• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Fulham vs Arsenal | 29/11/06

Arsenal_FAN1983

Don Pacifico said:
The average points tally for winning the Premiership since it became a 38 game season is exactly 86. In our current position, that requires us to get around 2.67 points per game. That essentially means we have to win 8 out of every 9 matches from now on. Looking a little unrealistic?

The lowest points tally to win a 38 game season was 75 points. For us to win in that season we would from now on have to gain 2.208 (to 3dp) points per game. That is the equivalent of having to win more than 2 out of every three matches. Looking any more likely?

We really can't believe we are going to win it this season unless there is a massive slip up from Manure and the Chavs. !

I think we can do it, I am not saying we will do it, but maybe just maybe things can turn round for us. Surely there are some lessons being learnt during this period, remember november is never a good month for us, so I am hoping now we are out of it, we can start turning things around. As I said for us to win it though we need to beat the big teams.

DC Gunner

Established Member
I was looking and saying :FULHAM !!!?

For god's sake, Fulaham ?

Why is it whenever someone need tog get some points badly or to break a streak they do get it done against us [this season.].

To me, It has been a forgone conclusion that I will never trust Senderos anymore.

Lehmann looked jaded Barthez-style.

Henry played a left winger again.

No one meets crosses in the middle, AGAIN.

Flamini is not a worthy starter.

RVP needs to be given the freedom to shoot from outside more.

Without Gallas, our Defense seems to lack confidence.

and we need Ljungberg replaced ASAP.

andyswafc

DC Gunner said:
I was looking and saying :FULHAM !!!?

For god's sake, Fulaham ?

Why is it whenever someone needs points or to break a streak they do get it done against us this season.

To me, It has been a forgone conclusion that I will never trust Senderos anymore.

and we need a Ljungberg replaced ASAP.

To add to your moan, Henry and RVP need to play together more, to develop their 'on field relationship'

sesquioxide

Arsenal_FAN1983 said:
Don Pacifico said:
The average points tally for winning the Premiership since it became a 38 game season is exactly 86. In our current position, that requires us to get around 2.67 points per game. That essentially means we have to win 8 out of every 9 matches from now on. Looking a little unrealistic?

The lowest points tally to win a 38 game season was 75 points. For us to win in that season we would from now on have to gain 2.208 (to 3dp) points per game. That is the equivalent of having to win more than 2 out of every three matches. Looking any more likely?

We really can't believe we are going to win it this season unless there is a massive slip up from Manure and the Chavs. !

I think we can do it, I am not saying we will do it, but maybe just maybe things can turn round for us. Surely there are some lessons being learnt during this period, remember november is never a good month for us, so I am hoping now we are out of it, we can start turning things around. As I said for us to win it though we need to beat the big teams.

Arsenal_FAN1983, I applaud you for being a true fan. I think quite of few of the rest of us here on this forum could learn from you.

Arsenal_FAN1983

Yes well at the end of the day we shouldn't just fall down and lose confidence in the team, if we do that then the players will be even more down. We need to get behind the team more and show more belief in them. Now while I know we do that, sometimes it could be said that we just sit down and keep quite and then moan at the end of the game for not winning. :roll:

hujja

Established Member
What a pathetic piss poor performance. I'm going to start betting on us conceding within the first ten minutes. Where the **** was Henry?!!

DC Gunner

Established Member
andyswafc said:
To add to your moan, Henry and RVP need to play together more, to develop their 'on field relationship'
you can Call it a moan if you want :D, this is how I truly felt when the match was done, and felt like saying what I have been thinking for long while now.

From the BBC

Fulham claimed their first win over Arsenal in 40 years as the visitors never recovered from a nightmare start.

I don't expect us to win every match, but I expect us to play good and hard.

just because we don't have a shot @ the title, it does not mean we need to stop aiming to win as many matches as we can, we need to secure a CL spot @ minimum.

hujja

Established Member
Arsenal_FAN1983 said:
Just came back from injury, mostly all alone up front and is having a very bad month. He will be back in December. :wink:

Man, you must be on some pretty strong stuff. Can I have what you're having?

Thierry Henry has been a mere shadow of his former self.

This defeat is nothing less than an embarrassment to the club. They should be ashamed of themselves.

If Arsène comes out and pisses and moans about everything other than his teams performance, he'll lose a significant amount of everyone's respect.

I have never seen such a cockless performance against such a yuppie team. Song is a walking disaster. Sometimes Flamini forgets he's a footballer. Senderos didn't look like a defender. Hleb can't take or make a pass for saving his life. Lehmann has evidently forgotten how to be a good goalkeeper.

We're so obviously screwed. I'll be surprised if we end up fourth.

JazzG

Established Member
Henry's goal was world class and was on side, if that had counted we would of turned them over imo but sometimes in life you have to earn your luck and we just didn't

Wenger took a big risk messing about with the team today, our fullbacks are key to our game and they were **** today. Senderos + Toure I felt were being dragged all over the place due to that and it didn't help when you put a pub footballer in Song on the pitch as well.

Once apon a time had Fulham played at that kind of tempo against us we would soaked in all the pressure and hammered them on the counter attacks and won 6-0 but this current lot just couldn't cope with the pace. That was really disappointing and I think too many players were looking for others for inspiration rather than doing something themselves. Really need a strong charactor in midfield, it really is spineless right now.

famous no 10

Established Member
Song is simply not good enough, not just a knee jerk reaction, he just isn't...today he was so bad even Wenger took him off half time, something he rarely does to younger players...I can't see him getting another chance after that performance.

I started off the season thinking we had potentially the best squad we've ever had...how wrong I was...too many average players, other more experienced players just don't seem to give a f**k, and we are relying on a 19 year old midfield player to win us matches now.

Hoyte?Flamini?Song?you can't take liberties against any pl team, and we just don't have a strong enough squad to cope without Gallas, Eboue or any resemblance to a left back...pityful.

We have problems and I can only see it getting worse before Wenger can make any sense of this shambles...yet another "transitional" season, I guess.

Rant over.

AFCFan4Ever

Wenger's tactics mystify me YET AGAIN...

Absolutely shocking is all I can say.

How in the world does he justify playing Alex Song??? Ok so you want to rest Cesc, I understand but there were MUCH better options. Slide Rosicky into that role where he's more comfortable and play Theo and Hleb in the wide spots. If not that, why not play Baptista there? I mean, I just don't understand what in the world he was thinking. Song is NOT a creative player, his partnership with Gilberto left the side stagnant...there was no creative force in the midfield. Not to mention he doesn't know how to defend and looks drunk every time he plays, incredible. Flamini at LB wasn't exactly a brilliant decision either...don't know what he was thinking with that.

Other notes...

- Senderos has turned into a calamity...he has no positional sense, gets caught out of position a lot, and doesn't have the speed to catch up to anyone or get back into position.

- Henry just looks like he's going through the motions at this point...almost like it's no big deal to him. He was shocking today, I mean I've tried to defend him this season but I can't defend today. I don't know what's up with him, is he regretting staying at Arsenal? Who knows at this point.

- Gilberto turned in his usual woeful performance after having a good game against Bolton. I like Bert and all but man when he's bad....he's bad.

- Is Jens losing his mind right before us? It looks like it to me from time to time...I have no idea what goes through his mind on some of his decisions but they baffle me. It looks like he just wants to get into fights and argue with the ref...completely frozen on two FKs and lucky Boa Morte was offside when he came running out of his area and was lost. He's turning into Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde...great saves and then idiotic decisions.

I mean I just don't know what to say after this one, our next 3 games aren't any easier and quite frankly I don't fancy us to take any points from any of those games at this point.

Don Pacifico

Established Member
AFCFan4Ever said:
Wenger's tactics mystify me YET AGAIN...

Absolutely shocking is all I can say.

How in the world does he justify playing Alex Song??? Ok so you want to rest Cesc, I understand but there were MUCH better options. Slide Rosicky into that role where he's more comfortable and play Theo and Hleb in the wide spots. If not that, why not play Baptista there? I mean, I just don't understand what in the world he was thinking. Song is NOT a creative player, his partnership with Gilberto left the side stagnant...there was no creative force in the midfield. Not to mention he doesn't know how to defend and looks drunk every time he plays, incredible. Flamini at LB wasn't exactly a brilliant decision either...don't know what he was thinking with that.

Other notes...

- Senderos has turned into a calamity...he has no positional sense, gets caught out of position a lot, and doesn't have the speed to catch up to anyone or get back into position.
- Henry just looks like he's going through the motions at this point...almost like it's no big deal to him. He was shocking today, I mean I've tried to defend him this season but I can't defend today. I don't know what's up with him, is he regretting staying at Arsenal? Who knows at this point.

- Gilberto turned in his usual woeful performance after having a good game against Bolton. I like Bert and all but man when he's bad....he's bad.
- Is Jens losing his mind right before us? It looks like it to me from time to time...I have no idea what goes through his mind on some of his decisions but they baffle me. It looks like he just wants to get into fights and argue with the ref...completely frozen on two FKs and lucky Boa Morte was offside when he came running out of his area and was lost. He's turning into Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde...great saves and then idiotic decisions.I mean I just don't know what to say after this one, our next 3 games aren't any easier and quite frankly I don't fancy us to take any points from any of those games at this point.

Aren't these slight knee jerk reactions?

henry79

the problem is the whole team was going forward even the defence especially toure
they all got a bit too excited and then when we lost the ball in the midfied we were put on the back foot. it happened time and time again. thats how there second goal came from.

DOUBLE-YOU

DC Gunner said:

and we need Ljungberg replaced ASAP.

in relation to your points - and trust me i am just as disappointed as you, but....

Over the last 2 seasons, when we went on runs without conceding it's usually when senderos plays with toure. I felt he was unlucky to get sent off against fulham.

Henry playing left wing, i don't kow if we played 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 but a lot of fans have been asking why he doesn't go on the left anymore. what do we really want?he can't be everywhere

Flamini is not a worthy starter....thats why he doesn't usually start.

We need Ljungberg replaced.... but freddie never played today. His "replacement" is rosicky / Walcott / Van Persie. Even saying that Freddie is still a good player. last season wasn't one of his best but he was outstanding in the big games, like against real madrid and barcelona.

Alfonso

Established Member
Wenger's post match comments-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 183154.stm

"The game was played at a high pace, I can't fault the team but it's difficult when you're 2-0 down early on.

"We're playing many games at the moment but the team showed great spirit and reactions, we fought until the end but it just doesn't seem to be going for us at the moment.

"Of course we are down and disappointed, but it's part of your job to cope with that - if you want to play at the top level, sometimes it doesn't got your way.

"We have character and we will respond, don't worry."

Don Pacifico

Established Member
Alfonso said:

"The game was played at a high pace, I can't fault the team but it's difficult when you're 2-0 down early on.

"We're playing many games at the moment but the team showed great spirit and reactions, we fought until the end but it just doesn't seem to be going for us at the moment.

"Of course we are down and disappointed, but it's part of your job to cope with that - if you want to play at the top level, sometimes it doesn't got your way.

I thought that's what he said after the Bolton match... :lol:

nazo

Established Member
Alfonso said:

I doubt that.
If our players don't show a 100% effort against the spuds (ESPECIALLY Henry), some serious questions should be asked.

Army of Me

Established Member
I've just got back in from the cinema (James Bond, great film) and was hoping for some good news to send me off to sleep, and I can't believe it.

I can't believe we've been beaten by Fulham, seriously.

Mystified.

This **** needs to be sorted out, we're a ****ing laughing stock.

Arsenal Quotes

At some clubs success is accidental. At Arsenal it is compulsory.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom