• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Burnley v Arsenal | Saturday, March 6 | KO: 12:30 UTC | BT Sport

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,603
  • Views 55,722

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Nah Xhaka is asking for it, but he’s in a much worse position to make a pass than Leno is.. Best option for Xhaka there is to pass it back to Leno and let him clear it. Indefensible mistake from Xhaka though and the goal is 100% on him.
Yeah just seen the replay. The pass he should have made would have been a scoop which is ofc a terrible idea, instead he tries to curl it around Wood which is even more difficult. No idea why he didn't pass back to Leno. Overconfident if anything.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Don't agree. I think even when your manager wants you to play out from the back these kinds of passes are just straight-up bad since you won't get anything out it over 5m and with the back to the field and under pressure.

It's basically inviting mistakes.
It was not a bad pass. Any other player would have passed it one time to Luiz but Xhaka has to take a touch. You're going to say it was passed to his weaker foot. Well, after taking the touch Xhaka still made the pass with....his weaker foot.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
That's 100% on Xhaka. Leno gave him a good pass that Xhaka should have played to Luiz first time.

Switching the ball to the right side of the pitch with his right foot is Xhaka's biggest weakness, he literally can't do it.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Just rewatched the footage of the equaliser.

Yes Leno does pass it to Xhaka's left, but its still far too tight for him to handle in such a dangerous zone.

Hopefully this does not cost us the match.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Leno had ages to pass the ball and passed it to the only player under pressure. The favouritism on this board when mirrored by the likes of Arteta is what loses teams points and positions.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Serious question:

Is Arteta even making the players accountable for these mistakes? Because there doesn’t seem to be any consequences for these mistakes.

You have to wonder how a team continually does this all season and doesn’t change.
In terms of Xhaka mistakes you could ask the same question of the previous manager and also the manager before him.

Bruce Rioch had his number though.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Don't agree. I think even when your manager wants you to play out from the back these kinds of passes are just straight-up bad since you won't get anything out it over 5m and with the back to the field and under pressure.

It's basically inviting mistakes.

If you are talking about Leno’s pass I agree it was a bad pass, but that shouldn’t have led to a goal against, just loss of possession..

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I thought Leno was also at fault as well, a wide pass to Luiz made more sense. Xhaka makes the biggest error though!

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
If Leno passes that ball to Partey he deals with it without issue and no one's saying anything about Leno's pass

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Looking at it again, I think Leno should've took a second rather than being so quick to give it to Xhaka in that position. Ødegaard was also in a decent position if he dropped a bit further he could have found him.

Raqe

I'm sorry but that pass is just dumb. It does not achieve anything. It's not about shifting blame away from xhaka since that goal is his fault but saying that the pass was good or ok is just wrong.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Comfortable first half till the mistake from Xhaka. It was an error and he was forced into it by Leno for playing into his weaker foot. We have seen them beat the press like this very often and score from it. No need for the outrage. Infuriating way to concede but that’s how we play.

I want to see them play their game and not shy after the mistake.

I am more frustrated by the chances we have not put to bed. We are creating too many clear chances to just be 1-1 after the break.

Arteta should get into them and send them back out. Senior players must turn up now and win this game.
1-0 by default is not comfortable. That’s what our players have to start understanding. Our intensity levels were too low and it’s a recurring issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I've got the best goalkeeper and the best centre half. All I need are the best wingers and the best forward. It doesnt matter what the rest are like.

Herbert Chapman
Top Bottom