• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win PL: Leeds 1 - 4 Arsenal | Saturday 18th, December | KO: 17:30 GMT | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
1_Leeds-United-vs-Arsenal-live-blog.jpg

Venue: Elland Road

We played well last night. I couldn't help thinking that maybe it was just the adrenaline fueling us after the Auba captaincy palaver. History shows that we'll probably drop points here after last night's performance. Fingers crossed.

Apart from the win, there were quite a few positives. Our attacking youngsters looked fantastic albeit against a depleted West Ham defense, but still...

It now falls on Mikel to show that last night's performance wasn't his trademark false dawns (Yes, it is!).

Leeds are playing poorly at the moment. They look tired vs city. Maybe Bielsa's high octane football has finally caught up with them. They look like they're wearing lead boots. They can barely run.

We win this and it puts us in a nice position for top 4 (How many times have we said this?).

Screenshot-20211216-082607.png

Screenshot-20211216-082519.png

Screenshot-20211216-084431.png

Screenshot-20211216-082712.png

I think Arteta will keep the same Lineup. Depending on our martinelli recovers ESR might come in for him.
Screenshot-20211216-085228.png

Prediction

Leeds 0-1 Arsenal

Justin1986

I am surprised @Justin1986 didn't disliked your comment. He is doing that to everyone being a little critical with the bad performance at second half compared to first 45 min.

Not even hairspray did that lol
Coming from the person who likes every negative post , there’s being realistic and there’s being negative for the sake of it , your a troll 👍🏻

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
@Rimaal

Not posting the name, but whom is this YouTube comment referring too...

"... changing his mind on Arsenal for the 8th time this week. What a guy, love him."

...will give you three guesses? ;)

I'm guessing they're referring @Rex Banter.
AMers should really stop trolling members on Youtube video comments. It's very indiscreet. Fight club rules should apply to this forum.

Andrew Cole Linighan

Player:Saka
Bielsa STILL needs an interpreter? How long has he been in England now?
Yes, it still seems odd. How do the players relate to him? If he gets angry and starts saying strong words, shouting, does his interpreter copy him? 😡🤬
I can remember when Southampton had Pochetihno, he had an interpreter to start with.
A Good Win for Arsenal at Elland Road. Top Four position now, hope we can maintain this position in the league table. Champions League music to be placed at the Emirates Stadium again next season?
Can remember when Arsenal played Leeds United at Elland Road in 1992/93? It was the first time that Arsenal had to use a substitute goalkeeper during a game. David Seaman had to go off, to be replaced by the Late Alan Miller.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

That was a good win for us, we played a very good 1st half & we could have been up 4/5-0 at half time if we took advantage of those first few chances but still, that was a bit disappointing in the 2nd half we decided again just to sit back & hardly even try in the 2nd half. It wasn't until we conceded the penalty that we hardly tried again. The top teams would keep going all game. Good game but pretty disappointing 2nd half. A win is a win though.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
For all their injuries.

The same injury ravaged Leeds team went away to Chelsea, and undeservedly lost due to a dodgy last minute pen...while we smashed them.

How many times over the last 5 years, have Arsenal not taken advantage of games like this...great maturity by our players yesterday.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
For all their injuries.

The same injury ravaged Leeds team went away to Chelsea, and undeservedly lost due to a dodgy last minute pen...while we smashed them.

How many times over the last 5 years, have Arsenal not taken advantage of games like this...great maturity by our players yesterday.
You wouldn’t be saying that sort of stuff though if we’d lost with Partey, Gabriel, White, Xhaka, Lacazette and Saka missing. Liverpool struggled last year with just a few key injuries.

People underestimate injuries. When key players are out the manager has no chance of sustaining results, even if they get the odd lucky result. Souness blaming Bielsa was talking out of his arse.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Someone sitting in the Leeds end made racist comments. This is not completely unexpected.

Tavares & Pepe :( Reported by Holdino (C)

Arrested and carted off like the filthy racist pig they are.
Thanks mate, I hate racism doesn't matter who it is even if it is a player from our rivals (Tottenham, Chelsea Liverpool etc,), no one deserves any bit of racism in the world :(

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
For all their injuries.

I’ve also lost count of the amount of games we’ve had to play with a ridiculous amount of injuries. We deserve this.

Riou

You wouldn’t be saying that sort of stuff though if we’d lost with Partey, Gabriel, White, Xhaka, Lacazette and Saka missing. Liverpool struggled last year with just a few key injuries.

People underestimate injuries. When key players are out the manager has no chance of sustaining results, even if they get the odd lucky result. Souness blaming Bielsa was talking out of his arse.

Mate, I don't want to get drawn into some kind of Wenger debate here.

1. I loved Arsène too
2. He's clearly a better manager than Arteta
3. Still want Arteta to do well

Just happy the team is doing well, that's all :lol:

Riou

I’ve also lost count of the amount of games we’ve had to play with a ridiculous amount of injuries. We deserve this.

Started this season with the likes of Partey, Gabriel and Laca missing...and we hadn't bought the likes of Ramsdale or Tomi.

Considering where we were after the first 3 games, to be where we are now, Arsenal deserve some credit.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Mate, I don't want to get drawn into some kind of Wenger debate here.

1. I loved Arsène too
2. He's clearly a better manager than Arteta
3. Still want Arteta to do well

Just happy the team is doing well, that's all :lol:
:lol::lol: It doesn’t matter what I post, people do mental gymnastics to see if it could relate to Arsène in some way.

Last edited:

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Nobody’s saying we don’t deserve it, we do. It’s about time we got a break ( no pun intended ;)). But at the same time, let’s not pretend Arteta and the team have suddenly improved drastically after their drubbing at United and Everton because they’ve beaten some injury ravaged cheaper squads.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Nobody’s saying we don’t deserve it, we do. It’s about time we got a break ( no pun intended ;)). But at the same time, let’s not pretend Arteta and the team have suddenly improved drastically after their drubbing at United and Everton because they’ve beaten some injury ravaged cheaper squads.

Makingtrax: merry Xmas everyone!

Everyone: woah ****ing hell mate we don't want a Wenger debate, it's xmas FFS

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐

Nobody’s pretending either.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Makingtrax: merry Xmas everyone!

Everyone: woah ****ing hell mate we don't want a Wenger debate, it's xmas FFS
Makingtrax: Let’s not get carried away Leeds had a lot of injuries
Riou: We don’t want a Wenger debate
Makingtrax: Your doing gymnastics to bring Wenger into this
Jasard: We don’t want a Wenger debate Makingtrax, it’s Xmas ffs

Lol

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Someone sitting in the Leeds end made racist comments. This is not completely unexpected.

Tavares & Pepe :( Reported by Holdino (C)

Arrested and carted off like the filthy racist pig they are.
I love how you guys arrest your racists in America they get sent to Congresss or get a Fox show, and multimillion dollar payday. Good on the UK. We have too many idiots here using free speech to spread lies and target minorities for violence, otherwise known as the Fox News business model. Congrats not be sarcastic. We should start imprisoning then idiots here who fly confederate flags just like a Swastika will get you a jail cell in Germany.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
:lol::lol: It doesn’t matter what I post, people do mental gymnastics to see if it could relate to Arsène in some way.

It’s very strange.

Do you think it might be something to do with fact that you have made posts that contain the words Wenger or Arsène 30 times since the start of November?

I know the theory is a bit of a stretch, I’m clutching at straws tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If Ryan Giggs is worth 20 millions, Bergkamp is worth 100 million

Marco Van Basten

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 19

RB Leipzig want to offer Benjamin Šeško a new contract to stay for one more year [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are the negotiating table for Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim via Sport_Witness]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom