passed forward ALOT, that's unlike him, he normally lays it off to Cesc or someone else with more attacking prowess to do. if he can get the confidence up to do that even when he's got the likes of Cesc beside him, he'll get less criticism.

Tegh

Established Member
He's the more physical midfielder when Cesc's playing, that's why he stays behind and lets Cesc do the attacking play.

IBL

Established Member
Well when Flamini is playing alongside Gilberto he can be seen as the more attacking/creative of the two, whens the last time Gilberto set-up a goal or was actively involved in a move leading up to a goal? Actually I struggle to think of a single example.

Arsenal Quotes

A football team is like a beautiful woman. When you do not tell her, she forgets she is beautiful.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom