• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Southampton vs Arsenal | December 16, 2018 13:30 GMT | Sky Sports

Match prediction

• Southampton win

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Arsenal win

Votes: 31 70.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

boyinneedofhumor

I think there wasn't a single person approving this formation and lineup. I enjoy this discussions if we should play Ramsey or Özil, 4-3-3 or 3-5-2 but the setup from Emery was just embarrassing and he needs to do better. This is not saying he's a bad manager, it was just poor setup from him and we lost points. Managers can lose us points just as CB's and GK's
I wouldn't say its embarrassing.

Regarding formations, personally I would form an opinion after he's brought in a winger of his choice. Atm we're using FB/WB to provide width, with what we have.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Yes, they’ve just spent £70m on a CB and £60m on a keeper and £60m on a midfielder.

In contrast we spent £16m on a CB, £25m on a keeper and £30m on a midfielder. As you say finding value in the market is our only way forward. Spending 5th is not easy for a manager when your fans are baying for bigger trophies than the FA Cups Wenger kept delivering.

Liverpool are so good in the transfer market it annoys me, even now they have a front 3 that they can sell for ridiculous prices individually. We've never been good in the transfer market, our players always run down their contracts which F's us over in the long run.

I agree though, it's a personnel issue now and was with Wenger. I just hope Emery isn't as loyal to players as Wenger was. I tried to tell people Koscielny isn't that good but Arsenal fans keep telling me he's world class.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Liverpool are so good in the transfer market it annoys me, even now they have a front 3 that they can sell for ridiculous prices individually. We've never been good in the transfer market, our players always run down their contracts which F's us over in the long run.

I agree though, it's a personnel issue now and was with Wenger. I just hope Emery isn't as loyal to players as Wenger was. I tried to tell people Koscielny isn't that good but Arsenal fans keep telling me he's world class.
The transfer market is everything, to all but City, United and Chelsea. Sp**s and Liverpool have done well,no doubt.

Stat DNA was a waste. It’s down to Sven as much as Emery.

say yes

forum master baiter
Think Emery has almost become a victim of his own success tbh.

Has started so well that people are forgetting the magnitude of his task. After that 10 game winning streak people were talking about a title challenge ffs!

Now he’s lost his first game in 23 matches and people are freaking out because we’re 3 points off 4th - even though finishing top 4 was the best case scenario at the start of the season!

Incredibly high standards when you consider that City, Liverpool and Sp**s have all had record breaking starts to the season as well. Meanwhile our real competition for 4th (Chelsea) have a squad that has won 2 of the last 4 PL titles, finished comfortably above us last season, and are not having to replace a manager who’d been embedded into the club for two decades.

Let’s not forget how great a job Emery is doing, even if (as expected) he can’t get us back into the top 4 in his first season. It’s an achievement in itself that he’s got the fanbase hoping again; let’s not use that against him.

Last edited:

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Think Emery has almost become a victim of his own success tbh.

Has started so well that people are forgetting the magnitude of his task. After that 10 game winning streak people were talking about a title challenge ffs!

Now he’s lost his first game in 23 matches and people are freaking out because we’re 3 points off 4th - even though finishing top 4 was the best case scenario at the start of the season!

Incredibly high standards when you consider that City, Liverpool and Sp**s have all had record breaking starts to the season as well. Meanwhile our real competition for 4th (Chelsea) have a squad that has won 2 of the last 4 PL titles, finished comfortably above us last season, and are not having to replace a manager who’d been embedded into the club for two decades.

Let’s not forget how great a job Emery is doing, even if (as expected) he can’t get us back into the top 4 in his first season. It’s an achievement in itself that he’s got the fanbase hoping again; let’s not use that against him.

Spot on! Some seem to have forgotten the defence we had vs Saints, also the new manager syndrome. Clearly we are not clicking at the moment but there are reasons, Emery has no control over suspensions, also some players are under-performing. Lets hope he gets a chance to buy someone in Jan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

One of the things I discovered in Japan was from watching sumo wrestling. At the end you can never tell who has won the fight, and who has lost, because they do not show their emotion because it could embarrass the loser. It is unbelievable. That is why I try to teach my team politeness. It is only here in England that everybody pokes their tongue out when they win.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom