• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Manchester United vs Arsenal | 09/04/06

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
We are going strong, so are Manure. There's one major difference: this is a must win match for Manure (thanks to Chelski's sudden drop in form), if they drop points they can kiss the EPL title goodbye (wouldn't it be nice if Chelski dropped points, but we would prevent Manure from taking advantage of that...); for us a draw would be considered a decent result. This means the pressure is on Manure; they need to make the game.

We just shouldn't allow their midfielders and defenders time to play the ball comfortably forward. One mistake and we'll rip them apart... I've got a good feeling about this match...

f4evo

eddie_wills said:
0-0 or 1-0 to Man Utd. No shame in that at all, and I think we'll give a good account of ourselves.

ban him!!! :evil: :twisted:

in seriousness be more optimistic

i think we have to win this game to remove all the pain from last season's loss where we were cheated

i say 3-2 to us

nidza7

Established Member
leonardo santiago said:
We are going strong, so are Manure. There's one major difference: this is a must win match for Manure (thanks to Chelski's sudden drop in form), if they drop points they can kiss the EPL title goodbye (wouldn't it be nice if Chelski dropped points, but we would prevent Manure from taking advantage of that...); for us a draw would be considered a decent result. This means the pressure is on Manure; they need to make the game.

We just shouldn't allow their midfielders and defenders time to play the ball comfortably forward. One mistake and we'll rip them apart... I've got a good feeling about this match...

me too.Something tells me we can upset them.

cubbz_th14

f4evo said:
eddie_wills said:
0-0 or 1-0 to Man Utd. No shame in that at all, and I think we'll give a good account of ourselves.

ban him!!! :evil: :twisted:

in seriousness be more optimistic

i think we have to win this game to remove all the pain from last season's loss where we were cheated

i say 3-2 to us

5-0 ?? :p :p :p

Lukazan

Established Member
kel varnsen said:
btw, this game could end up either way. we could demolish them and steamroll through the rest of the season, winning everything. or they could hammer us and we'll break down completely...

i have absolutely no idea.

I feel the exact same.

You never quite know what you are going to get in these games.

As I said elsewhere though if we were to win this then NO DOUBT in my mind 4th place is ours and we'll probably win every game comfortably on the way. Lose it? 4th would still be possible but I just fear it may rock the ship a bit which we DON'T NEED when the race for 4th is so tight. A draw would be good, that'd be okay.

Still, my gut feeling is to go with a Man United win, 1-0 Saha. Man United know how to beat us and will try to bully us like they have the past 4-5 or so meetings and since Blackburn away, which we of course lost, we haven't come up against a physical team away from home.

EDIT: Not liking this 'U' automatically gets turned in to 'you' thing :D, have to keep writing United ffs.

EDIT AGAIN: Can't even bloody explain it properly because of it. :D

DannyGooner1982

The thing with Manure is that even when we are in top form and they aren't, they always somehow find a way to beat or draw with us.

Let's kick some ass lads!

kel varnsen

Established Member
i'm, strangely, extremely optimistic. i think we'll hammer them. we'll win 2-1 in turin and then 3-0 in manchester. right now, we are the best team in europe. all of a sudden, every player in the squad is finally showing their potential. barring no injuries, or returns from injury, we'll see this team next weekend:

lehmann
eboue-senderos-toure-flamini
hleb-cesc-gilberto-reyes
adebayor/van persie-henry

we'll definately play 4-4-2. no doubt about it. there is absolutely no way wenger will bench both ade and rvp...

Lukazan

Established Member
Qualification to the semi-finals of the CL for the first time ever and a thrashing of Man Yoo for the first time in.. what? Not including the Charity Shield last season I cannae remember one.. the Carling Cup? (WILTORD!! :D) Suppose the FA Cup in 02-03 counts (WILTORD!! :D).

That'd be a week sent directly from the heavens tbh.

Tony Montana

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
personally, i think we'll win. i say that with 0.01% hint of disappointment because i'd have loved man utd to win the league

Why? Do you secretly suppport them? :? :roll:

I'd flippin' hate them to win the league. I don't want Chelsea to win it either and so I'd hate it if they won it but to choose between the two it would have to be Chelsea. If Manure won it...........all hell would break lose about Man utd being the best club in the world blablabla. Think about the League titles too. It's like this:

1.) Man Utd have 15 titles

2.) Chelsea have 2 titles

3.) Arsenal have 13 titles

4.) If Chelsea win the league this season they will have 10 titles less. This is good although admittedly not as good as eleven more.

5.) If Man win the league then they will obtain 16 titles and we will fall further behind them in the numbers game which is bad.

To put it simply, we don't want Manure moving further above us in historical and recent status. Chelsea are just using Abramovich for money and their history shows this even more.

Dougan17

even a loss isn't going to be terribly damaging to our CL hopes with the form we're in but a win would certainly sandbag our points just in case and it would boost the confidence of the team all around with, God willing, a CL semifinal match on the horizon.

patrick42uk

Established Member
tonymontana, thats yor logic and you are entitled to it. but i'd rather give man utd another trophy than have chelsea win back to back trophies something which we'v never done under wenger and probably wont hear the last of.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Tony Montana said:
To put it simply, we don't want Manure moving further above us in historical and recent status. Chelsea are just using Abramovich for money and their history shows this even more.

to be honest, ManUtd are the biggest team in England and have been for some time.. not saying the BEST, but the biggest.. for a smaller team from London to have 13 titles to either 15 OR 16, it's not such a bad record... personally, i dont want chelsea to win because they stand for everything bad about the current world of football... that said, i want us to win at OT

elamita

DannyGooner1982 said:
The thing with Manure is that even when we are in top form and they aren't, they always somehow find a way to beat or draw with us.

Let's kick some ass lads!
well in the last ten encounters we have won five and they have won five not considering the draws. and i bet arsenal willl change that this season. and plus considering how much man united spend on players and how much we spend on players we have done quiet well do keep up with them. there fan base is way bigger than us, and their stadium is pretty good too. but i'll bet in the next couple of season if we win the champions league they wont be the biggest club in england we will be at the top with them. i hope we can win this.

haziqziqo

Arsenal have risen in form
I am very confident that our young guns can make it Europe and in England
I say we'll win it by three or two goals if we win Juve at delle alpi
If they lose , dont even think about it

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
I'm more confident then I've ever been, because bascially, our 451 actually looks efficient in both attack and defense.

The 442 with Fred and Bob on the wings has seen us suffer at OT in the past, because Man U continually knock long balls into wide channels for Rooney and Ronaldo to get on the end of, and our fullbacks usually end up horribly exposed. Now, with this new formation, we have Reyes and Hleb tucking playing almost as auxillary fullbacks, negating much of the space United's pacy wide attackers used to revel in against us. If anything, Man U will be more worried about exposing themselves to the pace of our counterattacks.

The other thing is our central midfield is better than theirs. We have the ability to deny their midfield the ball for long periods of the game, like Barca did to Chelsea. Their forward line has been single-handedly winning them games. If we can deny the balls to their forwards, their midfield and defense won't be good enough to keep us out for very long.

Plus, as someone mentioned, the current Arsenal side has the least bottlers it has had in a long time. Cesc, RvP, Eboue, Kolo, Flamini, Hleb, and Reyes are all fighters who don't shirk the big occassion. I'm pretty confident there wont be any mental hangover from our last OT experience, and the lads will just get on with game professionally.

adjie

AFCG7 said:
I think they'll beat us. we are both in great form but their squad has that look of more completeness to it. We still have a few flaws in our game..they'll have the pace and trickery to exploit it more than we could do to them.

If Cesc, Eboue and Hleb OK and we'll using this tricky 4-5-1 again,
I won't agree with you, but if Eboue and Cesc can't play, hmmm ....
We need a dozens luck to overcome Giggsy, Ronaldo and Park.
Plus of course commanding figure of Gilberto.

Gooner for 60 years

After this week, I think come Sun evening we'll know if le boss has done the "impossible" and created TEAM NUMBER 3. We've all taken a lot of pain this year; won't it be great to move to Ashburton knowing that just maybe our 'old' Invincibles are in catching distance of the new?

f4evo

I hope Diaby sorts out some of the t*ssers in the Manure team :evil:
especially John O'Shea :lol:

Arsenal Quotes

He is like a new signing

Arsène Wenger on a player coming back from injury

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 3

Marco Silva is pushing the Fulham board to spend as Arsenal prepare to listen to offers for Emile Smith Rowe, among other fringe players [Evening Standard]

New Fenerbache manager Jose Mourinho is determined to stop Arsenal from signing LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [TBR Football]

Latest posts

Top Bottom