• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Wigan Athletic | 11/02/07

Nutsy

Established Member
Should gave our team quite a rest since there's no major Arsenal game for a whole week, except we'll be hosting the Brazil Vs Portugal game on Wednesday Febuary 6th and suppose there has been international call up :? . our Brazilians Shouldn't really be having problem with fatigue now eh? anyway it's

should be a comfortable win for us, and i'd expect Wenger to field a full squad since the points are just vital. we have a game in hand, we can still make it to reach for 3rd place. (i've been ruling out the title, and i think we all should accept the fact this is not one of those seasons). We're prone to injuries, and now suspension of Big Phil. the draw with Boro made me realize parts of the game that can be filled for CBs.

I'd Go for this line-up

---------------------Lehmann-------------------

----Eboue----Toure----Gilberto----Clichy----

----Rosicky---Cesc----Denilson----Flam----

--------------Ade---------Henry--------------

If Wenger still insists on starting Flim Flam, i think this would most probably the line up, Flam was ****e in the second half of the Boro game, but not bad first half. maybe we should start Diaby then. he'll be more useful tbh. :? Hope Boro's just another momentary lapse of ****e display, so far in the year 2007, we're still unbeaten and i'm fine with that. would be nice though if we have the runs of WINNING! sigh

OneProudGooner

Established Member
Erm wasn't Djourou on the bench today? Why wouldn't he start at the back while Phil is suspended?
I'd even be tempted to play Baptista instead of Ade next week as longas he's fit.

kanooo

I'm not too sure if it will be a comfortable win (especially with the bad habit we've picked up lately of not starting well in games).

Wigan seems to have turned the corner a bit. They've just beaten Portsmouth and they'll be hoping to get a good run going.

stuart

Established Member
Surely we will beat Wigan at home? Surely! I think Djourou will be back and if he is i would go with Denilson and Gilberto in the middle with Walcott and Rosicky. If we come out of the blocks well it could be a real ass whooping but if we don't it might become one of those frustrating days as a Gooner.

Lehmann
Hoyte Toure Djourou Clichy
Walcott Denilson Gilberto Rosicky
Adebayor Henry

I will just add, the friendly internationals at this stage of the season are a disgrace :? I will be raging if we lose a player to injury

>YounGunner<

Established Member

----Eboue----Toure----Djourou----Clichy----

-Walcott---Berto----Denilson----Rosicky---

At home we can risk to give poor Cesc a rest. Especially with the england game he will probably play in.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
i think djourou will play in this game as phil is suspended, provided that gallas is still not fit.

anyway i hope we will win this game and every other game after this one until the end of the season.

go49oner

Established Member
Am expecting few injuries after the mid-week friendlies. also whats the latest of Freddi, people don't seem to mention or even care about him anymore. His been out for long time.

Nutsy

Established Member
OneProudGooner said:
Erm wasn't Djourou on the bench today? Why wouldn't he start at the back while Phil is suspended?
I'd even be tempted to play Baptista instead of Ade next week as longas he's fit.

if Djourou was on the bench, why didnt Wenger took Flam off and lets Gilberto filling the slot at central back, right after Big Phil was sent off? if Djourou's in, then that means he's fit. but why would Wenger risk of not Playing Djourou :?:

i'm still having doubts that Denilson will start this game. it is a home fixture, we cant be losing more points. then if anything, i'd be loking at this line-up. why does the Boss insist playing Flim Flam is beyond me :?

----Eboue----Toure----Djourou----Clichy----

----Rosicky---Gilberto----Cesc----Flamini---

no matter how much we want to deny it, we'll be seeing this fixture. if Flim Flam failed to establish himself at Right M; then he'll be experimented at Left M. Sigh

M+D

Established Member
I reckon this team may be more likely:
-----------------Lehmann---------------

--Eboue--Djourou--Toure--Clichy--

--Walcott--Gilberto--Cesc--Rosicky--

--------------Henry----Baptista-----------

This is because we are at home, so we will presumably attack more, and so Theo would be a good choice for a right winger with Hleb out. Baptista is not in the squad for Brazil (I believe) and so will be less tired than Ade.

Lev

I dont expect Flamini to start this game, and i hope im right. Nothing less than 3 points is acceptable here, and my guess at the line up would be :

-----------------Lehmann---------------

--Eboue--Djourou--Toure--Clichy--

--Walcott--Gilberto--Cesc--Rosicky--

--------------Henry----Ade-----------

Almunia, Bap, Hoyte, Denilson, Ali

Iv taken Flamini off the bench purely because thats what i want to see, but AW will probably have him there, so swap ALi with Flamini.

No messing about, no waiting for 1-0 down to come out and play. Lets show what were really about against the lesser teams, and give our fans there and at home watching a treat.

sesquioxide

Lev said:
No messing about, no waiting for 1-0 down to come out and play. Lets show what were really about against the lesser teams, and give our fans there and at home watching a treat.

I hope so as well. I hope we get 2-0 up by half time and then take Fabregas off. Let's admit it, Fabregas has done absolutely fantastically all along, but he appeared even more badly fatigued than Adebayor in the last game (as one should expect after literally nonstop action for months) and our attack was correspondingly weakened just because he was not sharp.

Fabregas will follow Wenger to hell if Wenger asks for it, but it does us no good to have his batteries run completely dry, what with the critical Champions League games coming up.

Go0oner

---------- Lehmann ----------

Eboue - Toure - Djourou - Clichy

Walcott - Denilson - Gilberto - Rosicky

---------- Adebayor - Henry ----------

Subs: Almunia, Hoyte, Fabregas, Ljungberg (?), Baptista.

otfgoon

Established Member
Probable line-up after the midweek injurynationals

Almunia
Hoyte
Senderos
Connolly
Clichy
Denilson
Diaby
Randall
Merida
Aliadiere
Baptista

On a serious note, Cesc needs a rest.

YuenBiaoFan

Established Member
another 1-1 imo.

international games + arsenal + an already injured squad = another game where we'll struggle and another game I'll have to bet against the arse on :( at least for the first half or so.

RockyRocastle

Established Member
YuenBiaoFan said:
another 1-1 imo.

international games + arsenal + an already injured squad = another game where we'll struggle and another game I'll have to bet against the arse on :( at least for the first half or so.

I will have a cyber score on that with you then. No way will we not win this game.

YuenBiaoFan

Established Member
Deal, cyber bet it is then.

Of course all bets off if Wenger plays the Carling team then we'll batter them :lol:

kamikaze80

Established Member
i'd play this:

lehmann
hoyte - toure - djourou - clichy
eboue - denilson - gilberto - rosicky
baptista
henry

almunia, walcott, fabregas, ali, ade

Arsenal Quotes

This is a big moment of happiness...we waited a long time for this and the happiness is linked sometimes with the suffering, and the time that you have to wait....this was more important than all the other (trophies) we have twice won the double, but were not under pressure then like we were today.

Arsène Wenger, on winning the 2014 FA Cup

Latest posts

Top Bottom