• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win PL: Leicester City 0 - 2 Arsenal | Saturday 30th October | KO: 12:30 BST | BT Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Ramsdale

Tomiyasu White Gabriel Tierney

Saka Partey Lokonga ESR

Auba Laca

We have struggled against teams who play 3 at the back so I would try 2 up front again. Bring Pepe on for Laca when he inevitably gets gassed after 60 minutes.
That's the lineup I'm hoping for as well. It's basically Laca in for Ødegaard. There's an argument for Pepe starting over Saka as well but it's nice to have the creativity on the flanks with two strikers.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Really don't know what to expect from this one. Every game is a lottery for us really. They're nothing to be feared at the moment but unfortunately they'll be thinking exactly the same way about us.

I'd go with the same team that won the Villa game though, reward them for a winning performance.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Ramsdale

Tomiyasu White Gabriel Tierney

Saka Partey Lokonga ESR

Auba Laca

We have struggled against teams who play 3 at the back so I would try 2 up front again. Bring Pepe on for Laca when he inevitably gets gassed after 60 minutes.

I like it.

Two forwards pressing the center backs is an effective strategy IMO, as opposed to the one forward chasing the CB on the ball and using his cover shadow to block the other CB. The players are right there ready to suffocate you, as opposed to bypassing a single forward (Auba) with clever movement and positioning.

They would probably split the CBs and use the GK as the third man in their buildup, but we would still have enough numbers in the press to cater for that.

Its why the "attacking 442" is being seen more these days, and we have guys like Pep to thank for this.

The main thing for me is us either forcing them long and winning the ball back, or turning the ball over higher up and attacking their defense. The latter especially raises our XG tremendously as we are naturally closer to goal with numbers.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Why did Arteta play White against a struggling team at home in the Caribbean cup if he had been feeling ill for a day or two?

Barry

Interesting comments about White and Saliba. He talks about what it was about White's defensive game, passing game and character that persuaded the club to sign him.

Our loans manager was in France watching Saliba this week. Doesn't sound positive about him staying next year though ("that's a decision we will have to make in the summer") and ("I don't want to talk about it now, there's a chance of course but it will depend what happens with other players")

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Interesting comments about White and Saliba. He talks about what it was about White's defensive game, passing game and character that persuaded the club to sign him.

Our loans manager was in France watching Saliba this week. Doesn't sound positive about him staying next year though ("that's a decision we will have to make in the summer")

Did he explain why he decided to use a sick player against Leeds in the Carneval cup?

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

No but White looked fine until he went off and we had a clean sheet so what's the problem?

The problem is that you are supposed to be in your bed and rest when you are sick, not playing football in a game you dont really have to participate in.

Barry

The problem is that you are supposed to be in your bed and rest when you are sick, not playing football in a game you dont really have to participate in.
Yeah maybe but he can't have been that sick if he was playing elite level football right? Obviously whatever effected him came on suddenly or was just causing fatigue. It's not like a knee injury where you don't want to aggravate something. He was fine to play and he played well until he couldn't. I don't see the issue to be honest.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Yeah maybe but he can't have been that sick if he was playing elite level football right? Obviously whatever effected him came on suddenly or was just causing fatigue. It's not like a knee injury where you don't want to aggravate something. He was fine to play and he played well until he couldn't. I don't see the issue to be honest.

He wasnt fine to play if he had to be substituted ffs. The issue? If you are sick you are supposed to rest if you want to become healthy and not risking making things worse. Why is this difficult to understand?

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Funny how he only attacked many of the “usual suspects”. Funny how he also called me a troll for my post Wenger 6-8 prophecy, but who was right?
“Calling the Arsenal a 6th-8th club place team and promoting Arteta to wind up the big lads on this forum.”

I mean you were pretty spot on here. Reminds me of the times I was called a troll for not eating Lacazette and Torreira just for everyone to eventually agree.

It’s hard when you know football and have to discuss it with the less educated but alas here we are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I first came to Arsenal, I realised the back four were all university graduates in the art of defending. As for Tony Adams, I consider him to be a doctor of defence. He is simply outstanding.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom