• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Chelsea vs Arsenal | 21/08/05

Arsenal fans in the Shed End. This means I will have been at all four ends of the ground. - Opposite end used to be away section terrace, then in there Matthew Harding stand for FA cup replay. West stand for League Cup Semi and East Stand Lower for all matches since all seater.

King_Henry_14

Reyes must now be played on the RIGHT wing this year imo ...

using his left foot to cut inside...

............................Lehmann

.......Lauren......Toure......Senderos........Cole

Freddie(Reyes)....Gilberto.....Fabregas(Pires) Hleb

............Bergkamp(van Persie).......Henry

Subs in (brackets)

James

Established Member
Dixon's Girl said:
Arsenal fans in the Shed End. This means I will have been at all four ends of the ground. - Opposite end used to be away section terrace, then in there Matthew Harding stand for FA cup replay. West stand for League Cup Semi and East Stand Lower for all matches since all seater.
Cheers for that :)

What we got, the whole of the lower? Or part of the lower and upper?

Any idea why they've done that then? I thought they'd give us the ****e view in the East lower for another season. Certainly be alot more atmosphere this time.

lee1001

Established Member
Just out of interest what is everybodies 16 for the game? Providing there are no new injuries with Reyes back somebody won't even make the bench.

Lets assume that Almunia will be one sub to cover goal.
Cygan another to cover defence.
Flamini to cover defensive midfield.

Who starts upfront/left and right midfield?
And therefore who is on the bench?

One of Pires, Bergkamp, Ljungberg, Hleb, RVP, Henry won't even make the 16. Who is your choice?

My choice..
Up front I think it has to be Henry and RVP.
Right midfield has to be Ljungberg on current form.

Left midfield...Id like to see Hleb. So my starting team would be..

Lehmann.
Lauren. Toure. Senderos. Cole.
Ljungberg. Cesc. Gilberto. Hleb.
Henry. RVP.

Subs: Almunia, Cygan, Flamini, Reyes, Bergkamp.

Sorry Bobby, it was a difficult choice but your form pre-season to date has not been good enough.

sabret00the

Established Member
Lehmann.
Henry. RVP.

Subs: Almunia, Eboue, Cygan, Reyes, Quincy

lee1001

Established Member
sabret00the said:
Lehmann.
Henry. RVP.

Subs: Almunia, Eboue, Cygan, Reyes, Quincy

Is it wise to leave out both Pires and Bergkamp from this game?
Thats a lot of experience we'll be missing out on in such a high pressure game away from home at the champions.

Im talking as subs, I agree with your starting line-up.

Also leaving out Flamini is a mistake. What happens if Gilberto gets injured? You can't have so many attacking players without cover for defensive midfield.

The away scheme has upper tickets. I am on that but my Dad has just turned 65 and asked for concession. So they gave us lower tickets as Chelsea only do concessions in the lower tier.

A

Anonymous

thats a bit strange, last week, everyone here was saying how we have no chance, and now everyone is confident we'll walk over the ****ers at the bridge next weekend!!!

how one day in football changes everything eh :wink:

goooner

AFCG7 said:
How about a big fat yes.
I think it could work.. at least it would be something different to throw Mourinho's plans off.
No way Thierry left Juve couse they put him on the wing, puh Hleb instead Cesc, Reyes instead Pires and RVP instead Bergkamp and those lucky bastards will loooooose.

Mostarac

Established Member
If we play up to our best against Chelsea, then we will win. Everybody saw how lucky they were against Wigan today.

James

Established Member
Dixon's Girl said:
The away scheme has upper tickets. I am on that but my Dad has just turned 65 and asked for concession. So they gave us lower tickets as Chelsea only do concessions in the lower tier.
Ah damn, my brother's a concession so most probably be down in the lower tier too then, unless Arsenal have decided to mess up our tickets for not the first time. Shall have to look.

AFCG7

Established Member
Isnt Reyes suspended after the red card in the cup final? I just thought of that.. i think he could be.. or was it only for one game?

AFCG7

Established Member
I cant remember it it was 2 yellows. I know he was booked early in the game but i cant recall if the ref gave him a straight red for the second offence or if a second yellow was shown..

By the way gooooner .. my idea about RVP playing point man and Henry playing wide wasnt meant to be a permanent tactic.. i was meant to be a change in formation to upset Chelsea's balance at the back. We all know that Mourinho will definitely ask Gallas to pick up Henry since he can match Thierry for pace, much like what Boumsong tried today. I feel if we can pull Gallas out of the centre then someone else can run at Terry..maybe Ljungberg who will beat him for pace.

kel varnsen

Established Member
AFCG7 said:
I cant remember it it was 2 yellows. I know he was booked early in the game but i cant recall if the ref gave him a straight red for the second offence or if a second yellow was shown..

By the way gooooner .. my idea about RVP playing point man and Henry playing wide wasnt meant to be a permanent tactic.. i was meant to be a change in formation to upset Chelsea's balance at the back. We all know that Mourinho will definitely ask Gallas to pick up Henry since he can match Thierry for pace, much like what Boumsong tried today. I feel if we can pull Gallas out of the centre then someone else can run at Terry..maybe Ljungberg who will beat him for pace.

if gallas tries to pick up henry, van persie, if he plays, will have a field day with terry. van persie's lightning quick turns will be too much for terry. i also think ljungberg will tear del horno a new one. ljungberg is looking very sharp at the moment. his pace is back and he just seems very fit. del horno will struggle; mark my words...

Arsenal Quotes

Arsène Wenger's idea is not only to play good football. It's to play good football to win. In my day, we knew that with our style we could hurt teams and win trophies too. But we did it our way, with the positional game, passing, movement.

Dennis Bergkamp

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 27

Arsenal are considering a loan move for Barcelona striker Victor Roque [Sport]

Wolves, Aston Villa, Everton and Crystal Palace are in the race to sign Emile Smith Rowe [TeamTalk]

Fabio Vieira could leave the club if the club receives a “good proposal” [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal, Man Utd and PSG are the favourites to land 18 year old attacker Désiré Doué. Rennes want €40m after turning down half that from Leverkusen in January. [RMC]

Newcastle’s interest in Aaron Ramsdale has cooled as they view the £30m asking price as too high [Craig Hope - Daily Mail]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom