• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Blackburn Rovers vs Arsenal | 13/09/08

James

Established Member
150px-Blackburn_crest.png
150px-Arsenal_FC.svg.png

I know we still have a round of International fotball this Wednesday, but frankly, i couldn't really care, and i want to talk about some real football. I'm going to this, and on the back of a disappointing transfer deadline day, i am just looking forward to travelling up and getting behind the boys. Hopefully we will have another day of non-injuries on Wednesday, and we can field the same team that was brilliant against Newcastle.

Tickets are still available by the way. "Supporters who would like to attend this fixture can buy tickets on the day of the game from 1pm onwards from the Darwen End Ticket Office".

IBL

Established Member
Re: Blackburn Rovers v Arsenal | 13-09-80 15:00 GMT

This'll be tough, we're usually pants after internationals.

I can see us either losing 1-0 or drawing.

James

Established Member

Santa Cruz is a doubt still with an ankle injury. Would be good news if he doesn't play obviously, as he is their main threat.

I can see us getting a result to be honest. They looked pretty poor against West Ham. If we play like we did against Newcastle, and baring no injuries, i can see us scoring a couple. 2-0 to the Arse imo.

number_0

Established Member

Van persie's favourate team, expect him to bag a brace, very tough away game, if we cant beat them now, dont know how, we would've faired in november.

atmosphere

I hope we can take care of Jason Roberts, he always seems to do well against us for some reason...

If we play well enough we should be able to bag at least 2.

2-1 to us I reckon.

AFCG7

Established Member

Jason Roberts will give Gallas hell.. but i hope we can keep a clean sheet.

dutchMasta

Hm...away match, after internationals, not sure. I'll go for a draw. Hopefully there won't be any injuries in the next international match.
-----------Almunia-----------
Sagna---Toure--Gallas--Clichy
Walcott-Song----Cesc----Nasri
-------Adebayor--RVP---------
Hopefully Rosicky will be back soon, Wenger did say some time September after all.

Alfonso

Established Member

This should be a good game, and its in the middle of two other very good games that day, at least on paper anyway. Could be in the pub between 12.45 and 7.30pm on Sat, lol. Anyway, Blackburn away is always a tough one and how we perform could be a benchmark and reference for future away games. Having said that, Blackburn to me look a little weaker and less physical than they have done in recent years so I think a win is very much on the cards. It will be interesting to see who partners Cesc as well.

Kain

Established Member

Quick gotta make my post before the morbid loss/draw doom-mongeres get their say, im fairly confident of a win, Wenger wont be looking to go into the season with 4 played and only 6/7 points on the board.

The Blues are away to Man City which should be interesting still they steam rolled City last season but that was at home, who knows if the new suger-daddys put abit of bite into them, While The Scousers play United, theres a high chance all three could drop points and we need to capitalise on this or atleast play catch up for the Fulham **** up.

All three of our potent strike force RVP/Eduardo/Ade put goals past Blackburn last season and Ince seemingly is trying to get them to play football again which is good news for us as we no longer have to play Sparkys Crunch tackle/ bully tactics, which makes me agree with Alfonso's post above they are nowhere near the team we've had to put up with in recent years and look to be in transition.

Our last result against Newcastle was one of the best performances i've seen for awhile can only hope Wenger can carry that and build upon it, and also that the International's are kind to us.

Im going for a win again, despite being away i think we can put daylight in the score aswell 2-0/3-1

AFCG7

Established Member

You really think because Sparky's gone that Blackburn will change tactics? Incy will make sure his boys give us more of the same.

nazo

Established Member

Rvp will score 79 goals but will get injured near the 89th minute mark.
This will be tough. Not only is it an away game, it's right after an international 'break' with players all over Europe (and the world). A 1-0 win would be fine with me.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

This game is for RVP to shine.

Any kind of win will do. Expecting a tough game

RockyRocastle

Established Member

thegame24 said:
yea september 2009

Heh yeah, Rosicky is permanently 2 weeks away from being fit.

Always enjoy Blackburn away. My favourite memory of the place is the 98 double season and winning 4-1 in the run in. I remember us being four up after 20 minutes (a Dennis masterclass) and then ****ting myself for the rest of the game as I was sure it would be called off due to the snow storm.

"we only score with the white ball" "you can stick your organge ball up your arse" Ha class, you had to be there I suppose.

Plan to be in the Fernhurst early doors to watch the scousers vs the mancs. Should be a good day.

James

Established Member

Haha, that away day in the 98 season was brilliant. Always enjoy Blackburn also. Not sure why, because the place is full of 15 year old inbred ****s. I remember going up there though after the Bernabeu game, and we were ****ing woeful, as well as the 2-0 defeat with Gilberto at centre half.

I said the same thing in the TM section about Fernhurst mate. Going to try set off early and get in there for it. Say hello if you recognise my boat hah.

Jameel46

Established Member

the best thing about blackburn now is that they no longer have friedel to keep us out.

ThaSaltCracka

**** these chumps, lets thump them. That early season loss to Fulham was a wake up call.

Arsenal Quotes

Robert Pirès was a fabulous player, world-class, and for a few years, before his injury, he was unquestionably the best left-midfielder in the world by far. He had incredible technique, he was smart, a finisher. He was a killer with a smile, the gentlest man in the world who suddenly drive the ball exactly where it was needed.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom