• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL most underrated players starting 11

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Put togeher a team of the PL most undderrated players ever.

My choices are

GK: Flowers - The best English keeper in my life time after Seamen and Martyn.

RB: Ward - Most underrated RB in the league the the past decade. Doesnt offer much going foward but in his prime he was one of best FBs in the league defensively.

CB: Hypia - Liverpool's best CB in my life time but didnt get the hype or praise Carragher got let alone Van Djik.

CB: Ronny Johnsen - Didn't get praised as a World class CB at the time but this guy was extremely good and consistent.

LB: Silvestre - People remeber him as a very poor CB which he was at the end of his career and forget how good of a LB he was for Utd in his prime.

LM: Arshavin - people remeber him for just how bad he was with us in his final 2 seasons and forget just how good he was in his first 3 seasons with us. Arshavin had a great goal and assist return in the league for his first 3 seasons with us. Arshavin most memorable moments included Scoring a match winner at the Nou Camp, scoring 4 goals in 1 match at Anfield and a bullet of a shot against Utd.

CM: Barry - Such an intelligent midfielder with excellent positional awareness. Barry didnt get the praise Henderson is currently getting but was twice the player.

CM: Poyet - I would say he is Chelsea's best ever value signing considering he was free. Poyet had 4 consecutive seasons were he got 10 or more league goals each season. Interegal part of chelsea's Uffea cup and FA Cup winning team and scored the winner against Real Madrid in the Super Cup.

RM: Parlour - Arsenal fans knew just how good he was but opposition fans didn't. Tim Lovejoy famous live commentary quote" It's only Ray Parlour" came back to hurt him seconds later. A very well rounded, versatile player who was workhorse with a great engine. The FA cup final screamer against Chelsea and the hattrick against Toon will stick in my mind forever.

ACM: Le Tissier - Only player in the history of PL whose first touch rivals Bergkamp. The most creative English player of my life time. 3 x 20+ plus league goal seasons and 2 x 15+ league goal scoring seasons. If there was a competition for the player who scored the best quality goals in the PL history it would be between Le tiss, Bergkamp and Henry. Media always talk about Slippy G and Fat Frank but Le Tiss was far more talented than them. Le Tiss was over looked by England due to his lack of defensive contribution.

CF: Ferdinand - One of the best target men the PL has seen. 3 x 20+ plus league goal scoring seasons and another 2 x 15+ goal seasons. When people talk about great English strikers of 90s they mention Shearer, Owen, Wright, Fowler, Cole and sheringham but Ferdinand should be considered amongst them.

Other undderrated players include:

GK - Lehman, De goey, Given and Shaka Hislop.

CB- Berg, Ehiogu, Radebe, Koscielny and Jagielka.

Full backs - Babayaro, Slyvinho, Le Saux, Sagna and Carr.

DCMs and CMs - Rob Lee, Nicky Butt, Dennis Wise, Paul Ince and Arteta.

Attacking midfielders- Muzzy Izzet, Mikael Goldbeck, Benito Carbone, Kinkladze, Kanchelskis, Poborsky, Berger, Rosicky, Kuyt and Lallana.

Strikers- Solskjær and Dion Dublin.

Last edited:

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Jääskeläinen
Finnan King Hyppia Irwin
Carrick
Arteta Tugay
Duff Saha Anelka​

Honourable mentions:

Hasselbaink - Don't think people realise just how good he really was.

Andy Cole - 3rd highest scorer in Premier league history but will never get the recognition Aguero, Rooney, Suarez, Kane etc. will.

Nasri - I think at one point I wanted him more than RvP, I loved his fake shots, scored some outrageous goals with his dribbling alone.

Moutinho - Class player, he should have been playing regularly for a Top 6 team much earlier in his career.

Alonso - Don't think he ever got the praise he deserved till he left Liverpool, Gerrard was the media's whore and Alonso was always twice the player. To some extent, the same applies to Mascherano.

Hjalmaar

CB: Hypia - Liverpool's best CB in my life time but didnt get the hype or praise Carragher got let alone Van Djik.

Jääskeläinen
Finnan King Hyppia Irwin
Carrick
Arteta Tugay
Duff Saha Anelka​

It's Hyypiä FFS! The best CB Finland ever had by a quite distance. So nice to see him included on both of your teams.

Corbulo

I don't think some of the players mentioned are underrated. They are just unknown to the generation who thought that Arsenal was named after Arsène.

JuanCarlosValeron

-------------------------------Niemi----------------------------------------
Sagna----------Keown----------------Laursen--------------Ziege----------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----Hleb-----------Hamman---------------Edu---------------------Kewell
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------Viduka-----Dean Sturridge---------------------------------

Honourable mentions:
Thomas Sørensen
Colin Hendry
Michael Svensson
Dan Petrescu
Claus Jensen
Laurent Robert
Youssef Chippo
Mustapha Hadji
Gustavo Poyet
Faustino Asprilla
Darren Huckerby

Last edited:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

...brilliant player.

JuanCarlosValeron

My choices are

GK: Flowers - The best English keeper in my life time after Seamen and Martyn.

RB: Ward - Most underrated RB in the league the the past decade. Doesnt offer much going foward but in his prime he was one of best FBs in the league defensively.

CB: Ronny Johnsen - Didn't get praised as a World class CB at the time but this guy was extremely good and consistent.

LB: Silvestre - People remeber him as a very poor CB which he was at the end of his career and forget how good of a LB he was for Utd in his prime.

LM: Arshavin - people remeber him for just how bad he was with us in his final 2 seasons and forget just how good he was in his first 3 seasons with us. Arshavin had a great goal and assist return in the league for his first 3 seasons with us. Arshavin most memorable moments included Scoring a match winner at the Nou Camp, scoring 4 goals in 1 match at Anfield and a bullet of a shot against Utd.

CM: Barry - Such an intelligent midfielder with excellent positional awareness. Barry didnt get the praise Henderson is currently getting but was twice the player.

CM: Poyet - I would say he is Chelsea's best ever value signing considering he was free. Poyet had 4 consecutive seasons were he got 10 or more league goals each season. Interegal part of chelsea's Uffea cup and FA Cup winning team and scored the winner against Real Madrid in the Super Cup.

RM: Parlour - Arsenal fans knew just how good he was but opposition fans didn't. Tim Lovejoy famous live commentary quote" It's only Ray Parlour" came back to hurt him seconds later. A very well rounded, versatile player who was workhorse with a great engine. The FA cup final screamer against Chelsea and the hattrick against Toon will stick in my mind forever.

ACM: Le Tissier - Only player in the history of PL whose first touch rivals Bergkamp. The most creative English player of my life time. 3 x 20+ plus league goal seasons and 2 x 15+ league goal scoring seasons. If there was a competition for the player who scored the best quality goals in the PL history it would be between Le tiss, Bergkamp and Henry. Media always talk about Slippy G and Fat Frank but Le Tiss was far more talented than them. Le Tiss was over looked by England due to his lack of defensive contribution.

CF: Ferdinand - One of the best target men the PL has seen. 3 x 20+ plus league goal scoring seasons and another 2 x 15+ goal seasons. When people talk about great English strikers of 90s they mention Shearer, Owen, Wright, Fowler, Cole and sheringham but Ferdinand should be considered amongst them.

Other undderrated players include:

GK - Lehman, De goey, Given and Shaka Hislop.

CB- Berg, Ehiogu, Radebe, Koscielny and Jagielka.

Full backs - Babayaro, Slyvinho, Le Saux, Sagna and Carr.

DCMs and CMs - Rob Lee, Nicky Butt, Dennis Wise, Paul Ince and Arteta.

Attacking midfielders- Muzzy Izzet, Mikael Goldbeck, Benito Carbone, Kinkladze, Kanchelskis, Poborsky, Berger, Rosicky, Kuyt and Lallana.

Strikers- Solskjær and Dion Dublin.

Whom are you referring to? Mikkel Beck, Bjarne Goldbæk or a hybrid?

Mitch

Whom are you referring to? Mikkel Beck, Bjarne Goldbæk or a hybrid?

I meant BJarne Goldbæk who impressed me everytime I caught him for Chelsea in the limited time he was there (obviously he didnt impress me enough to remeber his correct name:lol:).

Mitch

-------------------------------Niemi----------------------------------------
Sagna----------Keown----------------Laursen--------------Ziege----------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----Hleb-----------Hamman---------------Edu---------------------Kewell
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------Viduka-----Dean Sturridge---------------------------------

Honourable mentions:
Thomas Sørensen
Colin Hendry
Michael Svensson
Dan Petrescu
Claus Jensen
Laurent Robert
Youssef Chippo
Mustapha Hadji
Gustavo Poyet
Faustino Asprilla
Darren Huckerby

I compeletly forgot about Laursen, he was very good for Villa.

Arsenal Quotes

A manager is a guide. He takes a group of people and says: "With you I can make us a success; I can show you the way".

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom